One Day - Netflix Series

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeezzz it's been so long since I read it that I forgot, but I remembered her in the show and thinking ah tit don't make them add in Dex having an affair on Emma!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
has anyone ever wondered what happens in Dexs life once we leave him? I’d like to imagine he reopened the cafe, met someone new and continued to be a good father to Jasmine.
Like wifo posted, in the book he's got a gf by the time we leave him.

I was really glad they cut that out from the show cause honestly Dex was basically a serial monogamist and I think he was dating the girl in the book like the second year after Emma's death. I know IRL it's perfectly reasonable but for the story it felt like their love story was cheapened somehow.

Also, the show made Maddy extremely young, she looks very early twenties when Dex is supposed to be mid to late thirties so thanks for not putting us through that, Netflix.

For show Dex, I honestly hope he got therapy for his grief and abandonment issues relating to key women in his life, that he went back to managing his cafe, maybe opened another, focused on himself and Jasmine for a bit and then someday found someone new to share his life with.

Reactions: 7
I was an Emma, met my Dex at 15. We didn't work out but stayed in touch. Both had other partners, him more long term but we got together when I was 28. Been together ever since, I'm now 44. Thank goodness I can't ride a bike!

I loved the show. For me, there was lots of chemistry between them, could totally understand why they were drawn to each other and why Emma was so prickly with Dex. I've not read the book or seen the film so both characters and the story were new to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ahhh the last episode was so beautiful. 🥲 really enjoyed it the whole series.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How many times is too many times to watch One Day since it released three weeks ago?

This is the only answer I will accept🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm frustrated as I only see it when I'm babysitting my grandchildren (they have Netflix). And despite my encouragement my daughter and SIL have been staying in - it's so bloody selfish 😂
I'm only up to about episode 5.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm frustrated as I only see it when I'm babysitting my grandchildren (they have Netflix). And despite my encouragement my daughter and SIL have been staying in - it's so bloody selfish 😂
I'm thisclose to sending a pigeon with my Netflix account details, Jelly Bean! 😜

Just show up and be like "you look like you need a weekend off, dears. Away you go" 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

I’m in a similar boat…. Have Netflix; but have a daughter who controls the TV, and my sleep. So can only watch it in the mornings when getting ready for work…. If she’s not up… (which isn’t often). So my watching of the series v.stilted!

I’ve just finished the Paris episode… the absolute pervert in me enjoyed the sex scenes at the end… beautifully done, and hooooot 🔥

Lovely reading through how everyone relates to the story in some way. I first read the book years ago, I re-read it again a couple of years ago and that’s when I felt like I could draw similarities between it and my life at the time.

I had a sort of ‘Dex and Em’ like relationship with a colleague. First and foremost, we just hit it off instantly. Like we’d known each other for years. But it was only ever friends, yes like Dexter and Emma it was blurry a lot of the time, but never fully crossing the line. Never really knowing how the other one felt.
Similarly we fell out, and I haven’t seen (apart from him walking past me, but not seeing me the other month) or spoken in years.

What I take from the book, film and the series is; if you’re lucky, you’ll find someone in life that for whatever reason you connect with like no other. But they’re not always the person you end up spending your life with.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How many times is too many times to watch One Day since it released three weeks ago?

This is the only answer I will accept🤣
I’m glad it’s not just me! Too many times I have rewatched my fave episodes (episodes 1, 10 and 12’) I’ve stopped crying now 🤣 but finding comfort in BTS material that crops up on the socials. I’ve watched numerous interviews between Ambika Mod and Leo Woodall and their chemistry is 👌🏾 they seem great mates! They, the cast and crew seem to have had a blast making this series and I think that comes across in the show.
---
I’ve just finished the Paris episode… the absolute pervert in me enjoyed the sex scenes at the end… beautifully done, and hooooot 🔥
My favourite episode😍

Reactions: 2
My mum made me watch the last episode again with her and I’ve never seen her cry at media like that before😭😭I do appreciate it even more now though. The scene with Ian is just one of the gorgeous moments in that episode but it might be my favourite interaction in the whole series.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s worth the £4.99 to subscribe for a month to watch it I reckon

I’ve finished the show, really enjoyed it. Highly emotional at times. I’ve seen the film so the accident wasn’t a shock to me. Just started reading the book.
Netflix Dex is HOT 🥵

Finished it and overall liked it - the last two episodes especially were just perfect (apart from the obvious, which still broke me even though I knew it was coming 😭)

I found the pace of the earlier episodes just excruciatingly slow at times - maybe they should have condensed the years in fewer eps like they did the last two

I thought Ambika Mod was great as Emma, but not sure about Leo Woodall. He was ok, but I don't think he was charismatic enough to be Dexter

Here to say I’m on episode 12 and I hate Sylvie!!!!! It broke my heart hearing Dex tell Emma about his daughter!!

Finished it and overall liked it - the last two episodes especially were just perfect (apart from the obvious, which still broke me even though I knew it was coming 😭)

I found the pace of the earlier episodes just excruciatingly slow at times - maybe they should have condensed the years in fewer eps like they did the last two

I thought Ambika Mod was great as Emma, but not sure about Leo Woodall. He was ok, but I don't think he was charismatic enough to be Dexter
Yes I found the pace of the early episodes too slow. And it's a good point they needn't have had it One Day per episode when frankly there wasn't enough material imo.
I get they wanted to scene set and build up character etc. But for me it was just too slow tbh and lost momentum.

Reactions: 3
Yes I found the pace of the early episodes too slow. And it's a good point they needn't have had it One Day per episode when frankly there wasn't enough material imo.
I get they wanted to scene set and build up character etc. But for me it was just too slow tbh and lost momentum.
I think the worst one was where they went for dinner and then fell out because he kept taking coke. That seemed a bit drawn out. But on the whole I wanted to know more. How did Emma’s affair with the teacher end? How did Dex find out about Sylvie’s affair? I need more than one day!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's been years since I read the book, but it was a very close and literal adaptation of a lot of it, sometimes a bit too literal, and stuff that worked as a chapter in the book just didn't as a whole episode.

Like the ep in the restaurant - it was like, ok we get it, Dexter is going to the toilet to shove a load of coke up his nose, you don't need to show him coming out of the loo a hundred times just to fill the half hour!
---
I think the worst one was where they went for dinner and then fell out because he kept taking coke. That seemed a bit drawn out. But on the whole I wanted to know more. How did Emma’s affair with the teacher end? How did Dex find out about Sylvie’s affair? I need more than one day!!!!
Ha, I just posted a similar thought about the dinner at the same time

Another bit that annoyed me was in the Paris ep where it would have made more sense to have Emma's POV than Dexter's. Like, what exactly triggered her to change her mind and dump her french bf in the space of half an hour?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just finished this and also felt bored by episode 4 so stopped for a few days then kept seeing on social media about the heartbreaking ending so continued with it to find out what happens and it did get less boring , the ending was sad but not moving for me , I've cried at other TV shows but not that. I thought it was going to end in Dex's suicide but I'm guessing that's what they wanted us to think
I didn't like Sylvie as soon as I saw her as the only thing I've seen her in before is the couple next door and her character was awful in that 😆
---
Also to add how did Emma put up with thar cringey annoying Ian , did she actually want to be with him at any point 😆

Reactions: 3