Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never met my neighbours joined onto me to say if they’re definitely odd but they keep parking infront of my house. Or rather the car hasn’t moved since I’ve moved in. Best thing is there’s nothing outside their own house so they could just park outside their own. People-ing makes me pretty anxious so I don’t want to go over there and ask if they could move when technically I have no right to the front of my house, it just makes parking on my driveway a bit tricky and if I have visitors I’m kind of hogging the shared driveway. I just don’t get why they aren’t in-front of their own house
I’ve had neighbours who say they like to keep the space in front of theirs empty in case a visitor shows up. But they never seem to think they are being morons to take up someone else’s front space. One time they did this directly across from ours, and I backed into the parked car and dented it because I got distracted by one of the kids yelling in the back seat. I just said fark it and drove away. I figured if they saw me do it, they’d be over later. I never did get blamed for that one. I did notice they stopped parking in that spot though!!

Another time someone left a car outside ours for several weeks and because it’s technically a 23 hour spot, I called the police and reported an abandoned car. What if it’s a stolen car, I said. When a cop did come around, turned out the car actually belonged to someone on the next street.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So I’ve worked out what’s going on with parking-gate. The car (still) outside my house is quite a big 4x4 thing that I like to call the “minibus”. They have another car, a little sports car thing that they park on their drive. For the last few days my parents have been round helping me with various things and they decided to park infront of the neighbours house since the space was empty. Today the dudes come back in his sports car, isn’t able to reverse park it into their driveway when a car is parked outside their house so had to turn it around to park it. Apparently he was visibly raging about it. So the most likely scenario is they aren’t cracking drivers so keep outside my house and just make it trickier for me to park. Gonna solve the problem in a few weeks and get the garden outside my house turned into a paved driveway with dropped curb and they can figure out how to resolve their driving problems.

Reactions: 8
For a few months now someone on my estate has gone to work on his VERY loud moped at 6am and it wakes us up every week day without fail. Its so loud you can hear it three floors up and you can hear him carry on up the next main road after he's gone past. My next door neighbour gets back from his night shift at 4am so I can't imagine he appreciates it either. I'm not sure who it is as there are around 100 houses on our estate and you have to go past our house to get out of the estate, but I do have their number plate as I can hear him coming from a mile off when he comes home in the evening. I also have the sheer loud noise of it recorded on our Ring doorbell. A bit of a long shot but does anyone know if this is something I could complain to the council about regarding noise? I appreciate that 6am isn't that early in the scheme of things as people often go to work even before this, but lots of people come on and off the estate and no one else wakes us up. Plus there are a lot of children on the estate. Don't really know what else to do bar buy some ear plugs :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
For a few months now someone on my estate has gone to work on his VERY loud moped at 6am and it wakes us up every week day without fail. Its so loud you can hear it three floors up and you can hear him carry on up the next main road after he's gone past. My next door neighbour gets back from his night shift at 4am so I can't imagine he appreciates it either. I'm not sure who it is as there are around 100 houses on our estate and you have to go past our house to get out of the estate, but I do have their number plate as I can hear him coming from a mile off when he comes home in the evening. I also have the sheer loud noise of it recorded on our Ring doorbell. A bit of a long shot but does anyone know if this is something I could complain to the council about regarding noise? I appreciate that 6am isn't that early in the scheme of things as people often go to work even before this, but lots of people come on and off the estate and no one else wakes us up. Plus there are a lot of children on the estate. Don't really know what else to do bar buy some ear plugs :(
I'm not sure what you can do about that sadly but something I own which makes it easier to sleep through noise outside is a sound machine. It plays white noise and we keep it on all night until we wake up. It isn't perfect but definitely has helped me sleep through when previously I couldn't.

Reactions: 3
Also got a similar problem, some people are so inconsiderate. Slamming car doors etc at ungodly hours. Just coz they’re up doesn’t mean all of us are!!!!
Arseholes. Worth a complaint I think. Council?

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure what you can do about that sadly but something I own which makes it easier to sleep through noise outside is a sound machine. It plays white noise and we keep it on all night until we wake up. It isn't perfect but definitely has helped me sleep through when previously I couldn't.
I’ll look into it - thanks!

Also got a similar problem, some people are so inconsiderate. Slamming car doors etc at ungodly hours. Just coz they’re up doesn’t mean all of us are!!!!
Arseholes. Worth a complaint I think. Council?
It’s crazy how people have zero disregard for others. I’ll try a few things to see if it stops waking me up but if it carries on I think I will look into complaining. Thanks!

I’ll look into it - thanks!

It’s crazy how people have zero disregard for others. I’ll try a few things to see if it stops waking me up but if it carries on I think I will look into complaining. Thanks!
Someone in my street once was playing music from a car at about 5am. Nest minute we heard WILL YOU TURN THAT BLOODY MUSIC DOWN AT THIS TIME OF THE MORNING

😂😂😂must have shouted from their bedroom window lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ergh so noisy neighbours 4 dogs are keeping me awake a lot. They just bark constantly whether they are in or not, every now and then you will hear them scream at them to shut up. But there is a serious lack of training and it rages me. I love dogs but not constantly barking when I'm trying to sleep off my nightshift. Ive mentioned the banging and slamming of doors every night but they also have a screeching moment each night in the bedroom next to mine with their teenage daughters, it sounds like a mega tickling fight where all the girls are screeching and of course that sets the dogs off and then they scream at the dogs. I wake up at 4:30am when im on earlies and I have often had my alarm go off when their bedroom TV has only been off an hour or so. I'm always tiptoeing around the house and gently closing doors so as not to wake anyone up. It just amazes me how people have no consideration for anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I don't think you can do anything about that unless the bike has been modified to be louder.

