Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ID be for days days if I put up all the weird neighbours I have had.
One used to never leave his bungalow like ever unless it was a work straight straight home never even said hello etc but he did used to sit ever morning with his curtains wide open no nets up in women so underwear eating his breakfast at 6am.NOthing wrong with it if that’s what what he chooses to dress like but his house has no garden is right on Pathan day have a school end of road.if they were going into school early they’de see

My current neighbour they have a tidy garden at the far end all trimmed nice grass yet by the house is a tip and a struggle to walk through to get to the nice bit.i also found him in my garden once he had climbed my fence as I couldn’t could see on my cameras when I asked why he saI he didn’t want to disturb me and wanted get his gardn but his door wouldn’t open from inside :/

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I love this thread..

I live in an old house converted into flats (I’m in the middle with another to the side, two above, two below). The guys next to us are nice, keep themselves to themselves, but store random crap in the communal hallway even though they’ve been told time and time again they can’t leave anything out there. One of the downstairs couples are just weird - they never answer their door, I’ve taken parcels in for them and they haven’t collected them ever, I always just end up leaving them on their doorstep. If you park up at the same time as the wife she literally will run in so fast, or just sit in her car until you’ve gone in, it’s so weird.
Upstairs we used to have a couple who would stomp around at every hour of the day, screaming at each other, threatens of violence in the early hours. The police used to be a regular fixture on an early Sunday morning.
Oh, and a few months ago, other downstairs neighbour was being pleasured by her date in the communal hallway at 3am. Everyone heard it.
I’ve never had this issue as I live at the end of the hallway but friends who have had this happen hVe just moved all the stuff into their flat and waited till they were confronted which seemed to stop it happening again

I feel a lot batter about my neighbours now I’ve read this thread!

The people either side of us are lovely. We are probably the nightmare neighbours to them as we’ve had to do a lot do renovation work on the house which was messy and really noisy, it probably drove them mad!
The rest of the street just seems to be full of people who don’t understand its a densely populated area so we all live very close to each other. Lots of people who shout in the street or in their gardens. Lots of people who beep their horns at all hours. Or wash their cars with stereos absolutely blaring (I love a radio on when I’m washing the car, but not full volume!) The tenants a couple of doors down only talk at one volume, which is Very Loud, but they’re moving. People love a fly tip around here, too. Someone has form for leaving mattresses outside, on the street, propped up against their wall. They have space within their boundary which would be a lot more considerate. Our gardens back onto a neighbouring street’s gardens, but at an angle (we’re at the end where the gardens are a bit smaller), and there is a kid in that street who stands in her garden singing the same song full volume like she’s on x-factor. I don’t know how the parents cope with it to be honest! (Maybe that’s how they cope, they send her out into the garden).

I long to live somewhere where there is just a tiny bit more space between us all, that would be lovely.

Reactions: 4
My neighbour is a retired dj. He blasts music daily. Tried asking him to lower the Volume but he refuses. Refuses mediation even if we pay. Ruined my mental health.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My neighbour is crazy old man, he’s nice enough but his garden and house are all booby trapped so no one can break in and get him. Whenever you talk to him he’s done everything and always has a story where he’s done things better than anyone else.
mans he’s got a bad knee and whenever I see him he tells me it’s the worst pain, worst than child birth. If I’m in a bad mood I just want to ask him how his bad knee is worse than a 10lb baby ripping a tear in your vag and being stitched together improperly then having to have surgery to be stitched right!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyway- this ivy?! How can I get rid of it?! X
Depends how long it has been planted. Neighbours moved in and decided they would trail Ivy up our fence and bought plants and put them on their side of the fence and trailed it up the posts. They watered it for a a couple of weeks then OH bought some week killer and when he saw them going out he sprayed it and did so about 3 times. No Ivy on our fence now.

A friend of mine was talking to a lad on Snapchat and would get extremely giddy over him. Often messaging him with a great big smile and posing for him. They were exchanging sexual messages for quite some time and had arranged to meet up later that week. He claimed that he lived in some posh apartments in town, was living really comfortably and would be picking her up in his car, taking her for some drinks then some "fun" in a hotel.

She showed me a picture of him.

It only turned out to be the bloke living next door to me, going by a different name 🤦‍♀️ he's 30 and in a very longterm relationship with a woman he has 3 children with, the eldest probably about 12-13. They appear to be just your usual, average, happy family that have a cheap holiday once a year and enjoy the simpler things. He is a chippie, she is a stay at home mum, occasionally does nails on the side. They arent well off by any means but he often drives a flashy car that does not appear to belong to him.

