Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I spend a lot of time at my partner's home, but I have a place of my own. Because I am at my place so little, I tend not to take much notice of the neighbours - that is until yesterday.
According to another neighbour, one of the tenants in our building smokes weed and has a dog. Neither of these bother me too much, I have a poor sense of smell so I can't smell any dubious substances. But when I walked into the lobby of the building today, the floor was dirty and there were wet patches there. I can only asume that the wet patches came from the dog
The owner of the dog is breaching their tenancy agreement, because pets are not allowed in the building. I really don't want to get into any disputes with the neighbours, I am unsure what to do about it. I am hopeless at confronting people.

Last edited:

Lalala12

I'm not sure what you can do about that sadly but something I own which makes it easier to sleep through noise outside is a sound machine. It plays white noise and we keep it on all night until we wake up. It isn't perfect but definitely has helped me sleep through when previously I couldn't.
I’ll look into it - thanks!

Also got a similar problem, some people are so inconsiderate. Slamming car doors etc at ungodly hours. Just coz they’re up doesn’t mean all of us are!!!!
Arseholes. Worth a complaint I think. Council?
It’s crazy how people have zero disregard for others. I’ll try a few things to see if it stops waking me up but if it carries on I think I will look into complaining. Thanks!

Captainmouse

VIP Member
a couple of threads

flutternutter

VIP Member
Trying to write my application to object to a neighbour's planning permission - it's very hard to keep it factual which is what the Council requires. Has anyone had any success in this area that could offer me some tips on what the the Planning Department will look for?
What are you objecting to and why?

Quite often, although you have the right to object, it will still go through and then just put bad blood between neighbours wondering who it was... unless its very obvious! If youre objecting an extension and other ppl have the same size extension already, its very unlikely they will side with you I'm afraid.

whoareyouu

VIP Member
She’s just lazy, ironically she’s a cleaner at a school so isn’t even at work atm, she just festers in that house, she doesn’t take the child out, they get food delivered on a daily basis so even if she does have mental health issues being overweight, eating junk and not going out isn’t going to help
Ahhh right I see! Quite unreal that her house is that bad given she’s a cleaner.

Jyhy1110

VIP Member
I wonder what the inside looks like then, if that’s what they’re ok with presenting to the rest of the street 🤢. I own indoor cats now, but I have owned outdoor cats before. The tend to go in a clean spot, so maybe that’s why your garden or every square foot of the roof is being optimised instead of the litter tray? Thank you for taking kind measures to keep them out your garden ❤
I do like cats, my parents had their cat over 15 years and I loved him dearly until he passed last year, on previous posts Iv done on this thread Iv explained their house is a complete dump it’s disgusting, cat hair and fluff everywhere, dust, food laying about on the sides that she’s too lazy to put in the bin, takeaway packets left on the floor etc ironically she’s a bloody cleaner for a job! She only works two hours each day in the evening when her partner gets home and I know she looks after the child during the day but I have a child the same age and I manage to keep a tidy clean environment for my child and dogs, I didn’t want her cat which was pooing blood in my garden to make it a habit as outdoor cats can carry toxoplasmosis in there poo and I don’t want my dogs eating it and also in the summer I don’t want my child who plays on the grass having it on him either, their house stinks too just everything about them stinks and is minging, Iv reported the child to nursery etc nothing seems to be done about it and it’s making me hate living in my house when I love my house just not living next to them

Jyhy1110

VIP Member
Nothing wrong with that. Just tell them the truth - it's a tough month with a lot on with getting guttering done which is an extra cost etc. If they don't take no for an answer when you explain your reasons to them then they're just weird.

Do your children play together often?
Not often I try to keep my son away as their house next door is filthy and disgusting and the poor boy is covered in flea bites etc, they go to the same nursery, Iv mentioned in previous posts that Iv reported them to nursery

Has she actually asked you to pay? Her saying she'll book it sounds like she's paying to me...

(also, if it's their birthday thing, why would you be paying at all? If they're inviting your kid, they ought to be paying, no?)
No I would have to pay myself, she’s only booking for herself, partner and child I would have to fund my child and self

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
Good for you, purrrrrrr!

I wish I could do this as I have the same issue but my garden slopes wildly. I’m just going to resort to shouting at the silly woman instead 🤣

Nellinton

VIP Member
Hi. I don't know if this is the right thread for this query but I have searched and this is the only close thing. Does anyone know if anywhere in Leeds accepts DSS??😔 preferably a 2 bedroom..

😳

Last edited:

cococookie

Chatty Member
Hey all! Would you inform your neighbours before having a bbq on a sunny day? We’ve just set one up (not lit it or anything) and our next door neighbour has popped his head over our fence saying he’d appreciate a heads up ‘every time we want to light that thing’ … is that normal etiquette?!
Is it because he has his washing out? Tbh I’ve never known anyone to bother telling their neighbours lol 🤔

gummy-bear

VIP Member
Just spoke to the builder next door… they are completely hitting and ripping out the flat located next to my bedroom. He said it’s gonna take months and months… that’s 8-9 months of this year of constant renovations from all of my neighbours when I’m paying £700 a month rent and forking out even more money in order to not be here in the evenings and weekends. Every weekend ruined. Do I have any rights at all?? Feels so unfair, I can’t stop crying ☹
Poor you, this is my worst nightmare. You mention that you pay rent though, can’t you just leave and find somewhere else?

Puppys

Mine has reported my cctv that was only put up due to my car being scratched after an argueargument with her although I've no proof of this it was a bit strange given the timing 🤨my cctv has been checked and cleared its perfectly legal and yet shes still going on about it wich makes me wonder what shes hiding as it only films a public place 🤔 strange people 🙄

Y0H0

Not a massive problem but we have got a large headge between us. They are refusing to take any heigh off it (must be like 14 ft high). I pay to get my side cut and the top (only trimmed so they don't have a problem with that).
Fucking drives me mad as its called as theirs but they don't mind me paying to maintain it. We also pay for the other side which is legally ours so don't mind doing that.