Our Yorkshire Farm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He reminds me of these women who have been told by their husbands that they are useless and would be nothing without their husbands and when they leave them for another woman blame themselves.

Reactions: 9
'A massive part to play. I was ranting and raving and drinking and carrying on. I don't know - jealousy.'

He added: 'It seemed to eat away at me and I handled it badly and I behaved badly towards her. I should have been supportive...
It sounds like he started drinking and "drove her away" after he found out about the affair.

Reactions: 7
It sounds like he started drinking and "drove her away" after he found out about the affair.
It sounds like he was jealous of her media profile and her poise at handling the attention. She was no longer little farmer wifey, she was somebody different to who he married. That was what drove her away. She outgrew him. I think any affair came after she had already left him in her head. He was complimentary about her in the interview, calling her remarkable, and that’s great for the kids. They still respect each other. It just shows you, you never know what is going on in other’s marriages.

I still don’t like her but I think this interview puts a different slant on things. Her new bloke doesn’t sound like a keeper. He sees women as disposable. If he does it with you, he will do it to you…

Reactions: 12
I didn't see Clive on Lorraine but reading about it my thoughts are that he still loves Amanda very much and because she's been getting a bad press of late he wants to make things better for her by blaming himself for what went wrong in the marriage. I still think she has been fame hungry from a young age and that her ambition and desire for attention were perhaps rather overwhelming for Clive.

Reactions: 7
He says that…
It was such a change in our lives and I sadly made a right mess of things basically. I had a massive part to play in the relationship ending. A massive part to play. I was ranting and raving and drinking and carrying on. I don't know - jealousy.

He is not putting all the blame on himself. She may have been fame hungry, or just making the most of an opportunity that came their way and which benefited them as a family (which I think we would all do), but he seems more set in his ways and might find it alarming that the young woman he married was being feted by the media and changing and evolving in front of their eyes. Her new partner gives me pause for thought. If she was motivated by fame choosing a much married 71 year old would not be the next natural step. Something about her grates on me, but I am beginning to think I have got her wrong. Maybe she is motivated by wanting a relationship with someone more supportive, although there new bf might not be the one.

Reactions: 6
He says that…
It was such a change in our lives and I sadly made a right mess of things basically. I had a massive part to play in the relationship ending. A massive part to play. I was ranting and raving and drinking and carrying on. I don't know - jealousy.

He is not putting all the blame on himself. She may have been fame hungry, or just making the most of an opportunity that came their way and which benefited them as a family (which I think we would all do), but he seems more set in his ways and might find it alarming that the young woman he married was being feted by the media and changing and evolving in front of their eyes. Her new partner gives me pause for thought. If she was motivated by fame choosing a much married 71 year old would not be the next natural step. Something about her grates on me, but I am beginning to think I have got her wrong. Maybe she is motivated by wanting a relationship with someone more supportive, although there new bf might not be the one.
If she wants support I fear she has jumped from the frying pan into the fire, but if she wanted I think Clive would have her back. I really dislike her.

Reactions: 1