One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to go to college with her, she was such a ball of fun and was infatuated by Dean & vice versa never apart from each other since day dot. We studied fashion she was amazing at what she did. Now she seemā€™s a shadow of her former self obviously with what sheā€™s been through is totally understandable, however she now has no personality looks drab and literally lives her life for a 2 year old? In all honesty Iā€™m surprised Deanā€™s still there and hasnā€™t up sticked and left maybe the guilt of leaving her from what sheā€™s been through he feelā€™s tied to her? She is not at all the person I once knew, I used to be jealous of how beautiful she once was and so stylish! Such a shame really.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I used to go to college with her, she was such a ball of fun and was infatuated by Dean & vice versa never apart from each other since day dot. We studied fashion she was amazing at what she did. Now she seemā€™s a shadow of her former self obviously with what sheā€™s been through is totally understandable, however she now has no personality looks drab and literally lives her life for a 2 year old? In all honesty Iā€™m surprised Deanā€™s still there and hasnā€™t up sticked and left maybe the guilt of leaving her from what sheā€™s been through he feelā€™s tied to her? She is not at all the person I once knew, I used to be jealous of how beautiful she once was and so stylish! Such a shame really.
I can imagine. I have loved her account for so long, she has got such a lovely way with words and I hate that she now annoys me! It's the breastfeeding pics more than anything, I can cope with everything else but I really don't need to see her rock hard nipples feeding raven for the 257h time. Too much!

Reactions: 4
I know sheā€™s a lost person now who think theyā€™re doing the best for their kid and still craves Raven ā€˜needingā€™ her to breastfeed, because thats all sheā€™s got to talk about. No wonder Dean nowhere to be seen heā€™s got no place in that house apart from a provider. When really sheā€™s drained to duck from being a mum like the rest of us but darent just say she needs a break/help because in her head she thinks sheā€™s failing!

Re the formula bashing, this really wound me up when I had my first. I felt I had to justify my choices all the time. This time round I got ready to start with the justifications, and my lovely midwife just said ā€œI donā€™t care how you feed your baby. Iā€™ll offer you any help or support you want, but formula is probably the most regulated food product in the world. Itā€™s not poison, it isnā€™t this horrible thing people have made it out to be, feed your baby how you want to.ā€ SUCH a breath of fresh air. I canā€™t help but think itā€™s deeply unhealthy to think that of all the things you give your child - security, love, an education, fun, a family, a home, your time, healthy meals, treats, experiences, Christmases, holidays, trips, in jokes, silly nicknames - itā€™s which kind of milk you choose to give them for the first year of so if their life that you choose to believe is the most important defining aspect of you as a mother šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I originally followed Nicola right after she lost Winter and she was stunning. I loved her individual style and how colourful she seemed

Re the formula bashing, this really wound me up when I had my first. I felt I had to justify my choices all the time. This time round I got ready to start with the justifications, and my lovely midwife just said ā€œI donā€™t care how you feed your baby. Iā€™ll offer you any help or support you want, but formula is probably the most regulated food product in the world. Itā€™s not poison, it isnā€™t this horrible thing people have made it out to be, feed your baby how you want to.ā€ SUCH a breath of fresh air. I canā€™t help but think itā€™s deeply unhealthy to think that of all the things you give your child - security, love, an education, fun, a family, a home, your time, healthy meals, treats, experiences, Christmases, holidays, trips, in jokes, silly nicknames - itā€™s which kind of milk you choose to give them for the first year of so if their life that you choose to believe is the most important defining aspect of you as a mother šŸ™„
Couldn't agree more. Most of the anxiety and bad mental health I suffered in the first few months of motherhood was around my perceived failure of being able to breastfeed and having to concede to using formula. I felt like I had to justify it to everyone! I look back almost 4 years on and think, what the hell did I do that for? Mothers should not have to answer to anyone for the way they choose to nourish their child. As long as they're fed and gaining weight what is the issue in a world that has far more problems.

The screenshots of her disagreement with the teacher from the school she works at šŸ™€šŸ™ˆ Uncomfortable reading! Definitely seems like the teacher doesnā€™t like her and has been biting her tongue for a while. Funny how when itā€™s someone Nicola obviously perceives as more senior to her (a teacher when sheā€™s a TA) she backs down and doesnā€™t stand by her opinion so much! Wonder what it was like going to work after that?! And thatā€™s where itā€™s uncomfortable when people share lots of stuff online.