I did tell my friend. I also appeared in one of the snaps she sent and said Hi to prove it! He shat his pants and begged me not to say anything, he landed in my inbox with some very beggy banter and still does sometimes in an attempt to bend my arm into not saying anything (I wont anyway), it's very cringeworthy.

I still, a year later, haven't and wouldn't spill this cup of tea and let me tell you it is quite hot. I feel so sad for the woman next door, especially when he pulls away in that borrowed car, I know exactly what he is all about. He always gives me a look when he sees me too, I've literally left him in the queue in the local shop to find him jumping out of an alley way on my way home, meaning he would have had to run, to speak to me but it's always very nervous, beggy, I want to be friends so you will continue to keep your mouth shut drivel. I'm glad my friend didnt go to meet him, I sadly dont think she was the only one he was talking to either. He just seems the type.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
A friend of mine was talking to a lad on Snapchat and would get extremely giddy over him. Often messaging him with a great big smile and posing for him. They were exchanging sexual messages for quite some time and had arranged to meet up later that week. He claimed that he lived in some posh apartments in town, was living really comfortably and would be picking her up in his car, taking her for some drinks then some "fun" in a hotel.

She showed me a picture of him.

It only turned out to be the bloke living next door to me, going by a different name 🤦‍♀️ he's 30 and in a very longterm relationship with a woman he has 3 children with, the eldest probably about 12-13. They appear to be just your usual, average, happy family that have a cheap holiday once a year and enjoy the simpler things. He is a chippie, she is a stay at home mum, occasionally does nails on the side. They arent well off by any means but he often drives a flashy car that does not appear to belong to him.

I did tell my friend. I also appeared in one of the snaps she sent and said Hi to prove it! He shat his pants and begged me not to say anything, he landed in my inbox with some very beggy banter and still does sometimes in an attempt to bend my arm into not saying anything (I wont anyway), it's very cringeworthy.

I still, a year later, haven't and wouldn't spill this cup of tea and let me tell you it is quite hot. I feel so sad for the woman next door, especially when he pulls away in that borrowed car, I know exactly what he is all about. He always gives me a look when he sees me too, I've literally left him in the queue in the local shop to find him jumping out of an alley way on my way home, meaning he would have had to run, to speak to me but it's always very nervous, beggy, I want to be friends so you will continue to keep your mouth shut drivel. I'm glad my friend didnt go to meet him, I sadly dont think she was the only one he was talking to either. He just seems the type.
I have told the wife but I'd have had a laugh with him first saying I wanted 10 grand cash etc to be quiet. etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've been tempted, I cant lie.

I have also wanted to tell her what a slimey fella she has but I've left it that long, I feel like I'm part now part of the scum circle 🤣

I do actually get anxiety over the whole thing. Very rarely, I do hear them arguing through the walls, my ears do prick up wondering if she has discovered an affair but it never gets too heated, they appear to be a mundane (and very boring!) couple who's arguments would probably get no more juicy than socks being left on the floor. The gardens are quite small here, they are reasonably newish builds and they feel like they are on top of one another, people try their bests to keep things to themselves here but unfortunately you can hear everything, they often have BBQs and will sit out all day while their kids play in the pool, their conversations are so loud, yet so boring! They tell eachother very humdrum gossip, which dont include a point or punchline. He seems very "me me me" and bigs himself up alot. She seems somewhat reserved, almost a bit downtrodden.

Hopefully the day comes where she finds it out for herself. I have also been sizing her up on the sly, just incase she ever finds out I knew and comes to rip my head of. I sit there and overthink it all. Infact my mind has actually invested alot of time thinking about all the what ifs when it isnt even my bleeping circus so I could be doing more productive things, so I definately need some form of compensation. Im no bastard so I have beat myself up with guilt over the poor woman.

