Olivia Wollenberg - Livia's Kitchen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Livia, I think she comes across as genuine and I do like her products like the nugglets and millionaire bites. Really relieved she and her family are doing alright, and hope business things look up soon... I don't want to see the products leave the shelves!

Reactions: 1
I love the products and much prefer them to the Deliciously Ella ones. I don’t know too much about the company who now own Livia’s but hopefully this means they should still be available. Deliciously Ella obviously has the backing of the family wealth and seems it was easy for them to tread on Livias toes and ultimately gain the majority of the market. I’m sure there’s a lot more to it than that, but it must be such a kick in the teeth for Olivia considering they were good friends and that she ended up having to give up what she’s worked hard to build up (please correct me if I’m wrong, I haven’t read enough about it to know all the details).

I used to really like Olivia, always suggested her products to friends and family, purchased everytime I saw them, I bought her recipe book and I also bought significant shares in the company when they crowdfunded.

I’m ANGRY.

She KNEW the ship was sinking and she ENCOURAGED very young, vulnerable and inexperienced barely-adults to part with their funds to prop her up. She refused to give any updates to those shareholders for over a year, hiding what was happening whilst each month shares were continuing to be purchased on the secondary market… The thousands who purchased have lost all of their money, all of it. And it turns out, after declaring the company insolvent, any and all funds raised from the sale of the assets and the name… go to her father, as not only was he listed as a named shareholder and is given priority for repayment, but he was the solicitor to set the deal up. Isn’t that just such a nice thing to do?

If you guys need a rave thread I can set you up with one, but there’s a lot of angry investors out there, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see more comments in the future. The timing of her demise sucked for her given she’d just had a baby, but I see it as karma ensuring she didn’t just skip away from screwing over every person who cared about her or her company, and I have no sympathy for any struggles she had given the struggles she caused for others and is now pretending they don’t exist.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I used to really like Olivia, always suggested her products to friends and family, purchased everytime I saw them, I bought her recipe book and I also bought significant shares in the company when they crowdfunded.

I’m ANGRY.
That’s awful and so sorry that you lost the money you invested. Sounds very deceitful and an extremely poor way of managing what happened. Hopefully your post will raise awareness for followers not to believe how much of a victim she says she is.

Reactions: 2

I’m ANGRY.

She KNEW the ship was sinking and she ENCOURAGED very young, vulnerable and inexperienced barely-adults to part with their funds to prop her up. She refused to give any updates to those shareholders for over a year, hiding what was happening whilst each month shares were continuing to be purchased on the secondary market… The thousands who purchased have lost all of their money, all of it. And it turns out, after declaring the company insolvent, any and all funds raised from the sale of the assets and the name… go to her father, as not only was he listed as a named shareholder and is given priority for repayment, but he was the solicitor to set the deal up. Isn’t that just such a nice thing to do?

If you guys need a rave thread I can set you up with one, but there’s a lot of angry investors out there, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see more comments in the future. The timing of her demise sucked for her given she’d just had a baby, but I see it as karma ensuring she didn’t just skip away from screwing over every person who cared about her or her company, and I have no sympathy for any struggles she had given the struggles she caused for others and is now pretending they don’t exist.
I'm so sorry this happened to you (and many others) - I was completely out of the loop on all this and didn't realise this was happening! Definitely changes my perspective...

I’m ANGRY.

Wahoo I did not know this about her. I am quite disappointed really. I nearly invested in her dying business. I am really sorry you and many others investors lost everything when she knew clearly that her business was going under, really unprofessional of her... Especially as at the same time she was bragging about the fact that she was buying a massive house in London and paying for a massive renovation project on it too...She should really be accountable for the money people lost because of her lies. I hope you can recover the amount you have invested or at least some of it through a court case maybe?!