Please donā€™t anyone let watching her put you off gentle/attachment parenting. She really isnā€™t being a gentle parent - itā€™s some sort of permissive yet overbearing mix that sheā€™s convinced herself is gentle parenting.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah, that colleague had obviously been irritated just how many anti-school articles Nicola has been sharing (Iā€™m guessing it was a fair few!), and decided to call her out as a hypocrite. Good for her. She was obviously squirming a bit ā€œOh, but not all schools are as lovely as OUR school you know...ā€ šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
The screenshots of her disagreement with the teacher from the school she works at šŸ™€šŸ™ˆ Uncomfortable reading! Definitely seems like the teacher doesnā€™t like her and has been biting her tongue for a while. Funny how when itā€™s someone Nicola obviously perceives as more senior to her (a teacher when sheā€™s a TA) she backs down and doesnā€™t stand by her opinion so much! Wonder what it was like going to work after that?! And thatā€™s where itā€™s uncomfortable when people share lots of stuff online.

Please donā€™t anyone let watching her put you off gentle/attachment parenting. She really isnā€™t being a gentle parent - itā€™s some sort of permissive yet overbearing mix that sheā€™s convinced herself is gentle parenting.
Exactly it shows gentle parenting in such a bad light. I use a lot of aspects of gentle parenting (I lose my tit too often to label myself that šŸ˜‚) its about being responsive, she doesn't respond to raven because she's already there hovering over her 24/7. My kids cry, I'm there for them straight away. However if my kids are happy playing solo you wanna bet I'm using that time for me šŸ˜‚ I'm no mothering martyr any chance I can get for me time i take it.

Reactions: 7
I feel quite sorry for Dean in her stories today, at the baby garden, he holds his arms out to Raven with a huge smile on his face and she runs away from him, you can hear Pea in the background try to make light of it, by saying ā€œYou teasing himā€ Dean turns around and looks genuinely upset šŸ˜¢ Pea should be doing more to encourage the bond between them, itā€™s quite sad to watch!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I feel quite sorry for Dean in her stories today, at the baby garden, he holds his arms out to Raven with a huge smile on his face and she runs away from him, you can hear Pea in the background try to make light of it, by saying ā€œYou teasing himā€ Dean turns around and looks genuinely upset šŸ˜¢ Pea should be doing more to encourage the bond between them, itā€™s quite sad to watch!
Well she is always bloody there. I think she would be at a loss When/if Raven gets older prefers Dean over her. Especially if they have another child. Thereā€™s no way she can handle a newborn and Raven at the same time. No mum can hence why most parenting books advice you to let the child bond with their dads, so the transition wonā€™t be too hard for them!

Her latest post. Anyone else try to get through it and just find themselves thinking 'oh STFU'. We get it, you love your kid. Well done you.

I thought the same about the story with Dean. He looked fed up to be honest. I have two very clingy mummy-centric kids and my husband often has the same kind of sad kind of fed up look when they wonā€™t go to him. Iā€™d like to think itā€™s not cause Iā€™m over bearing but heā€™d probably disagree.

And thanks previous poster for saying no one can deal with a toddler and a newborn cause I am STRUGGLING šŸ¤£ Iā€™d love to see Pea carry on her gentle parenting because Iā€™ve gone from a sort of half and half part time crunchy to a full on shouty witch since being heavily pregnant and having a second child. I feel sorry for my poor children daily!

The most recent story with the DM just seems a bit... ā€œI am a good mum, really! I donā€™t I JUST get criticism!ā€ It appears to me that she actually does get quite a bit of push back from those who arenā€™t her slightly crazy, avid fans. I say this because she spends so much time defending her parenting decisions and someone comfortable with their choices, to my mind, wouldnā€™t need to. I think itā€™s a bit sad. Have the courage of your convictions. If she really thinks what she is doing is the best for everyone then she should crack on. But I couldnā€™t do it, and Iā€™m not convinced it would be healthy for me, my husband or in reality my children.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The story about Ravenā€™s hair! It just looks she hasnā€™t brushed it šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. Maybe brushing hair is not crunchy enough? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Yeah, that colleague had obviously been irritated just how many anti-school articles Nicola has been sharing (Iā€™m guessing it was a fair few!), and decided to call her out as a hypocrite. Good for her. She was obviously squirming a bit ā€œOh, but not all schools are as lovely as OUR school you know...ā€ šŸ¤£
She clearly feels that way about all schools else she would have used her school as examples of what is done properly. If she thinks her school is lovely, she would send Raven there

Reactions: 1
Are those skid marks in the toilet I can see in the photo of her newly decorate bathroom?... someone tell me theyā€™re not. Please.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.