Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

flutternutter

VIP Member
Are they definitely council or HA tenants?
Yea its a council house. Spoke to the council housing asb person about them and they are "known" to them 🙄
dh and I were brought up in HA homes but we had parents that taught us respect for people and their property.

flutternutter

VIP Member
My mum caught her neighbour throwing his dog's poo into her garden one day. This had been happening for a while here and there but this was the first time she had caught him in the act. No bad blood between him and my parents - they have been neighbours for over 30 years - although the guy is known to be a bit of an asshole. Anyway, my dad went and had a word and he now throws his dog's poo into the neighbours on the other side instead. Not even joking. My parents have seen him do it.
Same here. We take each others parcels in... im just totally shocked. Not really sure what to do. Could go out and push it all back ontk his side... but its still on the public path, just outside our house not his so might just report it to the council instead

flutternutter

VIP Member
Electoral Roll can be accessed at your local library. You search by the street.
(I’m assuming this is still a thing as I haven’t seen one in about 20 years)
They arent on 192 so i can only assume they are relatively new. Its just so frustrating! The prices of the ex council houses has gone through the roof so its a decent area for schools, transport and local facilities. Dont know where the council found this family but they should do more to support residents when they put in problem neighbours!

Punchface

VIP Member
You can get a bin lock or if they continue to do it tell them you will report them to the council and there's a big fine for fly tipping.
I’ve got a lock on it! There’s just a long boring story about how they got their rubbish in there and why I didn’t lock it on time one week 🙄. Cheeky gets though, I live on my own so usually have room to spare in my bin but bloody ask me first and don’t put the wrong stuff in there! Wheelie bins are serious business around here 😂

hol20x

VIP Member
My neighbour keeps leaving her shite lying outside at the pillar that connects our gardens, she left her mop and bucket there for weeks and the mop kept falling into my garden and she wouldn’t take the hint when I kept pushing it back. :ROFLMAO: Now she’s put up decorations for the Jubilee on our joint fence and they’re flapping into my garden.😶

Melian

VIP Member
Mediation was offered with my ex neighbour. I'm not sure how it would work with the numerous letters he's already received about his noise.

He then get kicked out of the area as he got an asbo for fighting.

It's now bliss here. I only hear (I'm on the ground floor) my neighbours go in and out.

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
Me and my friend do now, but like Friday had an official coming to see me and had to ask them not to say anything about our business while in the garden.; Who the fuck has to do that.

I do have a water feature that hopefully is louder than our voices. Although keep getting letters from the local council saying she says it's too loud.
I have to ask people not to speak in the garden as my neighbour comes out of her house and stands against the fence and listens. She’s nuts. Does it every time there’s a workman in my garden or on my driveway.

She’s now got a Ring doorbell so I’m pretty certain she’s inside listening to my conversations from the comfort of her armchair but I don’t know how to prove it.

That case was won primarily on the audio factor and that he lied to her about what the cameras were picking up and he was sharing data with other neighbours.

flutternutter

VIP Member
I feel like this is a weird thing but maybe someone can explain it to me.

I have multiple neighbours where this happens and I just cannot work it out!
Say, day in day out the neighbour has a black car on their drive. One day they come back in a white car and you think, oh they got a new car.
Then the next day they have the black car again. Maybe it was a courtesy car.
Weeks pass with the black car, then once again the white car is back and its a sunday. What garage would give you a courtesy car on a sunday 🤔

I know i am over thinking this but im genuinely curious if anyone knows why this could be the case with at least 3 of my neighbours.

Also we live in the kind of street where (annoying as you would be) you could park multiple cars here if you had them

Cars are always of similar size so its not like youve borrowed your dads 4x4 for the day to go camping or something.

Heidi88

VIP Member
My next door neighbours grown daughter and two kids are constantly in her parents house which is attached me.

I find it so odd. The kids are around 3 and 1.5 years old. She is married but its like she lives there. She is there from early morning til around 8 or 9pm most evenings. The kids can be very loud at times but I genuinely feel sorry for them that they dont get to play or nap in their own home with their own toys. Its very odd. Its not that the grandparents are their childminders or anything as their mother stays there too. She is there most weekends too and often the husband comes there straight after work.

