One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ehhh... I fear we will now get birth smugness now on top of smug parenting. Think we can expect a post about being sooo glad she avoided a c section. Yeah cheers Nicola well done on promoting birth snobbery to 20,000 people šŸ™„

Reactions: 4
Can someone share if she posts on that gentle parenting group šŸ‘€ I am nosey! Wonder how raven is coping tonight will she try and latch on to her nans boobs for milk at night! šŸ¤£šŸ¤® sorry too far!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can someone share if she posts on that gentle parenting group šŸ‘€ I am nosey! Wonder how raven is coping tonight will she try and latch on to her nans boobs for milk at night! šŸ¤£šŸ¤® sorry too far!
Here you go. I think itā€™s deleted now though. There was a lovely photo of the baby but I donā€™t want to share here, I know the group has about 30k people in it so loads have seen the picture but donā€™t feel itā€™s right to share baby pictures online myself xx

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Ehhh... I fear we will now get birth smugness now on top of smug parenting. Think we can expect a post about being sooo glad she avoided a c section. Yeah cheers Nicola well done on promoting birth snobbery to 20,000 people šŸ™„
Well letā€™s be honest, parenting snobbery is her MO, so of course sheā€™s going to be humblebragging about how glad she is to have avoided a c section because it ā€œwasnā€™t right for us as a familyā€ or similar film flam.

• Heart
Sheā€™s in hospital tonight because Ember has to have heart checks. So Raven will be awake tomorrow. She shouldnā€™t be worrying about things like that when sheā€™s only just had her. She should be so excited not worrying. šŸ„“

Reactions: 9
She seems a bit desperate for constant validation from that group.
I canā€™t really get my head round this group. Itā€™s mostly a load of women posting about their nightmare children and looking for validation that their terror is normal. All the replies always seem to be reinforcing the crunchiness and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a post/reply suggesting that a parent is being too ā€œgentleā€

ive just seen so many posts on there like ā€œhi guys my fifteen year old has taken to shitting in the sink and as much as Iā€™ve tried to explain that itā€™s not a toilet, he still does it. Any tips for gently getting him to use the toilet?ā€
Then all the pissing replies are like ā€œhey have you ever thought about WHY heā€™s shitting in the sink? Maybe heā€™s processing some internal thoughtsā€

I just donā€™t ever seem to see any actual help on the threads, itā€™s just always coming up with a reason to validate the kids crappy behaviour. Surely thereā€™s got to be a point where youā€™re like, actually no youā€™re just acting like a little twit.
just feels like a group of enablers.

anyway, have finally left the group after feeling way too much internal anger at it haha. So yeah, please post screenshots on here from now on, so we can see!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I canā€™t really get my head round this group. Itā€™s mostly a load of women posting about their nightmare children and looking for validation that their terror is normal. All the replies always seem to be reinforcing the crunchiness and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a post/reply suggesting that a parent is being too ā€œgentleā€

ive just seen so many posts on there like ā€œhi guys my fifteen year old has taken to shitting in the sink and as much as Iā€™ve tried to explain that itā€™s not a toilet, he still does it. Any tips for gently getting him to use the toilet?ā€
Then all the pissing replies are like ā€œhey have you ever thought about WHY heā€™s shitting in the sink? Maybe heā€™s processing some internal thoughtsā€
Absolutely howling at this šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha

I just donā€™t ever seem to see any actual help on the threads, itā€™s just always coming up with a reason to validate the kids crappy behaviour. Surely thereā€™s got to be a point where youā€™re like, actually no youā€™re just acting like a little twit.

anyway, have finally left the group after feeling way too much internal anger at it haha. So yeah, please post screenshots on here from now on, so we can see!
It's the same as the Co sleeping group I'm in that nicola is in too.
Many of times mums have been on there essentially laying their heart on the line, explaining all their quite serious postpartum mental health issues, needing a break from baby and asking for some genuine advice and all you get is 'keep going mama you've got this, it's normal, baby needs you, western civilisation is to blame blah blah etc.
I'm pretty sure they hate me in that group because I'm all about encouraging women to do what is best not only for baby but for mum too and often give advice on getting baby to sleep separately. I'm surprised I've not been banned actually pretty sure I called a bunch of crunchy mums on there privileged wankers šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The worst birth snobbery Iā€™ve encountered are actually women who chose or needed a C section who were very quick to make sure I knew birthing vaginally doesnā€™t make me special - despite me literally not saying it did, and only sharing my birth story when asked at a mum group. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø anyway.

Super cute baby. So glad she arrived safe and well.

This really made me laugh šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m in a different gentle parenting group (donā€™t shoot me) and itā€™s so much more practical - I tried this, this worked for us, have you read this book, etc. Much less gentle parenting gushing and more practical advice

Canā€™t help but thing her quick labour comment suggests she waited as long as possible to go in just to avoid leaving Raven

Reactions: 8
I cannot stand her smug face. Why do we need to watch her kiss her baby from several angles? Does she not value these moments enough not to share them all? Her maniacal smiling makes me want to headbutt her. It's not happiness at having just had a baby, it's smugness and crunchy parent points. All she's thinking about is Raven... Raven will have to lump it unfortunately. I have a feeling that no matter what is said to Raven, she'll still hoof it at the wall. The way she talks about preparing her makes me think she's talking about bringing a dangerous animal.home. Raven isn't the first child to become an older sibling.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
During the Australian Bush fires i saw a just giving page for a koala named Ember. I loved the name (for a pet) but now she's bleeping ruined it.

Reactions: 1
It irks me that she went for matching initials for Winter and Raven but didn't for the new baby. Also I don't understand why you'd want to give a beautiful baby girl the name Wilde as a middle name but I suppose with their parenting and Raven as an older sister and influence that's exactly what she'll grow up to be!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.