Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol I'm glad it isn't just me! I don't know why considering the houses are only from 90s but you can hear a lot through the walls. Funnily enough I have gone from semi to 20s terraced and it is much more peaceful!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Lol I'm glad it isn't just me! I don't know why considering the houses are only from 90s but you can hear a lot through the walls. Funnily enough I have gone from semi to 20s terraced and it is much more peaceful!
Our house is 1960s and it’s awful. We lived in a terrace from 20s and never heard a peep. Lived in a semi bungalow from the 80s and it was also fine. Definitely just depends on the build itself😕

Reactions: 3
I'm in a 1920s end of terrace and the other day there was murder with my neighbour because we had music on on the echo dot volume 6, on the opposite wall to her house so not loud at all and she was banging on the walls over it. We banged back because we were pissed and it was a Friday night and the music was hardly booming. She came round the next day to clear the air though, but she's got me on pins because I don't want to live in silence 😂 I occasionally hear her walking about but I don't hear her talking, tv or music. Is she living in silence or was she just over listening out for sounds coming from my house? So weird.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm in a 1920s end of terrace and the other day there was murder with my neighbour because we had music on on the echo dot volume 6, on the opposite wall to her house so not loud at all and she was banging on the walls over it. We banged back because we were pissed and it was a Friday night and the music was hardly booming. She came round the next day to clear the air though, but she's got me on pins because I don't want to live in silence 😂 I occasionally hear her walking about but I don't hear her talking, tv or music. Is she living in silence or was she just over listening out for sounds coming from my house? So weird.
This thread is now making me wonder if my neighbours can hear everything and they just live silently 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We moved just before Christmas but where we used to live, we could hear the couple next door all the time, going up & down the stairs, arguments now and again. Heard them in the bedroom sometimes but that is also how we found out the woman was cheating on her boyfriend. One night I saw the boyfriend leave for work (night shift) but about an hour later I heard her in the bedroom so thought that was odd.

Couple of days later I saw a guy come over to the house while her bf was at work and heard her in the bedroom again 🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
We moved just before Christmas but where we used to live, we could hear the couple next door all the time, going up & down the stairs, arguments now and again. Heard them in the bedroom sometimes but that is also how we found out the woman was cheating on her boyfriend. One night I saw the boyfriend leave for work (night shift) but about an hour later I heard her in the bedroom so thought that was odd.

Couple of days later I saw a guy come over to the house while her bf was at work and heard her in the bedroom again 🤢
Yay you have a ******* living next door.

My neighbour has now created a totally unnecessary boundary dispute. Luckily I have legal cover on my home insurance. Hope they've got deep pockets next door, because it's gonna cost them about £25k to fight.
I've spent so many tedious hours putting together paperwork. I didn't think I could hate them any more than I already did. Now this.
Legal cover on home insurance is definitely worth it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
It's getting lighter and warmer. My neighbour who has been quite quiet lately will not be able to help herself getting drunk, gobby and spitful as the weather gets nicer. I am now armed with cams and recorders and an army of people waiting for her to make another malicious complaint.

I shall be putting my water feature back on soon, it's not loud but she feels it is. I have it purely to stop her listening to me either physically or on her ring cam that faces my fence while in the garden with my friends and to try to block out her TV that I cant hear in the winter but hear it like it's in my living room in the summer. She sits in her garden watching TV, I can even hear that soft click of a door closing on one of her soaps..

I don't complain about this lady but that will change this summer if it's the same as last summer. No more the nice guy

A friend told me the other day that next door has joined a home swap group.. I pray it's true and she is once again looking to move. She has moved around to other places every 2 or 3 years due to bad neighbours. I felt very sorry for her when she told me and said you want get that here as everyone is lovely , there if needed and not if not needed. little did I an my other neighbours know, she was the problem not her old neighbours

• Heart
Neighbour down the road has just had a fence redone, given her neighbour the post side… they already have the posts from their own fence so now they have no nice fence side.
Horrid thing to do.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Neighbour down the road has just had a fence redone, given her neighbour the post side… they already have the posts from their own fence so now they have no nice fence side.
Horrid thing to do.
I'd prefer the matching element of that to be fair :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Really I thought it was the law?
Im living in the past it seems
No, not the law, but considered good etiquette to have the 'nice' side facing the neighbour. I think most people who own a fence want the side with the posts facing them as the maintenance will be easier.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.