Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makes my neighbour problem look minor 😨
Christ, I would be having a nervous breakdown if this was happening...bless you
I'm not far off it if I'm honest.

It's massively ramped my anxiety up and now I just sit and wait for it. I try and distract myself but it comes back - usually thanks to a too-loud-to-be-natural-laugh, shout, music, tv blast, hammer on the wall, etc from him.

It's in the process of being dealt with but also obviously with coronavirus it can't happen like it normally would so it's essentially sat still since May with only a letter sent out to them early June and a phone call to me to let me know that they'd sent that letter (hence the 6 weeks of 80%-sort-of-ok).

It's so odd because the female neighbour of over 2 decades was lovely and we all got on so well. Then she adds him and wallop.

Reactions: 1
Mine surpassed herself today .... We have had beef for years after she reported me to SS twice as she’s a vicious witch ..... twice they told me it was her but had to investigate the complaint and would no longer bother me as I was found to be a perfectly capable parent, along with OH.

She currently likes to hang back from her top window and watch what we are doing in the garden. Obviously we see her and tell her so adding in a few salty comments.

Today I went and got some veg plants so my autistic teenage son could look after as he likes to water the plants. I was potting them on into a trough and I saw her at the top window just below me. I called to my OH who was repairing the boiler in the kitchen that she was at the window and she thinks I can’t see her. I popped in to get a pair of scissors came back out and she was hanging out of the window trying to see what I was doing unfortunately she wasn’t quick enough to get back in ..... let’s just say this South London girl who moved to a more gentile place let rip ....

Why can’t she just duck off ?? I’m fed up with constantly being watched sad c**t !

She’s constantly broken lockdown rules and is an ex nurse! I like to see something good in everyone but this bleeping witch nah.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Question ....

If you heard your usually quiet neighbours having a serious argument which involved very loud screaming, shouting and accusations of violence towards one .& also knew there was a young child in the house while this was happening. Would you phone the police or ignore it ?
Just hoping I have done the right thing as there is consequences to both.
Thanks

Reactions: 2
Question ....

If you heard your usually quiet neighbours having a serious argument which involved very loud screaming, shouting and accusations of violence towards one .& also knew there was a young child in the house while this was happening. Would you phone the police or ignore it ?
Just hoping I have done the right thing as there is consequences to both.
Thanks
This happened to me once and I phoned the police. You can't not in situations like that.

Reactions: 10
I love this thread..

I live in an old house converted into flats (I’m in the middle with another to the side, two above, two below). The guys next to us are nice, keep themselves to themselves, but store random crap in the communal hallway even though they’ve been told time and time again they can’t leave anything out there. One of the downstairs couples are just weird - they never answer their door, I’ve taken parcels in for them and they haven’t collected them ever, I always just end up leaving them on their doorstep. If you park up at the same time as the wife she literally will run in so fast, or just sit in her car until you’ve gone in, it’s so weird.
Upstairs we used to have a couple who would stomp around at every hour of the day, screaming at each other, threatens of violence in the early hours. The police used to be a regular fixture on an early Sunday morning.
Oh, and a few months ago, other downstairs neighbour was being pleasured by her date in the communal hallway at 3am. Everyone heard it.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Fell out with my neighbour after a few minor things but stopped talking to him after I came home from work to find him in the middle my garden putting up a 6 foot fence with no notice or respect for my privacy or plants. After that he put a ladder up his side so his child could talk to mine and next doors!! I asked them to get down one day when his child and next doors children were both straddling the fence like horses. I was only worried they would fall and I'd have to clear up the mess! The language he used about me just because I asked them to get down nicely was disgusting!

That was the start of a long running issue with him hating women and not liking being unable to control what we do to our house!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I would also phone the police. I would hope if neighbours ever heard anything like that coming from my house, they’d phone too.
You are so right - I would have hoped that someone would have phoned if it was the other way about and it was coming from my house . You can only report what you heard I guess and police have to make decisions from there.
It’s tricky though because that phone call basically ends that whole friendly relationship with neighbours. I’m now half expecting to be ignored forever more (which is probably the best option out the two) and also half expecting to have some backlash ( I hope not) .

At the end of the day I think I did do the right thing .

Our neighbours are all nice compared to some of the replies on this thread😂
The only issue is we have, is the new build estate we live on has a ‘community’ Facebook group, pretty much everyone just sells things or moans about neighbours. Our next door neighbour is a regular poster who moans about the noise of cars and kids playing and people having bbqs / friends round. Which is fine when people take the piss but he moans about everything. Nothing has ever been directed towards us, but it leaves me feeling on edge like I daren’t do anything that could cause some slight noise. I even feel on edge about the kids playing outside on sunny days because he’s moaned about other neighbours before saying that when he’s trying to work from home he doesn’t want to hear kids screaming in the gardens (which I get kids should be taught to be respectful, but sometimes kids forget and are having too much fun splashing eachother in the paddling pool).

• Sad
Our neighbours are all nice compared to some of the replies on this thread😂
The only issue is we have, is the new build estate we live on has a ‘community’ Facebook group, pretty much everyone just sells things or moans about neighbours. Our next door neighbour is a regular poster who moans about the noise of cars and kids playing and people having bbqs / friends round. Which is fine when people take the piss but he moans about everything. Nothing has ever been directed towards us, but it leaves me feeling on edge like I daren’t do anything that could cause some slight noise. I even feel on edge about the kids playing outside on sunny days because he’s moaned about other neighbours before saying that when he’s trying to work from home he doesn’t want to hear kids screaming in the gardens (which I get kids should be taught to be respectful, but sometimes kids forget and are having too much fun splashing eachother in the paddling pool).
I’d be leaving that group.

Kids are allowed to make noise in the daytime when they’re out playing!

My neighbour is so nosey they’ve been poking the wood knots out the fence to peep through. I find them on the floor and pop them back in but they do it again. Saw her finger pop one out the other day, I just keep popping them back in. Don’t know what else to do 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
My neighbour is so nosey they’ve been poking the wood knots out the fence to peep through. I find them on the floor and pop them back in but they do it again. Saw her finger pop one out the other day, I just keep popping them back in. Don’t know what else to do 😂

If you know he/shes in put loads of super glue on her side so when she pokes it through, the piece of wood sticks to her finger 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Haha we have this and I’ve been growing plants up it as we just have the hole. Glue it back in!

Glue them in?

• Haha
Be ready with a hammer when you notice her finger poke through, she won’t do it again (sort of joking)
I have weird neighbours both sides, one who likes to watch our every movement from her window and if we use our garden so does she do she can listen to us. She bangs doors in the night and messes around with my wheelie bins think she has a fetish 😂
The other side never sleep so you hear them talking/listening to music and tv/banging cupboards all day and night. Don’t get me started on the dog... I haven’t had a full nights sleep since we moved here.

• Wow
  • Haha
I have a couple of neighbours I despise. The ones on our right kids are honestly the spawn of Satan himself!!
They constantly climb on our wall and ask stupid questions! Literally don’t leave us alone I hate kids(can only just about stand my own) so safe to say they irk me.
And my neighbours 3 doors down are the dirtiest pigs ever! They leave rubbish in the street and in their front garden and constantly stand around in their pjs in the middle of the day 🤢

• Sick
Bloke across the road waited until my husnbad went out and then knocked the door and asked if I would come and help him move a TV. No chance... I watch Luther! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Glue them in lol

My neighbours kids all live at home all late 20's in a three bed semi.. sharing rooms at 29 is bizarre and i hear them call they parents mommy and daddy .

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.