Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else have a jealous/nosey/intimidating neighbour who just does everything no matter how seemingly small (though it all adds up over time) in hope of a reaction? I have never heard anything good from complaining though. I don’t think housing associations or council really care about it. Oh we can send a letter etc I’m sure it would just aggravate the situation. Confronting isn’t really an option as I’ve heard them threaten and be abusive to others. People say things like if you ignore they’ll give up and move onto someone else but I’m still waiting for this.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else have a jealous/nosey/intimidating neighbour who just does everything no matter how seemingly small (though it all adds up over time) in hope of a reaction? I have never heard anything good from complaining though. I don’t think housing associations or council really care about it. Oh we can send a letter etc I’m sure it would just aggravate the situation. Confronting isn’t really an option as I’ve heard them threaten and be abusive to others. People say things like if you ignore they’ll give up and move onto someone else but I’m still waiting for this.
I had a PCSO say this to me. I told her I'm still waiting for them to get bored after five years of constant harassment! Some people never give in until they feel they've "won". My neighbour won't leave us alone until I make my garden how she wants it - with nothing growing over 6ft, despite being in a very green area with trees etc, semi-rural. She wants me to garden how she does - all gravel and conifers clipped to within an inch of their lives.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I had a PCSO say this to me. I told her I'm still waiting for them to get bored after five years of constant harassment! Some people never give in until they feel they've "won". My neighbour won't leave us alone until I make my garden how she wants it - with nothing growing over 6ft, despite being in a very green area with trees etc, semi-rural. She wants me to garden how she does - all gravel and conifers clipped to within an inch of their lives.
I think a lot of the time it is definitely a huge element of control with these people. I know that is the case with my neighbour. I’d love higher hedges and shrubs to block mine out. I’m working on it. Even having a ring doorbell doesn’t prevent the snide comments and staring in! I love my garden I’d hate gravel and conifers! Sounds like pcso was a minimiser. Just don’t think people take it seriously a lot of the time and how much anxiety awful neighbours can cause.

Reactions: 6
I’ve only just found out about this thread the day after my nightmare neighbour has been finally kicked out after a section 21 being served to her. Took months and months of numerous complaints to the apartment block management, the council, the police etc etc but omg the relief to know she’s gone is unreal! She genuinely ruined my life for months

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve only just found out about this thread the day after my nightmare neighbour has been finally kicked out after a section 21 being served to her. Took months and months of numerous complaints to the apartment block management, the council, the police etc etc but omg the relief to know she’s gone is unreal! She genuinely ruined my life for months
I hope you can get your life back ❤

Home is supposed to be where we all feel relaxed & safe but a crappy neighbour can make it he’ll on Earth.

My neighbour is with a private landlord & really doesn’t give a tit as long as they pay their rent x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
SO glad you’ve got your peace back.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My neighbours are still obsessed with my garden. They believe they own a part of it - it has been proven that they don’t, but they don’t believe their own solicitor nor mine. What irritating things can I put in this part of the garden? I’m not adverse to silly signs as long as they’re within the law 😉

Reactions: 1
My neighbours are still obsessed with my garden. They believe they own a part of it - it has been proven that they don’t, but they don’t believe their own solicitor nor mine. What irritating things can I put in this part of the garden? I’m not adverse to silly signs as long as they’re within the law 😉
Really heavy boulders! That they can’t damage or move!

I moved into some flats before when I was pregnant. I'm 5ft and look young for my age. My new 6ft loudmouth next door neighbour saw this so decided to knock on my door screaming and shouting that she was going to punch my baby out of me. My ex (sons dad) ended up dangling her over the stairs bannister and warning her not to ever threaten his child ever again. Things went quiet for a while. Then she started doing things like slamming doors really loud and other little things to get a rise out of me. One day she woke my baby up slamming the doors so I was like how about I get my child picked up and a kick you one end of this block of the flats to the other. Little miss I'll kick your baby out of you called police. Ended up going to mediation and I said literally all I want is to pretend you don't exist and vice versa. She got offered a new place a few weeks after so decided as a parting shot she would call social services on me. Her house move however fell through. I went to her work and asked to speak to her manager and explained I was an angry neighbour who she had called social services on and if they recieve any anonymous calls made about them they know who to blame - that was the job gone. My sons dad proceeded to bully her partner to the point he broke up with her cause he couldn't take the heat no more. She got a cash in hand job - that was until her ESA letter ended up in my post - so I went into her work to deliver it to her. I ended up getting the housing to move me to a house as I said I feared for my life. When I was moving out she rang housing to complain about me removing furniture from the flat was causing a fire hazard. As I left I went and thanked her as if it wasn't for her bullshit I wouldn't have got my new house. She wanted to kill me but knew I was ready to rock and roll.

