Our_homefund #2 Rattled by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She isn't, Stu is 🤣

She said she would be be able to go to the house until next week because she was working day shifts, now she's been to the house 🙄🤣
She's talking shite! I do NOT believe she's still employed 😂😂😂
There's so many signs why I think this, like she used to show and complain on the train, not anymore luv 🤔

Reactions: 5
Surely some of this money would be better spent on at least one of them learning to drive. Maybe I’m just used to having access to a car but renovating a house a train journey away from where you live sounds like a nightmare! Even just doing runs to the tip with all the rubbish a renovation generates would be impossible without a car. Plus all the packaging that all of her purchases will arrive in.

Reactions: 6
She’s saying she wants french doors out onto the decking which would be nice….. but getting rid of the other back door which is in the kitchen. So you’d need to take your rubbish bags through the living room to get out the back door. Doesn’t make sense 😅

Reactions: 6
The house is OK. Looks like the garden is south facing and not overlooked but I don't know if the area is rough or not because I don't live anywhere near there.

Reactions: 1
Where abouts in Scotland do they live, roughly?

Is it Glasgow area or way out in the sticks?

Really intrigued.

I’m so glad she’s got a thread as I’d been thinking this situation is so weird for AGES. I clearly wasn’t alone 😂

I think the house looks ok. Has good potential. But the area must be really bad for the price. Where I live (Glasgow) the house like that would go for at least double even with a lot of work to do

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Where abouts in Scotland do they live, roughly?

Is it Glasgow area or way out in the sticks?

Really intrigued.

I’m so glad she’s got a thread as I’d been thinking this situation is so weird for AGES. I clearly wasn’t alone 😂
Currently Helensburgh but moving to Greenock. So, West Coast.

Reactions: 2
She’s saying she wants french doors out onto the decking which would be nice….. but getting rid of the other back door which is in the kitchen. So you’d need to take your rubbish bags through the living room to get out the back door. Doesn’t make sense 😅
I think they are knocking the kitchen into the living room then putting a wall up in the living room so they have a smaller living room and a kitchen diner so the doors make sense.

Reactions: 2
I think they are knocking the kitchen into the living room then putting a wall up in the living room so they have a smaller living room and a kitchen diner so the doors make sense.
That does make sense now! 😅 She’s probabsly mentioned it but I skip passed her ramblings 🤣 100 stories when you could’ve said it in 2 ha

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Abby, hen. Your house was 80k because its in greenock & it's riddled with damp and woodworm.

Average house prices for ex council houses where I'm based is around £150k+. And they are all areas I don't want to say in. Would rather save more and get a house in an area I want.

But then, my husband and I both have a good wage - so will be able to borrow more than Abby and Stu.

Reactions: 7
Abby, hen. Your house was 80k because its in greenock & it's riddled with damp and woodworm.

Average house prices for ex council houses where I'm based is around £150k+. And they are all areas I don't want to say in. Would rather save more and get a house in an area I want.

But then, my husband and I both have a good wage - so will be able to borrow more than Abby and Stu.
This 👏 where I grew up (north east) her house would be around 100k in an okay(ish) area but mainly rental properties that don't go through letting agents, so luck of the draw who your neighbours are. 5 minutes down the dual carriageway and it would be 40k but surrounded by streets that are all borded up, in an area that regularly floods and has no amenities in the area.

I hope she realises that every area has a price cap and if by some miracle she does add value to the house and sells up, she won't necessarily make a good return on it

Reactions: 7
Our Abby's picked a belter..

Someone hasn't done their research.
Absolutely. It's tried to re-brand as "up and coming" which means "it's tit, but it'll get better" but it never does get any better.

If that house was bought for me, I wouldn't live there. It's rough.

Reactions: 1
Tbh I live in a rough street of my city/ area…bought my house for the same price she got hers. Would I pay triple money to live 5 mins away? No… just because other people look down on the area and the media portray it as a shithole doesn’t mean it’s not a nice warm clean roof over our heads. We actually don’t have any trouble here so it’s reputation doesn’t impact me.

I haven’t followed her for long. She does seem a bit manic but also harmless.

Reactions: 4
Oh christ here we go. She's bought a house so now she's a property guru giving out advice 🥱 give it a rest pal.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.