Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My street is like an episode of EastEnders today. I've finally gone public with what my neighbour's been doing for years - childish, playground bullying that never ends - because I can't stand being slandered any more and wondering what other people think. So everyone now knows that I've had enough. The neighbour has been doing damage limitation, going around telling people I'm slandering her (oh the irony!), but I'm happier than I have been for a long time. I no longer care what people think. Life is too short. I'm glad my neighbour got the shock of her life that I've finally stood up for myself. She still insists that she's the victim, but hopefully non-gullible people might be having doubts about her. I've constantly told her to leave me alone, but she never has, so although I'm not proud of it and I hate airing my dirty linen in public, I feel like I now have a voice.
Good for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I feel like I’m always on this thread moaning about something. Now I’ve got new neighbours they are super odd and irritating, they moved in just over a month ago. Can’t explain why I get an “odd” vibe from them but their behaviour is super annoying/ inconsiderate. One of them throws up loads- ive been woken up a few times by them throwing up super loud, their bathroom doesn’t even share a wall but I hear them growling and then coughing and retching like they’re in my house. They’ve thrown up in the garden a few times. I’d have sympathy but it’s worn super thin with how loud they are and the fact they do it in the garden- it’s really grim. I don’t think they work often (between the two of them they’ve been to work maybe 4 times in the last month and a bit) but always choose to do DIY at night, even outdoors in the dark. They put something up on a fence they isn’t even theirs in the pitch black. They’re constantly in and out to the car but slam every door as they go. It’s like 7 or 8 times at night to the car and back, slamming 3 or 4 doors each time. It’s such a massive contrast to my old neighbours- I used to hear their tv or music from time to time but there wasn’t ever any door slamming. The advert said no pets but they’ve got a dog that they never walk and it it potters around in the garden that’s really not dog proofed and barks at everyone- I feel really sorry for it because it doesn’t look well at all and it only seems to be let out a couple of times a day. I get the DIY and hope it settles but the constant slamming is getting to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I totally agree about the doors slamming.
My neighbours son (25) goes to his car and opens and shuts every door three or four times each, and he seems to do this at all hours! What are they doing?!
She may be throwing up because she is pregnant or ill? Poor dog not being well and not walked ever, sad life. My neighbours just bought a cockapoo dog 6 months ago and he’s never been walked, he’s cooped up every day barking none stop. I thought my mam had stopped round to my house and it was her dog barking in my house, Nope it was that bleeping blonde twit next door 😅

Reactions: 3
I totally agree about the doors slamming.
My neighbours son (25) goes to his car and opens and shuts every door three or four times each, and he seems to do this at all hours! What are they doing?!
She may be throwing up because she is pregnant or ill? Poor dog not being well and not walked ever, sad life. My neighbours just bought a cockapoo dog 6 months ago and he’s never been walked, he’s cooped up every day barking none stop. I thought my mam had stopped round to my house and it was her dog barking in my house, Nope it was that bleeping blonde twit next door 😅
Yes!! They’re doing pretty much the same - out to the van and open and shut most of the doors. Last night they were in an out around 20 times and slamming the front or back door as they went. No clue what they’re even doing- me and a friend have joked saying they’re hiding drugs. It’s the bloke that’s been throwing up, I did wonder if it was illness but having seen him out and about I wonder if it’s alcohol related. Even if it is illness it’s kinda gross to do it in the garden.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This untrained dog thing annoys me. I’m old enough to remember buying a dog license at the post office. My dad got a trained Alsatian that was a police reject dog. That should have been the first red flag. It was a nutter, but it did obey commands. It bit loads of people in our park when I got free of the lead. Which it did maybe twice a year. That dog was a liability it’s whole life. It hated everyone in our family except my dad. It bit me several times, luckily only on the legs and bum. There are a couple of yo7ng girls on YouTube who were bitten drastically on the face by pups they knew. One of the girls Brooklinn Khoury had her top lip totally bitten off and swallowed by a pit bul. She is a year into reconstruction surgery. Veryupbeat young person, but an awful thing to have happened.
There seems to be many attacks and deaths here 8n the uk as people opt to have these untrained animal’s in their homes.