My point is sometimes you have to out psycho these horrible nasty people. Nowadays my partner is the local hard man so obviously nobody bothers me lmao.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Really heavy boulders! That they can’t damage or move!
this!

I filled two large plant pots with heavy rocks, soil then planted up with succulents.

When my neighbour was insistent on paving part of my land to extend her driveway by 2ft. As hers wasn’t wide enough for two cars.

Reactions: 4
Lavender.
When we moved house the edge of our front lawn was dead, then I realised it was mums with buggies walking home two abreast from collecting their kids from school. Or the kids riding bikes or scooters on the edge of my lawn.
I thought of several ideas but decided on lavender. It attracts bees and other insects and people avoid going near it

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wind chimes!! I wouldn’t go out in my garden if a neighbour had them, I find them so irritating.

I moved into some flats before when I was pregnant. I'm 5ft and look young for my age. My new 6ft loudmouth next door neighbour saw this so decided to knock on my door screaming and shouting that she was going to punch my baby out of me. My ex (sons dad) ended up dangling her over the stairs bannister and warning her not to ever threaten his child ever again. Things went quiet for a while. Then she started doing things like slamming doors really loud and other little things to get a rise out of me. One day she woke my baby up slamming the doors so I was like how about I get my child picked up and a kick you one end of this block of the flats to the other. Little miss I'll kick your baby out of you called police. Ended up going to mediation and I said literally all I want is to pretend you don't exist and vice versa. She got offered a new place a few weeks after so decided as a parting shot she would call social services on me. Her house move however fell through. I went to her work and asked to speak to her manager and explained I was an angry neighbour who she had called social services on and if they recieve any anonymous calls made about them they know who to blame - that was the job gone. My sons dad proceeded to bully her partner to the point he broke up with her cause he couldn't take the heat no more. She got a cash in hand job - that was until her ESA letter ended up in my post - so I went into her work to deliver it to her. I ended up getting the housing to move me to a house as I said I feared for my life. When I was moving out she rang housing to complain about me removing furniture from the flat was causing a fire hazard. As I left I went and thanked her as if it wasn't for her bullshit I wouldn't have got my new house. She wanted to kill me but knew I was ready to rock and roll.

My point is sometimes you have to out psycho these horrible nasty people. Nowadays my partner is the local hard man so obviously nobody bothers me lmao.
Fair play. Putting these psychos in their place is the way.

Reactions: 3
Fair play. Putting these psychos in their place is the way.
Sometimes you just have to fight fire with fire. I like my neighbours on the one side I have now. The other side are nobs but cause me no bother. Why can't everyone just want to live peacefully. Don't have to be mates with neighbours but is being civil too much?

Reactions: 8
I wanted an early night last night but got woken up by my ring doorbell notifying me of someone at my door. The person who walks their dog across my lawn walked it across my law and let it wonder up my drive to my front door. Staying up tonight to try and catch him to have a word. On what planet do people find that acceptable?

Reactions: 12
I wanted an early night last night but got woken up by my ring doorbell notifying me of someone at my door. The person who walks their dog across my lawn walked it across my law and let it wonder up my drive to my front door. Staying up tonight to try and catch him to have a word. On what planet do people find that acceptable?
Omg they actually come onto your lawn with the dog? Wtf. My ring door bell is useless it scares me at night when it sets off by the wind blowing plants lol. It did set off recently with a neighbour walking straight over to my bins leaning into my garden opening the bin to put their rubbish in. I’ve moved the bins but shouldn’t have to. I think as mentioned earlier all these little things are to antagonise me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I would go over very early in the morning and wake him up to discuss it

Reactions: 8

Have you considered
article-2176583-1424FBF0000005DC-440_306x462.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Omg they actually come onto your lawn with the dog? Wtf. My ring door bell is useless it scares me at night when it sets off by the wind blowing plants lol. It did set off recently with a neighbour walking straight over to my bins leaning into my garden opening the bin to put their rubbish in. I’ve moved the bins but shouldn’t have to. I think as mentioned earlier all these little things are to antagonise me.
Yeah- I have an open garden at the front and I can understand a bit of walking on it because it’s a dog and someone is parked half on the curb outside my house (there’s enough path for one person) but I draw the line on it peeing on my lawn and coming all the way in the middle of it and up my driveway. It’s just not on. I can imagine it gets annoying! I’m quite lucky that I don’t have plants up front but it does ping me everytime my neighbour leaves for work.

I would go over very early in the morning and wake him up to discuss it
I’m not 100% on where he lives- my friend lives a few houses away and has the same problem and she told me they don’t even live on our street! They choose to walk their dog down to a dead end rather than the park which is pretty much next to us.

Reactions: 2
Barbed wire?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.