Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whatajoker

The video of her crying. I don’t know whether I want to hug her or shake her. Give yourself a break woman. You’re not superwoman, you’re human. Having a baby is HARD.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
God, I had an elective section and it was bloody brilliant. Didn’t have to experience a single contraction - what’s not to love?
i had an emergency section with my firstborn after a horrific long induced labour & was really ill afterwards. i opted for an elective for my second i was up out of bed showering the next day. Recovery from an elective is quicker than after labour and an emergency one! i dont understand this badge of honour for natural labour no matter what....the safe delivery of a baby should be all you worry about x

• Heart
Reactions: 14

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Wtf is 'restraint collapse'?
Raven can't handle two days at nursery apparently. Translated to raven can't handle not being a brat and getting away with it.
Restraint collapse is pretty much exclusively applied to children with autism and other SEN. It means they try so hard to conform to the school environment, even though they find it difficult (because it’s busy, noisy, overwhelming) they explode with stress when they get home.

P seems to think that R explodes because she’s in a “non-gentle” environment, and hints that the problem is nursery, not R.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Do you think Dean is secretly bald?! It’s weird to wear a hat inside at nighttime or am I the weird one? Nothing wrong with baldness just seems like maybe he hides something with the hat. Maybe he keeps things in it? Like Mac Donald’s takeaways or something
Do you think he's completely bald and the hair you see is actually attached to his hat to give the impression of hair?!

• Haha
  • Wow

maytoseptember

VIP Member
google suggests so!
“Breastsleeping describes the practice of a breastfeeding mom safely sharing a sleep surface with her baby.”
Sleep surface 🤣

Remember, crunchies are so unconventional you can’t actually say generalise and say “bed”, because some might sleep on a mattress/pile of straw on the floor.

• Haha

CelinaRoger

I know their only stains but why would you dress your newborn baby in such filthy clothes, is it just for crunchy ' I didnt buy anything for new baby'points ?! Like surely she has some non stained grows to put ember in? The stained ones should be the last resort when the washing hasn't been done. Grotty.
Also why are the newborn grows stained with baby food anyway, surely raven wasnt eating while she was in those 🤷🏼‍♀️

Beebumble

Did anyone else see her post on that gentle parenting Facebook page ?! Basically saying that Raven screams at Dean to go away whenever he enters the room and just wants to be on her own with Pea. I think pea secretly loves it she said something like ‘I know this is completely normal and of course I don’t encourage this I tell Raven ‘daddy lives here too he can come in the room’’ something like that anyway! I don’t think it’s normal at all?!
But I think she loves being the ‘favourite’. She’s such a weird person! I can’t believe she puts up with this shit from Raven, I fear for the new baby. Poor thing doesn’t stand a chance, doubt it’ll get a bloody look in!

• Sad
  • Wow

Smiffy1990

I really want to feel bad for nicola and this whole situation but I just don't. As I said previously she had 9 whole months to make these transitions super crunchy and gentle and slow and she just didn't even attempt it. Now she's got the choice if a few rough nights setting some boundaries with raven or having a full breakdown when it all could have been fully avoided.

tippingpoint

VIP Member
Wow Q&A was definitely an eye opener! I wish her all the luck in the world with raising 2 but would really like to see how all of this gentle approach pans out when Raven is running about with no pants on 10 minutes late for nursery and baby is screaming for boob.

She’s very, very condescending. Her tone is always like that. I also didn’t like her snarking at “cheap, plastic toy” adverts. She exists in the gentle parenting, crunchy vacuum. No thought for the parents who can’t drop money on wooden Montessori toys or don’t have a toy swap service in their area. Sometimes all a parent can afford toy wise is cheap plastic from Poundland. If it puts a smile on a little face then nothing else matters.

Raven will be at school in September. She really needs to stop all this. She needs her own space it's not healthy for her to be with people and being fussed over all the time. I reckon she'd have loved her own room with Peppa and all the other bits she loves in there - her own space to get away from things and somewhere she can relax at night and sleep. It's so unfair on both Raven and Ember - I don't feel sorry for Nicola because she didn't prepare at all she admitted that much the other day and now her two daughters are suffering. In one of her comments if the gentle parenting group she says they were all crying last night. She's going to end up looking back at these newborn days with such regret I'm sure. She's so stubborn.

