Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
annoying! Could you pop a bench or a garden swing seat facing away from their property? As well as some planters with heavy rocks in? X

Reactions: 2
An electric fence

Reactions: 7
Some arsehole has blocked my drive with their car for the last 2 hours. No one to be seen. Can’t believe people think this is acceptable!

It’s not a huge road either so people only come to visit houses as there’s nothing else around. WTF

Reactions: 10
A note saying please do not block my drive and stuck onto the screen with pritt-stick is very effective

Reactions: 3
A note saying please do not block my drive and stuck onto the screen with pritt-stick is very effective
What is also effective:
Waiting for them to come back and telling them off . She won’t be doing it again

Must be a neighbours girlfriend. She was only about 18. Pulled a right face when I told her she’s blocked me in for hours. she said I’m going now. Welllll that’s ok then isn’t it

Reactions: 13
Fucking hell I thought my neighbours were bad… I think I need a drink after reading that

I do have an idea for some neighbour issues. Approach the local hard man and ask him to start "nipping over" aka get himself spotted around your house. Be amazed how quickly the issues disappear.

Reactions: 6
My neighbours lot do this. Expect you just to knock on every door until you find the owner... i would direct everyone to them twats

My neighbours lot do this. Expect you just to knock on every door until you find the owner... i would direct everyone to them twats
Wasn’t there a film with Eddie Murphy when he stuck a banana up someone’s exhaust pipe. Car wouldn’t start. They had no idea why.
Now, something like that, maybe a potato, even an apple….

Crazy neighbour's taking pictures of my garden again. I know it's not illegal as she's stood on the pavement, but with all the harassment we've had she's clearly just doing it to upset us/annoy us. She's unhinged.

Crazy neighbour's taking pictures of my garden again. I know it's not illegal as she's stood on the pavement, but with all the harassment we've had she's clearly just doing it to upset us/annoy us. She's unhinged.
I'd take pics of hers the same time she's doing it and make sure they know

Reactions: 11
Take pictures of her taking pictures to try freak her out!

So I read all your lovely comments and it was so nice to see all your support and suggestions. I thought I would give a quick update as to what’s happened since.

My dad went and spoke my neighbours relative again and she offered to speak to him about his behaviour which i accepted. She updated me today and basically it was very weird, she told him that his behaviour was inappropriate and was making me feel very uncomfortable around him and he told her that I was unhappy with my partner and wanted to leave him and he was waiting to make his move?! Apparently the comments that made him think that was one time when he barged in my house he commented on a bunch of flowers and asked if my partner bought them for me and I said as a throwaway comment that he doesn’t buy me flowers, the other time was when I barely knew him he asked how long me and my partner had been together and I said “7 years and still no ring” as a jokey comment. He told her that he would propose to me and buy me flowers all the time, she reiterated to him that that is completely inappropriate and that if he didn’t stop harassing me my dad would come and “knock his block off”. Apparently he’s looking to move away now and he hasn’t been back to our house since.

I have a ring doorbell and cameras set up now and haven’t seen anything of note either, he’s not been onto our property at all and seems to be actively avoiding us which is great.

I also went and spoke informally to a PSCO - I actually share an office with our local police (I don’t work for the police) so I just popped over to their area while I was working and asked what they thought I should do. They advised that it would definitely be classed as harassment and that I should keep a diary of incidents and make sure I save any ring footage as evidence. They offered to go and speak to him but as the situation seems to have calmed down a bit now I don’t think it’s necessary at the moment.

I did consider some of the other suggestions such as getting a door chain but I haven’t, we have just had a new front door installed and I’m reluctant to drill into the new PVC. I absolutely will though if his behaviour starts up again.

Someone also asked what my partner thinks of the whole thing, he is supportive but he has not experienced any of the behaviour firsthand and I don’t think as an over 6 foot man he really gets the genuine feeling of fear that you feel when someone is harassing you or making you feel threatened in a sexual way. He has offered multiple times to go and speak to the neighbour but I felt that as the neighbour thinks he is controlling/abusive towards me that it might feed into his delusion more that my partner is jealous of us speaking and this could further inflame the situation. I also felt a little crazy about the whole thing and like maybe I was making a big deal out of nothing so it wasn’t until his family member confirmed what a creep he is that I felt justified in my feelings about him.

So overall positive I think? I’m praying that he is serious about moving away so then I won’t have to worry about him anymore, thankfully it definitely seems to have calmed down in the past few weeks which is great and I’m starting to feel a bit more relaxed and comfortable.

Reactions: 37
Yeah there is some positive stuff in there. Your neighbour does sound slightly mentally unwell though (and a bit fixated and mildly delusional) which could be problematic.

I think I'd avoid any contact now where possible, including your partner speaking to him about the situation.

I hope he moves and you can relax. It's awful to not feel comfortable in what is meant to be your safe space.

So I wrote on here on the 6th December about my neighbours cat poo roof and had previous posts about their filthy child and house etc, I contacted environmental health and they didn’t get back to me, I contacted them again a month later and they asked for photo evidence which I sent them, they have since sent a letter to them and have now booked an appt for an inspection, this complaint also was forwarded to the nursery the child goes too and they have child services contacting them next week, hopefully this is the biggest kick up their arses to provide a clean healthy home for their kid! They now think the world is against them and they live perfectly fine clearly not if environmental health and social services are involved

Reactions: 9
Will they keep your name & evidence out of it? I always dread them ever knowing it was, for example, a picture clearly taken from my upstairs window that got them in trouble.

Will they keep your name & evidence out of it? I always dread them ever knowing it was, for example, a picture clearly taken from my upstairs window that got them in trouble.
no the council are not allowed to give my details out, I asked the council man on my emails to stay anonymous,he said claimant details are never shared and he won’t be allowed to show them the pics either

Reactions: 5
no the council are not allowed to give my details out, I asked the council man on my emails to stay anonymous,he said claimant details are never shared and he won’t be allowed to show them the pics either
Amazing, that's good to know.

I hope this finally gets these issues sorted for your benefit as well as theirs.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.