• Sad
  • Wow
Neighbours kids snowballed me earlier. Right in the face. It was made of snow and stones and duck knows what else. I was minding my own business putting my bin out. So waiting until it’s quiet and dark and going to go into their garden and kick Their snowman into next week 👍🏼
That is the very minimum I would be doing 😅

---

This untrained dog thing annoys me. I’m old enough to remember buying a dog license at the post office. My dad got a trained Alsatian that was a police reject dog. That should have been the first red flag. It was a nutter, but it did obey commands. It bit loads of people in our park when I got free of the lead. Which it did maybe twice a year. That dog was a liability it’s whole life. It hated everyone in our family except my dad. It bit me several times, luckily only on the legs and bum. There are a couple of yo7ng girls on YouTube who were bitten drastically on the face by pups they knew. One of the girls Brooklinn Khoury had her top lip totally bitten off and swallowed by a pit bul. She is a year into reconstruction surgery. Veryupbeat young person, but an awful thing to have happened.
There seems to be many attacks and deaths here 8n the uk as people opt to have these untrained animal’s in their homes.
I never knew dog liscenses were ever a thing! I would 100% support this being a legal requirement. Someone near me has a dog that is apparently barking all night because it is just locked outside it seems. I cannot hear it from my flat luckily but neighbours have called the council/rspca etc and nothing has apparently been done

Reactions: 2
Another one here with constant car door slamming neighbours. Drives me absolutely insane. I don’t know how their cars have that many doors to even slam and over and over. Also have lots of dogs being shut in houses/gardens all day here too. Absolutely horrendous since lockdown when they bought dogs that don’t fit with their non lockdown lifestyles and now they are trapped in living rooms for 8 hours a day alone. I’m not a dog owner but I work from home and seeing them stuck in a window all day staring outside barking constantly is heartbreaking. I don’t know how they can do it to them. I can see 3 households that do this all day every day to breeds of dogs that are big and need exercise/stimulation just from my window and a couple more when I walk round the cul de sac. I live in a “niceish” housing estate (it’s not) with people that have jobs in the community that are respected and unfortunately no one is interested in the animals well-being 😔 I called to say the animals are obviously distressed as some bark without a break for 6-8 hours, I can hear them from inside their house. It shouldn’t be allowed

• Heart
Same here for car door slammers. I think they just don’t realise how loud it is.

All hours of the day and one of the nob heads goes to work at 5am 😐😐😐😐😐😐

Reactions: 6
Same here for car door slammers and lockdown dogs left to cry and bark all day. Including next door 😤

My street is like an episode of EastEnders today. I've finally gone public with what my neighbour's been doing for years - childish, playground bullying that never ends - because I can't stand being slandered any more and wondering what other people think. So everyone now knows that I've had enough. The neighbour has been doing damage limitation, going around telling people I'm slandering her (oh the irony!), but I'm happier than I have been for a long time. I no longer care what people think. Life is too short. I'm glad my neighbour got the shock of her life that I've finally stood up for myself. She still insists that she's the victim, but hopefully non-gullible people might be having doubts about her. I've constantly told her to leave me alone, but she never has, so although I'm not proud of it and I hate airing my dirty linen in public, I feel like I now have a voice.
Following on from this…

Crazy neighbour is knocking on doors to tell people “it’s all lies”. It’s funny she hasn’t been to me to tell me to stop spreading these “lies” … she knows I’m gonna laugh in her face because everything I’m saying is true and she knows it.

Why didn’t I do this sooner? .

• Haha
I feel like I’m always on this thread moaning about something. Now I’ve got new neighbours they are super odd and irritating, they moved in just over a month ago. Can’t explain why I get an “odd” vibe from them but their behaviour is super annoying/ inconsiderate. One of them throws up loads- ive been woken up a few times by them throwing up super loud, their bathroom doesn’t even share a wall but I hear them growling and then coughing and retching like they’re in my house. They’ve thrown up in the garden a few times. I’d have sympathy but it’s worn super thin with how loud they are and the fact they do it in the garden- it’s really grim. I don’t think they work often (between the two of them they’ve been to work maybe 4 times in the last month and a bit) but always choose to do DIY at night, even outdoors in the dark. They put something up on a fence they isn’t even theirs in the pitch black. They’re constantly in and out to the car but slam every door as they go. It’s like 7 or 8 times at night to the car and back, slamming 3 or 4 doors each time. It’s such a massive contrast to my old neighbours- I used to hear their tv or music from time to time but there wasn’t ever any door slamming. The advert said no pets but they’ve got a dog that they never walk and it it potters around in the garden that’s really not dog proofed and barks at everyone- I feel really sorry for it because it doesn’t look well at all and it only seems to be let out a couple of times a day. I get the DIY and hope it settles but the constant slamming is getting to me.
Can you let the landlord know about the dog? I'd be pissed if it was my house and I'd said no pets.