Wahoo I did not know this about her. I am quite disappointed really. I nearly invested in her dying business. I am really sorry you and many others investors lost everything when she knew clearly that her business was going under, really unprofessional of her... Especially as at the same time she was bragging about the fact that she was buying a massive house in London and paying for a massive renovation project on it too...She should really be accountable for the money people lost because of her lies. I hope you can recover the amount you have invested or at least some of it through a court case maybe?!
I think the bragging about a new home AND full renovation was the tipping point for many investors losing all sympathies for her “plight”. She had sold a seven figure apartment and purchased a home with a garden in London, a garden large enough that within weeks of completion had extensions and full scale renovations underway…. there was clearly no struggle for her personally, and to think back to her also renovating the office kitchen twice in three years, and realising money was frittered away so carelessly, well quite honestly it makes me furious!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I think the bragging about a new home AND full renovation was the tipping point for many investors losing all sympathies for her “plight”. She had sold a seven figure apartment and purchased a home with a garden in London, a garden large enough that within weeks of completion had extensions and full scale renovations underway…. there was clearly no struggle for her personally, and to think back to her also renovating the office kitchen twice in three years, and realising money was frittered away so carelessly, well quite honestly it makes me furious!
Is there is nothing you can do at all to try to get your money back? Can't believe she asked normal people to invest they hard earned cash in her sinking company when she knew too well it was sinking...

Also does anyone know why her and Deliciously Ella are no longer BFF?

Is there is nothing you can do at all to try to get your money back? Can't believe she asked normal people to invest they hard earned cash in her sinking company when she knew too well it was sinking...

Sadly not, the company was declared insolvent and sold for pennies on the pound. After debts owed to creditors any remaining funds from the sale when straight to her father, all investors received nothing

• Wow
Sadly not, the company was declared insolvent and sold for pennies on the pound. After debts owed to creditors any remaining funds from the sale when straight to her father, all investors received nothing
Didn’t she sat publicly that she didn’t get a penny from the sale? But are you saying her dad did?

Didn’t she sat publicly that she didn’t get a penny from the sale? But are you saying her dad did?
No, I’m saying any funds left after settling creditor debts go to him, I’ve got no clue how much or when or even if that has happened, but looking through the public records he’s next in line, the public investors are last on the list

I can’t believe I felt sorry for her. Her and DE are obviously similar in the way they like to portray themselves and not owning who they really are, or their circumstances to get people to believe in them. Granted DE hasn’t done that to people investing in her business.

Livia did somewhat address it on an Instagram story Q&A, screenshot attached

Attachments

• Wow
I can’t believe I felt sorry for her. Her and DE are obviously similar in the way they like to portray themselves and not owning who they really are, or their circumstances to get people to believe in them. Granted DE hasn’t done that to people investing in her business.

If I remember correctly this was a short while after DE released a crumble range with similar flavours to Livias. Crazy they fell out seeing as Livia made her wedding cake!

Completely agree with this! Both Ella and Olivia like to portray themselves on Instagram as the girl next door when they are clearly not!!! So delusional of them to pretend otherwise 😂😂

Thanks for posting about the administration, it still gets to me and I feel like a lot of people are unaware of how just months before it happened she asked people to invest. I lost money too, thankfully not as much as others who lost life changing amounts but it’s left a bad taste in my mouth especially how she handled the situation which I found quite rude for the investors. I had wondered what the status is but I haven’t checked seedrs in a while

Last edited:
I’m very confused, is it normal to have a Christmas meal with all of the family if you’re Jewish?

As a Jewish person, yes it can be depending on how religious you are. I know people of other religions who do this too, it’s nice to celebrate along with others in the UK rather than ignoring it. More religious people probably wouldn’t do it but it’s definitely not abnormal.

There’s usually no focus on the religious side of Christmas, just the family being together.

• Heart
Oh to be so wealthy you have a wedding with actual Craig David as the entertainment! She lives in a different world

IMG_5011.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
She’s currently on holiday with her mum tagging along as an unpaid au pair/3rd wheel and the choice of all white outfits tells me everything I need to know about how much she actually plays with her toddler, my clothes would be ruined within minutes if I dared ever wear white!

IMG_6024.jpeg

Reactions: 3
IMG_4918.jpeg
She’s pregnant again! I had a feeling she might be as she only wore baggy and oversized clothes on her holiday with her mum.