One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just on the Harry uk tour I’m a big fan of him and will go to see him but it’s so disappointing the little amount of dates he’s put on. He would be nothing without the uk fans who’ve supported him for 12 years! What happened to Don’t forget where you belong Harry? Also on the refund situation it’s very bad form making people who already bought tickets buy tickets again. I guarantee you there’s people who won’t go now as it’s just too much hassle. Also I know it’s not that big of a deal but most of the uk dates are on weekdays which means people will have to take time off work. He really needs to remember why he has this massive career and where the roots of that came from.
I think it’s a bit unfair, especially for people who had tickets for the cities he’s playing in for the new dates, they should have been able to keep their tickets & have them moved to the new venue & then maybe offer those for other dates a refund or a ticket to one of the new ones. When Louis rearranged his from the roundhouse (that was meant to be March 2020 lol) & moved it to Wembley arena for April everyone with existing tickets could keep them or have them refunded, made more sense than refunding everyone and then making them buy them again.

Reactions: 4
He and his team take the piss time and time again and yet people seem to be blind to it.
What with the extortionate costs for his crappy nail varnishes (did you see those shipping costs, where were they coming from Mars??) and now all of this ticket bollocks. He is just after the cash. Why can't people see it?

So much for Treat People With Kindness. It is just marketing marketing marketing. He sees the opportunity and he grabs it, he is not this compassionate man who wants what is best for the world, he is a man who wants the best for himself. This persona of a loving, giving rainbow child makes me laugh. He is not some Mother Theresa figure. He just wants your cash and your reverence.

Reactions: 12
I’ve just said on the other thread, they’re expensive but no more expensive than you’d expect to pay for other stadium acts.

I do agree about the nail polishes though.

Reactions: 3
When people originally booked they were not booking for a stadium though. I have no desire to see anyone in a stadium.

Are those people having to rebook also having to pay more because the venue size has increased?

Sorry I keep forgetting that people are having to rebook - but sadly yes they are. Although to be fair, certainly with the O2, the pricing is no longer that much different.

Those are the same prices as what the original arena tour was ❤ People are valid to be pissed off about the tour situation tbf but that looks like finding something more to be angry about to me lol since I paid about the same as I did with my new tickets for standing with my old tickets for seats at the arena venue with the old date.

Reactions: 2
Just because the prices are stadium standard or similar to the arena isn’t the point and not why I’m disgusted and disappointed. I’ve paid stadium prices for multiple artists inc 1D.

He knows the rough average age of his fan base and knows It’s only a month since Christmas. Very few people have a spare £70+ for show ticket just lying around at the moment with the cost living going up. Even more so for teenagers whose parents bought their tickets and any students for whom even the cheap tickets are out of range when there’s other expenses to consider. Especially as he could quite easily drop out of these dates if he gets a better offer. I no longer trust him enough to risk dropping large amounts on tickets. His team KNEW about this rearrangement several months ago and COULD and SHOULD have been more considerate towards the fans and existing ticket holders. Forcing fans to repurchase before some refunds have even hit bank accounts is vile behaviour. The very least they could’ve done is either allow existing fans to exchange for new ticket or at least give people more of a chance to find the money rather than a weekend. They could’ve also at least waited till after payday at the end of the month.

If someone who had Sheffield tickets originally because they live there has no car or a friend who can pick them up after wants to go to Manchester they not only have a train/coach fare but a hotel as well.

Stadium shows are really quite naff in comparison to arenas. Most of the crowd isn’t really going to be able to see properly. Not to mention if the weather turns badly a show can be called off for safety reasons.

I had tickets to the original tour but haven't bothered getting one for this new show. I saw 1D in a stadium and it was ok, but nothing amazing. I don't want to pay the same price as I did for the O2 and have a worse view.
I'd be more likely to go to the stadium show if I knew it was going to have a show to match it, if that makes sense. It's just going to be Harry and his band, he doesn't dance or do anything adventurous really, beyond what he wears! I just think he'll be swallowed up in that gigantic stadium, whereas groups can pull it off better (of course, nothing to do with the fact that I'm putting my Harry refund towards BTS tickets instead, now they can put on a stadium show 🙊 )

Reactions: 10
Groups can pull it together really well we’ve seen it with 1D and their tours. They were able to interact and get the crowd going whereas Harry can’t really do that. I do think the stadium tour isn’t that good of an idea as usually it is just groups doing stadium tours as when you’re on your own it can feel quite daunting. I’m surprised at this decision but anything for more money is my guess at why this has happened!!

Groups can pull it together really well we’ve seen it with 1D and their tours. They were able to interact and get the crowd going whereas Harry can’t really do that. I do think the stadium tour isn’t that good of an idea as usually it is just groups doing stadium tours as when you’re on your own it can feel quite daunting. I’m surprised at this decision but anything for more money is my guess at why this has happened!!
I’ve seen quite a few artists in a stadium and I can only think of a few solo artists who have been able to pull it off but even artist like Calvin Harris got swallowed at Wembley.
I think part of it is cause some many artists have rescheduled it’s harder to get arenas like Billies arena tour is running a similar time and instead of rescheduling it for 2023 they just did stadiums and then a bonus is it’s more money too

I think part of it is cause some many artists have rescheduled it’s harder to get arenas like Billies arena tour is running a similar time and instead of rescheduling it for 2023 they just did stadiums and then a bonus is it’s more money too
That’s a really good point. When you think of the number of gigs/tours that got cancelled in the last couple of years there’s bound to be a lot of congestion around venue bookings.

Reactions: 1
The quotes are brutal 💀 all like 'there's a reason why you're the least popular 1d member'

I feel so sad for him as he really doesn’t seem to have any direction at the moment. I said in the strictly thread I think he’d benefit from taking part in the show. Just to rejuvenate him a little and give him some focus. I think strictly would be more beneficial than celeb jungle/castle. He’s just at that tipping point where a show would be good for him.

Reactions: 8
Gosh, Liam is really in a hard place, isn’t he! He needs to turn it around stat otherwise I kinda fear for his career!

Strictly could definitely be a good shout - though, if you leave early, you do run the risk of being forgettable, I think.

Reactions: 5
does anyone know who the man in Harry’s mams Instagram stories is? I hope she’s dating and found happiness again. She seemed blissfully in love and had some wonderful years with Robin before he passed and I wish her the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
does anyone know who the man in Harry’s mams Instagram stories is? I hope she’s dating and found happiness again. She seemed blissfully in love and had some wonderful years with Robin before he passed and I wish her the best.
I think she’s been dating him since June 2021

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.