Last edited:

whoareyouu

VIP Member
I know it’s laughable isn’t it, the poor kid looks anaemic, covered in flea bites and has a constant cough I think it’s from all the dust and cat hair, she invited me over and I said no I had plans and purposely had to leave my house so she knew I went out 🤣 I didn’t have any plans but I cannot go in that house it’s minging
Poor kid. Hope he’s OK. Shocked the father is allowing his child to live there.

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
You can get Alexa to play white noise if you have one 😊
Never knew this😮, I do have Alexa. I've just bought a white noise machine off Amazon, they are quite good. I love White Noise. Normally used a fan but it broke and plus be getting too cold for that soon.

I feel for anyone, going through it myself, it's draining. Not nice. Currently looking for another place, I hate the area and house I'm in anyway and then you add this on as well, that's why.

Lol you must live near me ? I am also demented by the neighbours dog barking all day and night. And her occasionally shouting at it to shut up, which it takes 0 notice of.
I don't get why they don't say anything to it or bring inside? Not everyone wants to listen to your pet. Be thoughtful.

My neighbours daughter keeps parking an inch away from my garden gate and completely blocking me in so I have to go out the back instead. Would it be rude to put a note on her car telling her to leave the gate clear? She’s taking the fucking piss but im never able to catch her in person to say anything..!
I have one like that, round the back. Sometimes I can just about get the bin outside the gate. Or if I want to go out the back door, have to squeeze through. People have no sense I swear.

Last edited:

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I feel like this is a weird thing but maybe someone can explain it to me.

I have multiple neighbours where this happens and I just cannot work it out!
Say, day in day out the neighbour has a black car on their drive. One day they come back in a white car and you think, oh they got a new car.
Then the next day they have the black car again. Maybe it was a courtesy car.
Weeks pass with the black car, then once again the white car is back and its a sunday. What garage would give you a courtesy car on a sunday 🤔

I know i am over thinking this but im genuinely curious if anyone knows why this could be the case with at least 3 of my neighbours.

Also we live in the kind of street where (annoying as you would be) you could park multiple cars here if you had them

Cars are always of similar size so its not like youve borrowed your dads 4x4 for the day to go camping or something.
I lived near a family and if the husband had their car , she would borrow her dad's , except for during the summer , she drove a convertible. The same convertible for a few summers in a row , only during the summer months. It puzzled me as it wasn't a new car or anything particularly fancy ( it was a vauxhall astra convertible).

If the cars were newish, I would think they were hired.

no-no

VIP Member
Yea its a council house. Spoke to the council housing asb person about them and they are "known" to them 🙄
dh and I were brought up in HA homes but we had parents that taught us respect for people and their property.
That’s a shame, HA’s tend to be good at working with neighbourhoods. Had a horror by me and it took over a year to get her out but I guess the social workers couldn’t keep denying everyone’s complaints.

N0s3yr0s3y

VIP Member
has anyone been for mediation with a neighbour? I live in HA and have been using an app to record their noise for 2 1/2 months although it’s been going on the whole year I’ve lived here.
Im in a middle new build and one side are fine the other is just horrendous.. 2 kids constantly slamming doors (its that bad my pictures fall off my walls) screaming and stomping around from the moment they get home from school until they go to bed at half 10 at night.. every single day without fail. I’m at my wits end. Have to have my tv on so loud to block it out. HA have said it doesn’t constitute asb and that I just need to deal with the fact a new build has shit sound proofing And that we have a clash of lifestyles 🙄 all they can offer is mediation. Has anyone done this, just wondering what to expect as it bothers me that much I can see myself just bursting into tears as soon as I need to explain to anyone the impact it’s having on me and my daughter while I try to wfh and she’s studying for her a levels 🙁
I had mediation with a neighbour arranged by the council & police. Complete waste of time as the other party told a pack of lies & the mediation could not progress to get us in the same room together 🙄