One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That q&a was an eye opener 😬

Especially the ‘don’t sit on a bedsharers sofa’ 🤢🤢 please tell me she at least febreezes it.

I also didn’t realise they had to pay for ravens ‘part time’ schooling. I really don’t know how that as well as running a house is doable on a retail managers wage?

Reactions: 4
The Q&A.... Wow there is so much to unfold with that 😂
I really like how in one story she says her milk has basically dried up, then in another she says raven will still sometimes choose boob over solids..... So does that mean she just doesn't get fed a nutritious meal when raven makes that decision?

Reactions: 3
Muck to unpack! Particularly that but about when raven says no to doing something, she questions whether it really needs to be done.

WHO has the time for this?! If you’re getting ready to go to school and your child’s hair is unbrushed you don’t have a 40 minute conversation about whether she really needs to do it!! You tell her it’s being done because that’s how it is!!! God I’m sorry but is that the philosophy she subscribed to - you can’t risk upsetting your little darling for a mere 30 seconds at the expense of brushing their hair?!? Horse tit.

Truly could only be the attitude of a person who works 3 hours a week!!

Reactions: 7
My some of her replies on that Q&A come across as so condescending! 🙄
It's so incredibly condescending. It's almost like, if you are not parenting exactly the way she is then you are just not being considerate of your child's needs.
The privilege is real with pea.

Wow Q&A was definitely an eye opener! I wish her all the luck in the world with raising 2 but would really like to see how all of this gentle approach pans out when Raven is running about with no pants on 10 minutes late for nursery and baby is screaming for boob.

She’s very, very condescending. Her tone is always like that. I also didn’t like her snarking at “cheap, plastic toy” adverts. She exists in the gentle parenting, crunchy vacuum. No thought for the parents who can’t drop money on wooden Montessori toys or don’t have a toy swap service in their area. Sometimes all a parent can afford toy wise is cheap plastic from Poundland. If it puts a smile on a little face then nothing else matters.

Reactions: 14
She's a dick.

"Does she really need to do this?" You know what Pea? Most parents have a job to get to, or a kid or kids to get to school, or a house to clean, or proper meals to cook, or food to buy, or washing to do, or usually a combination of these things. We don't have time to stop and wonder if our kid "needs" to be doing things. That doesn't make us bad parents, or our kids any less well-adjusted.

I breast fed my kid until he was a year old. We stopped then because I went back to work more than half an hour a week, and it wasn't working any more. My kid eats his meals sat on his own chair, from his own plate. He watches TV, sometimes all day. A lot of his toys are made of plastic, and he's slept in his own room since he was 6 months old. A couple of weeks ago he started school. On his first day he skipped into class, happy as Larry, and has settled straight in. He's confident and Happy in general.

Shoving your sausage nips in your kids mouth till the day they get married, feeding them curried mush, keeping them in your bed till they're 15, spending silly money on coloured bits of wood and letting them run riot, doesn't make you a better parent, or your kid happier or more confident than anyone elses.

It does, however, make you a stuck up, condescending arse hole. And I'd also argue that over sharing about where her sibling was conceived, complete with pictures of said scummy sofa, is setting her up for a miserable time when her future friends find this tit pasted all over Instagram!

Reactions: 14
She's a dick.

"Does she really need to do this?" You know what Pea? Most parents have a job to get to, or a kid or kids to get to school, or a house to clean, or proper meals to cook, or food to buy, or washing to do, or usually a combination of these things. We don't have time to stop and wonder if our kid "needs" to be doing things. That doesn't make us bad parents, or our kids any less well-adjusted.

I breast fed my kid until he was a year old. We stopped then because I went back to work more than half an hour a week, and it wasn't working any more. My kid eats his meals sat on his own chair, from his own plate. He watches TV, sometimes all day. A lot of his toys are made of plastic, and he's slept in his own room since he was 6 months old. A couple of weeks ago he started school. On his first day he skipped into class, happy as Larry, and has settled straight in. He's confident and Happy in general.

Shoving your sausage nips in your kids mouth till the day they get married, feeding them curried mush, keeping them in your bed till they're 15, spending silly money on coloured bits of wood and letting them run riot, doesn't make you a better parent, or your kid happier or more confident than anyone elses.

It does, however, make you a stuck up, condescending arse hole. And I'd also argue that over sharing about where her sibling was conceived, complete with pictures of said scummy sofa, is setting her up for a miserable time when her future friends find this tit pasted all over Instagram!
You have literally summed this up so well, we might as well close the thread now 🙌🏻 (Just kidding, gotta keep tattling 😬🙋‍♀️)

• Haha
You have literally summed this up so well, we might as well close the thread now 🙌🏻 (Just kidding, gotta keep tattling 😬🙋‍♀️)
😂😂😂 thanks. Don't worry though, I'm sure she'll give us plenty more to Tattle about over the coming months once little baby Parakeet Rainbow arrives.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My some of her replies on that Q&A come across as so condescending! 🙄
The is she a good eater one? She didnt start eating food properly till she Was 2?! I mean how is that normal sucking a tit rather than actually eat food? Mind u, slop or boob? Tough choice that one.
A lot of the questions answered are very matter of fact, and painted like her life’s all rosy? Wait until Ray is a bratty teen answering back and has no respect for Pea or Dean because she’s never been told no or had any boundaries.
I know everybody’s kids are ‘your world’ but doesn’t mean they have rule your world.

Reactions: 1
The food thing...ok good, I absolutely agree in children having autonomy to say when they’re full etc but what about your motherly instinct and wisdom? Sometimes you know they absolutely must eat or eat something more nutritious or not eat close to bed like all humans. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: 2
Sorry if I’m being thick but why is it bad to give your child’s private parts a slightly childlike name?

I don’t understand crunchy parenting whatsoever so just wondered why they feel the biological words are better?

Sorry if I’m being thick but why is it bad to give your child’s private parts a slightly childlike name?

I don’t understand crunchy parenting whatsoever so just wondered why they feel the biological words are better?
It's advised by the nspcc so that of anything should happen then children are aware and confident and know the correct terms. There can be no ambiguity. Awful but very necessary.

And she is wrong. It's vulva. Vagina is inside not outside. She can't take the high ground on this

By no means a crunchie parent, but we use the anatomical names in our house too. It's like any other body part, not sure why people get embarrassed by it. Also she needs to learn the difference between vulva and vagina.

By no means a crunchie parent, but we use the anatomical names in our house too. It's like any other body part, not sure why people get embarrassed by it. Also she needs to learn the difference between vulva and vagina.
No not at all, I was just curious 😊

Oh the IRONY of the ear piercing question!? Question worded if Raven wanted to get her ears pierced would you let her, and she says no, not for a long time. I thought Raven led the way and was free to explore her own body and preferences, clearly that only applies to Pea approved topics 😂🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.