Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved the episode with Lou! I think she came across really well, and very similar to Josh so you can see why the dynamics work in the podcast too šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 17
I'd be interested to see what Rose is like. She's probably really different to what you'd think.

Reactions: 6
I'd be interested to see what Rose is like. She's probably really different to what you'd think.
I liked her chat on the audiobook. I'm looking forward to her episode.

I loved this episode with Lou. A valentine's treat from my two favourites haha šŸ˜‚
I think Lou is lovely, and I think her relationship with Rob is too. Very real and genuine.

Reactions: 10
Loved the episode with Lou. So funny! I loved when Josh kept egging things on and Rob was getting ā€œannoyedā€ lol. Looking forward to Roseā€™s episode. I recently listened to the book and through Roseā€™s chapter in it and she came across really well.

Reactions: 14
I really like Lou, and the episode! Hopefully she will come back on again.. I do wonder thoā€¦

will she become another Rosie Ramsey šŸ¤Ŗ

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I really like Lou, and the episode! Hopefully she will come back on again.. I do wonder thoā€¦

will she become another Rosie Ramsey šŸ¤Ŗ
No!! Please no!! This world does not need another Rosie Ramsey!!

Iā€™ve just finished the episode, really liked Lou. She came across well and had a bit of banter. Sheā€™s exactly what I would expect Robā€™s wife to be like.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
SO glad Iā€™ve found this thread!! Love this podcast so much. Only got into it last year and Iā€™m gutted as I know it wouldā€™ve helped me so much in lockdown when I had a new baby and really crappy friends. Going to the live tour in April and Iā€™m so excited.

Just about to listen to this weeks episode a day late but wanted to mention Louā€™s insta post about breastfeeding and couldnā€™t agree more. My HV told me in no uncertain terms that my baby would get poorly if I didnā€™t breastfeed and breast is best bla bla. Baby didnā€™t latch on properly and I couldnā€™t do it. Felt like an utter failure. He lost weight and had to go back to hospital twice with me being told if he lost anymore weight theyā€™d admit him. I was distraught. Midwife came to visit me at home that day and she was bloody amazing. She said ā€œas a mum, not a midwife, I am telling you not to carry this on if you donā€™t want to. Put him on a bottle and make yourself better and the babyā€. Baby Went on a bottle that same day (we have a photo of him smiling with his first bottle, yes itā€™s wind Iknow but god he looks so happy!) and he gained weight and it was the best thing ever.

My HV was an absolute tit. I hate the insta mums who brag about breast feeding. Heā€™s never been poorly, heā€™s not overweight. Heā€™s perfectly fine and a lot healthier and happier had I forced myself to breastfeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
SO glad Iā€™ve found this thread!! Love this podcast so much. Only got into it last year and Iā€™m gutted as I know it wouldā€™ve helped me so much in lockdown when I had a new baby and really crappy friends. Going to the live tour in April and Iā€™m so excited.

Just about to listen to this weeks episode a day late but wanted to mention Louā€™s insta post about breastfeeding and couldnā€™t agree more. My HV told me in no uncertain terms that my baby would get poorly if I didnā€™t breastfeed and breast is best bla bla. Baby didnā€™t latch on properly and I couldnā€™t do it. Felt like an utter failure. He lost weight and had to go back to hospital twice with me being told if he lost anymore weight theyā€™d admit him. I was distraught. Midwife came to visit me at home that day and she was bloody amazing. She said ā€œas a mum, not a midwife, I am telling you not to carry this on if you donā€™t want to. Put him on a bottle and make yourself better and the babyā€. Baby Went on a bottle that same day (we have a photo of him smiling with his first bottle, yes itā€™s wind Iknow but god he looks so happy!) and he gained weight and it was the best thing ever.

My HV was an absolute tit. I hate the insta mums who brag about breast feeding. Heā€™s never been poorly, heā€™s not overweight. Heā€™s perfectly fine and a lot healthier and happier had I forced myself to breastfeed.
Love this and completely agree. I bottle fed my eldest and will be doing the same with the new baby when it arrives. Iā€™ve been fortunate not to face too much negativity about my choices- though Iā€™m the hospital with my first I was shoved onto the ward and left to get on with it whereas the mum opposite me who was breastfeeding got a good 3 hours with a midwife who then told me off when I got upset about not k

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I'm glad you got that invaluable support from the midwife. Fed is best who cares if bottle or boob. The stigma it still has is ridiculous. My baby was not loved any less because he was bottle fed. He's a 15 year old now & no after affects!

Reactions: 4
I went to the Norwich work in progress show last night - Tim Davies was a guest. It was great but to be honest, i donā€™t see it translating very well into an arena settingā€¦

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Ah I thought it was Friday today.... that'll explain it thanks! šŸ¤£

I was about to reply and say is it not Saturday today šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚ my brain does not handle annual leave & training at my weekend gym on a weekday well šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜³

• Haha
Rob and Josh provide some of the voices in the 'Epic Tales' film currently in cinemas, might be good (not seen it myself)

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know what the Bluey collaboration theyā€™ve alluded to is?? Theyā€™ve mentioned it once but nothing since šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m thinking comic relief maybe because Iā€™ve seen bluey advertised with comic relief stuff?

Does anyone know what the Bluey collaboration theyā€™ve alluded to is?? Theyā€™ve mentioned it once but nothing since šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m thinking comic relief maybe because Iā€™ve seen bluey advertised with comic relief stuff?
Could be! Or could simply be they'll do voices in an upcoming episode and the term collaboration was abit much

I wonder if having Lou on is because the numbers have dropped after their spotify move and they know people will tune in to listen. I will probably download spotify and listen now though I didn't intend to before (I hate spotify!)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.