We have someone here who goes to work spot on 6am ,used to hear it everytime but now don't really notice it at all. I do noticed the glass recycle collecting the pubs bottles at 6am every other Wednesday though. that's a wake up call for sure 😲🤣

Reactions: 1
Ergh so noisy neighbours 4 dogs are keeping me awake a lot. They just bark constantly whether they are in or not, every now and then you will hear them scream at them to shut up. But there is a serious lack of training and it rages me. I love dogs but not constantly barking when I'm trying to sleep off my nightshift. Ive mentioned the banging and slamming of doors every night but they also have a screeching moment each night in the bedroom next to mine with their teenage daughters, it sounds like a mega tickling fight where all the girls are screeching and of course that sets the dogs off and then they scream at the dogs. I wake up at 4:30am when im on earlies and I have often had my alarm go off when their bedroom TV has only been off an hour or so. I'm always tiptoeing around the house and gently closing doors so as not to wake anyone up. It just amazes me how people have no consideration for anyone.
You can keep a diary of the dates/times the dogs bark and register all the details with your Council for noise abatement - check your local council's website to see if they have a form you can download to enter the information.

Reactions: 2
You can keep a diary of the dates/times the dogs bark and register all the details with your Council for noise abatement - check your local council's website to see if they have a form you can download to enter the information.
I’ll consider it, the only thing that concerns me is that it will be obvious it’s me that’s done it as it’s semi detached and the house next door to theirs is one of their parents.

I’ll consider it, the only thing that concerns me is that it will be obvious it’s me that’s done it as it’s semi detached and the house next door to theirs is one of their parents.
Are there no other neighbours around at all? Someone else can hear it, if you can, surely?

Are there no other neighbours around at all? Someone else can hear it, if you can, surely?
I haven’t seen any of my neighbours for a while, they seem to be out a lot of the time! My boyfriend sees someone about five doors down at work occasionally so he’s going to ask if it’s as loud for them too when he sees them

Reactions: 1
How does everyone cope with dogs barking at them from the neighbour's garden?
Every time I'm in the garden the dog jumps up at my fence and barks until I go in. I fear I'm going to have a very noisy summer 🙁
Btw this dog belongs to my problem neighbour ... talking to them is not an option.

How does everyone cope with dogs barking at them from the neighbour's garden?
Every time I'm in the garden the dog jumps up at my fence and barks until I go in. I fear I'm going to have a very noisy summer 🙁
Btw this dog belongs to my problem neighbour ... talking to them is not an option.
Mine barks at my neighbour its so embarrassing 🤦🏼‍♀️ my neighbour doesnt mind as she knows shes friendly but I just make her go inside (the dog not the neighbour lol) when she starts.

My nans neighbour complained to the council regarding my nans dog barking (wasn't her dog 🙄) so maybe contact your council?

Reactions: 2
Only 8 more days until I move. So much to update you guys on but no idea where to start. Struggling to eat/sleep I am so anxious. I can hear them scream abuse and accusations at me through the walls but can't pick it up on my mobile recording. I've got other people to verify they can hear the shouting but their phones don't pick it up either. They are accusing me of racism despite the fact my husband, his mum, and my son are all the same race 🤯🤯 I hate racists more than anything. It's an absolute empty accusation and on police record they were racist to me. OH is laughing it off but it is really hurting me that they are saying this about me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Only 8 more days until I move. So much to update you guys on but no idea where to start. Struggling to eat/sleep I am so anxious. I can hear them scream abuse and accusations at me through the walls but can't pick it up on my mobile recording. I've got other people to verify they can hear the shouting but their phones don't pick it up either. They are accusing me of racism despite the fact my husband, his mum, and my son are all the same race 🤯🤯 I hate racists more than anything. It's an absolute empty accusation and on police record they were racist to me. OH is laughing it off but it is really hurting me that they are saying this about me.
A week and a day and you'll never have them in your life again.

You've survived this far, you can survive just 8 more days ❤ Just be the bigger person and don't take any 'bait', ignore it, get the packing sorted, and move on to a happier home xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A week and a day and you'll never have them in your life again.

You've survived this far, you can survive just 8 more days ❤ Just be the bigger person and don't take any 'bait', ignore it, get the packing sorted, and move on to a happier home xxx
Thank you. I am heading to my new house to decorate tonight, Friday night, all day saturday and sunday. So I am telling myself it is only a couple of days alone until OH is off work with me. They won't dare do anything other than shout loudly through walls. We have CCTV up and trying to focus on the final bits and pieces of packing.

The eldest boy next door keeps driving down my one way road the wrong way. I am getting sick and tired of them thinking they own the street and can do whatever they want. They don't realise there are consequences to their actions!

Reactions: 3
Just a tip @Bubblesandflowers , the day we moved our horrific neighbours asked the removal team where we were moving to. Luckily they didn't disclose it but maybe have that conversation.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.