Reactions: 2
Following on from this…

Crazy neighbour is knocking on doors to tell people “it’s all lies”. It’s funny she hasn’t been to me to tell me to stop spreading these “lies” … she knows I’m gonna laugh in her face because everything I’m saying is true and she knows it.

Why didn’t I do this sooner? .
If someone knocked on my door trying to fill me in on neighbour arguments I would just slowly shut the door in their face. She looks like the guilty party for doing that 😅

• Haha
My annoying neighbours are really ticking me off again! I've posted before when they applied for planning permission (which was granted). In the three years I have lived in my house - which is in a conservation area - they have told me they will be "clearing" the previous building works which never seem to have concluded! They have two parking spaces - one of which is occupied by a skip which they said would be removed on Christmas Eve... the second an old BT trailer, covered in tarpaulin with two flat tyres which has been there since I moved in. He parks his three vehicles on the road which is really short on parking. He's now taking to charging his Tesla and the charging lead stretches across the pavement so you have to walk on the road to get past!

My outlook is gorgeous, woodland, duckpond, listed house which contains a beautiful tearoom but I feel really sad that I've sunk my savings into my forever home and and every time I have visitors, the first thing they mention is the unsightly mess at the end of my row.
---

Oh and it's double yellows where he parks - which HE campaigned for and got installed!

• Sad
If someone knocked on my door trying to fill me in on neighbour arguments I would just slowly shut the door in their face. She looks like the guilty party for doing that 😅
I was hoping that would be the case. She's speaking to people that she never usually bothers with - so hopefully they're seeing right through her. She's a terrible narcissist - always thinks she's right and has to have people agreeing with her and giving her attention.

I’ve found my sort of people! Also hate with a passion the door slamming and untrained dogs left to fend for themselves.
my neighbour loves to slam doors but inside the house, so cupboards etc it’s very loud and makes us jump each time. Her dog barks and growls at us from the side entrance for daring to leave the house or come home. It’s got to the point where we have started looking to move because I just can’t tolerate the noise anymore. I do wish environmental health knuckled down on noise disturbances,everyone knows that reporting them does nothing so the serial offenders do it more because they can!

• Heart
Its windy AF today, and bin night. Almost a weekly occurrence, so you would think by now the thick people in my street may have learned...

Bins are collected Friday morning. Yea, put your bin out 3pm Thursday afternoon. Bins blown over. Glass and shite all over the street! Nice one!!!

Why do people need to stand in the street and have conversations at the top of their lungs.

One neighbour who does it constantly was in the street the other day talking about their chemotherapy appointment. Another neighbour saw them two days later and asked how the appointment went. She called him rude and vile for eavesdropping.
He said it’s hardly eavesdropping when you’re stood outside my house shouting your business for the next four streets to hear.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why do people need to stand in the street and have conversations at the top of their lungs.

One neighbour who does it constantly was in the street the other day talking about their chemotherapy appointment. Another neighbour saw them two days later and asked how the appointment went. She called him rude and vile for eavesdropping.
He said it’s hardly eavesdropping when you’re stood outside my house shouting your business for the next four streets to hear.
Haha I love that! My neighbours do this until 3am in their hot tub that’s right outside my bedroom window 😏

I learnt that the auntie can’t be trusted, she shagged someone from church who stole 40k from the church? I may have got something mixed up because their loud af bubble jets were keep coming on and spoiling the chat for me 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Can you let the landlord know about the dog? I'd be pissed if it was my house and I'd said no pets.
I’m trying to hang on until my gardener starts back. He’s friends with the landlord so should be able to check if the dog is allowed there or not and hopefully it’s a bit nicer than if I called the estate agents that manage the property. I don’t want things to come back to me since they’re already annoying to live next to.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My neighbor is such a creep. I noticed every time his right side neighbor steps onto her balcony to sort out her laundry, he steps out onto his balcony too shortly after to chat away with her. Literally, every single time.
He has a partner. My couch is next to my balcony, so I can see activity. I find it bizarre.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.