Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s wrong with this? It’s a mixed gender category and they aren’t trans
It was more about the fact that in Sydney we have a challenge named after someone because they were the first person to complete all Sydney based parkruns.
There was no mention or thought of trans row in my my mind.
however there is someone in NSW that has started a petition to have the records etc reinstated. Not many realise the actual reason why and where it’s come from

Reactions: 4
It was more about the fact that in Sydney we have a challenge named after someone because they were the first person to complete all Sydney based parkruns.
It's quite a common thing to name challenges after the first person to do them - Cowell, Freyne are the ones that spring to mind. I think there's a Lon-done one for all the parkruns in London.

Reactions: 2
There was no mention or thought of trans row in my my mind.
however there is someone in NSW that has started a petition to have the records etc reinstated. Not many realise the actual reason why and where it’s come from
I've actually gone back and looked at it again and I think the shirts are just coincidence like you say!

There are parkruns being cancelled in Australia over ‘protest’ of performances not being publicly shown. I think parkrun have now created more problems for themselves

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Saw a post today about Rocup run, they have a free 5k run on a Saturday morning, sound familiar 🤔
Apparently when they started they turned up at the same park as parkrun but they start at 8:00am, the post said some parkruns had to be cancelled last minute. Not sure how much exaggeration was in the post??

I think it was one event that had to cancel? They announced it on the day I think. I’m not sure of the ins and outs but for example, I know HQs guidelines is cancelling for vehicles for example. So if they’ve bought a van and we’re packing up and driving out.
I was RD when someone was setting up an event (we’d been told they wouldn’t be there till about 11) and we had to cancel with about 20 minutes notice as there were a few flatbeds driving in and out of one of the gates.

Reactions: 1
I think it was one event that had to cancel? They announced it on the day I think. I’m not sure of the ins and outs but for example, I know HQs guidelines is cancelling for vehicles for example. So if they’ve bought a van and we’re packing up and driving out.
I was RD when someone was setting up an event (we’d been told they wouldn’t be there till about 11) and we had to cancel with about 20 minutes notice as there were a few flatbeds driving in and out of one of the gates.
I would have told them they didn't have access till 11, bit rude of them!