• Wow
  • Sad

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Wow, it doesn’t sit right with me that she uses that turn of phrase when there’s no suggestion Raven has any form of ASD?
I don’t like it either. My kids are autistic and real restraint collapse isnt remotely like an angry, mollycoddled child trying not to whack people.

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
She's a dick.

"Does she really need to do this?" You know what Pea? Most parents have a job to get to, or a kid or kids to get to school, or a house to clean, or proper meals to cook, or food to buy, or washing to do, or usually a combination of these things. We don't have time to stop and wonder if our kid "needs" to be doing things. That doesn't make us bad parents, or our kids any less well-adjusted.

I breast fed my kid until he was a year old. We stopped then because I went back to work more than half an hour a week, and it wasn't working any more. My kid eats his meals sat on his own chair, from his own plate. He watches TV, sometimes all day. A lot of his toys are made of plastic, and he's slept in his own room since he was 6 months old. A couple of weeks ago he started school. On his first day he skipped into class, happy as Larry, and has settled straight in. He's confident and Happy in general.

Shoving your sausage nips in your kids mouth till the day they get married, feeding them curried mush, keeping them in your bed till they're 15, spending silly money on coloured bits of wood and letting them run riot, doesn't make you a better parent, or your kid happier or more confident than anyone elses.

It does, however, make you a stuck up, condescending arse hole. And I'd also argue that over sharing about where her sibling was conceived, complete with pictures of said scummy sofa, is setting her up for a miserable time when her future friends find this shit pasted all over Instagram!

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
Ravens probably only interested in the sausage nips again cause she’ll be jealous of the baby. It’s so so so fucking weird to film it Nicola. We know you read here, stop putting up videos of your kid sucking on your tits. If not for her own privacy, then at least cause of all the fucking creeps on the internet these days

Smiffy1990

It is a huge adjustment for raven, but that's why it should of been Nicolas duty to prepare her for this. As soon as she knew she was pregnant she should of started a slow gentle transition with raven to her own room or a room with dad. She had 9 months so could of spent the time making that transition as crunchy as she liked, but noooo she needed the family sleep space, no one else did. It's actually incredibly unfair on new baby and raven. Honestly feel like she has failed them over the sleeping arrangements. Also interesting to know if Dean had baby in the bed with him or the next to me as part of the safe sleep 7 with a newborn is a breastfeeding parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
I am absolutely sick to death of seeing Raven hanging off her tit. YES PEA WE GET IT, YOU BREASTFEED YOUR 3.5 YEAR OLD.
The smiling really unnerves me. This woman has serious problems.

Also, I though raven had all but weaned at one point or was down to just a feed before sleep ( rather, using Nicola as a dummy) and now she's feeding throughout the day?

• Heart

Cat_scratches

Those fucking bedside tables pushed together are giving me palpitations.
It's not clever, it's not crunchy or alternative, it's down right stupid and dangerous.

And as for the bloody family sleep space, piss off. What she means is her, r and the baby and Dean and his hat in the spare room. Poor raven. She barely gets enough sleep for a child her age as is

Smiffy1990

Wow that whole Facebook post is so strange. As I said previously I advocate for going for short walks and moments of fresh air and such but to be carrying a 3.5 Yr old up to bed 5 days PP is quite honestly shocking.
I can't honestly believe E was crying while she nursed R back to sleep. She needs to make some quick changes, which will be rough but needs to be done whilst Dean is at home to support her before she has an actual breakdown when she is alone.
I'm in shock over that post.

Smiffy1990

Yep pea is definitely a permissive parent. There are no boundaries for raven it would seem.
Not that I personally think parenting should be labelled. I strive for confident gentle parent, sometimes I'm a neurotic parent, sometimes I'm a please leave me the fuck alone for 5 minutes type of parent 😂
I can't help that think because pea has boxed herself into a 'type of parenting' it adds wayyyy more pressure. I imagine she'd have a meltdown if she just lost her shit one day and shouted at raven because it doesn't fit with her 'ideal' in her head.

Attachments

• Haha