My parents' neighbours are weirdos. Husband, wife and two daughters. Used to be quite friendly with them when I was younger, played in their garden. Then suddenly they stop talking to us, he plants some conifers along our shared fence and lets them grow to about 16 feet and that's that. They're definitely an illegal height and he's been warned in the past and made to cut them back, but they're still too tall. The husband sometimes says hi but the wife to this day still ignores all of us. She's not worked since she had her kids and yet he had four cars at one point all crammed on the front drive/gravel. He speeds down the road in his car and so does his now grown up daughter. (Apple, tree 🙄)

Anyway, my neighbours now are a husband, wife, son who looks too old to be living at home, daughter who is mostly away at uni and a little yappy dog. Neither of us have bothered to get to know each other, which suits us fine.
HOWEVER, during the nice lockdown weather, they'v been so obnoxious in their garden. The husband is always belching loudly, yelling orders at "Alexa" or generally playing shite music really loudly. I'm sure he's purposefully put it on to drown out my music before. Back in May, so the height of lockdown, my partner heard the husband on speakerphone to his barber in his garden saying "Can I book my usual trim in? Just come round the back yeah?" I was FUMING as these twats were standing bleeping clapping every Thursday night! 😡😡

Our neighbour on the other side is lovely, has lived there a long time and sort of knows them. She said the husband is a builder/fitter and when the area was hit really badly in the 2007 floods he actually fitted new kitchens in a lot of houses on the street including hers. She noticed one day that her counter seemed to be wonky, so she asked him to come take a look and he went berserk and screamed at her that how dare she question his skills etc! Apparently they often had heated arguments out on the street with the people who lived in the house before us (They were bonkers in their own right but that's a story for another day)

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Seems most of us have arses as neighbours.....oh to live in Canada and step out your front door and not see another house !!!

Reactions: 11
Seems most of us have arses as neighbours.....oh to live in Canada and step out your front door and not see another house !!!
Absolutely!!! I peep out of the window before I leave my house for work each morning so I don’t have to engage in social intercourse with mine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Woman next door does her washing in the middle of the night (can hear it now spinning!). She’s has 2 kids and they’re constantly on their creaky, old trampoline which fine, it’s been lockdown and not at school but this is all. the. time. It’s right outside my bedroom at the back, in their garden, so I can hear them. Also, she has an on/off situation with the kids dad so he’s there a random times - can tell he’s there because I can smell weed, loud music and have to listen to him shout at her/kids! They also don’t put their bin out, rather they pile black bags next to my bin! That grinds my gears.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We currently have really nice neighbours. We say hello/chat etc but we’re planning to move and reading these makes me worried now! Hope the neighbours are nice when we do move! 😰

Reactions: 1
Where to start. We started rented a great apartment at the start of the year had no issues at all. Half way through lockdown we started hearing loud obnoxious music full of the n word been played for a flat several floors below. We closed the windows and could still here it , it started from 1pm til the early hours of the morning every day. As you can imagine it’s enough to drive you mad. Especially when the weather was boiling. We could hear it word for word. My partner and I are not ones to complain but when it’s keeping you up at night and impacting your work the next day then there’s an issue. I could say more but it winds me up. Also the smell of weed is enough to give you a headache. We ended up complaining to our landlord and included videos and detailed notes and he is now on a final warning and will be evicted if he does it again.

Just remembered something else! My friend lives with her parents in a fairly nice cul-de-sac, literally looks like Privet Drive from HP, however there's a house whose front garden and drive faces the side of her house where her garage is.
So an oldish woman lives there with her grandkids, the mum comes by occasionally but sounds like they've had issues and my friend has regularly seen Social Services getting involved. She has a manky caravan that permanently lives in the front garden, which is also a state. My friend was sick of them as they just let the kids run feral and cause chaos.
But the worst thing happened last year. The old woman was getting in her car with her daughter and they were having an argument as they were doing so, effing and blinding at each other. Anyway this old woman in her rage lost control as she was reversing the car and reversed it right up into the side of my friend's garage, you should have seen the state of it! The garage was literally being held up by the car embedded in the wall! Ambulance, fire service and police had to be called out. Nightmare neighbours indeed.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
One of the main reasons we decided to buy our ground floor flat was for the garden. We have a beautiful garden which we spend a lot of time and money on to make sure it looks immaculate.

Unfortunately the neighbours above us have taken to using our garden as a bin. First they started throwing cigarette butts down into our garden, then they poured buckets of dirty water down from their windows. Now we have progressed to actual rubbish. Used tissues, wet wipes, chicken bones, bottles - you name it, it's getting chucked out of their windows instead of into the bin. 😡
you should gather up all their rubbish and leave it outside their door, that should drop a pretty big hint - or post it through their letter box, that would be gold

Mine once reported me for cooking smells! I was making our normal family meal and she reported me!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.