Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilu22

VIP Member
Polka Dot Shorts… no one ever knows it which makes me think I made it up but no, it definitely existed 😂

Reactions: 5

Offish

VIP Member
Oh so many 😂
Bodger and badger, the silver brumby, chatterhappy ponies, raven (I used to love him 😂), the wild thornberrys, pinky and the brain, art attack obvs, mona the vampire, teenage mutant ninja turtles, home farm twins, top cat…
This has made me so happy trying to remember all these 😀

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Does anyone remember wild house(?) Idk if it was the girl from the queen's nose or just a similar looking blonde girl and she loved animals or something 🤔
yes!!! was this the one where each child (i think two sisters and a brother) would do vlog style messages to camera?

that era of bbc/itv childrens programmes were so great - the queen’s nose, julia jekyll and harriett hyde, the classic adaptions that used to be on bbc on a sunday afternoon (the phoenix and the carpet, the magician’s house etc).

some episodes of round the twist genuinely used to freak me out but sometimes the theme tune will randomly come into my head 🤣

oh i also used to love the cozy weekend evening shows the bbc used to do (call the midwife is not the same!) - merlin, ballykissangel, the absolute masterpiece that was monarch of the glen. i miss them!

mags

VIP Member
Not sure how obscure these are but colleagues (around the same age) mostly don't remember them....

Jamie and the Magic Torch
The Boy From Space 😱 (soooo creepy!)
How We Used To Live
Why Don't You? ("Just switch off your television set and go out and do something less boring instead!")
Junior Kick Start
The Red Hand Gang
The Adventure Game (LOVED this!)
Nanny (more of a family show, I think, but as a kid I loved it.)
Degrassi Junior High
Sweet Valley High
Heartbreak High
Party of Five

Agree with those who said Eerie Indiana....one of my all time faves ❤

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Come outside

Pippin the dog was the cutest 🤩
He was a hero. I always remember him saving Auntie Mabel when she got herself locked in her pantry, and her chip pan caught fire. Pippin went and found the fire brigade, who knew him by name, and saved auntie's life.

• Heart
Funny Bones
Charlie Chalk
Spooks of Bottle Bay - I was absolutely obsessed with this show 🙈
Bernard’s Watch
The Family Ness
Penny Crayon
Oh my goodness someone else remembers spooks of bottle bay! I absolutely loved it! Every now and then I find myself singing the theme tune

• Heart
Reactions: 4

mags

VIP Member
I remember reading some of the books of that. IIRC it went a bit strange near the end.
I remember having a few of the books but they didn't leave a lasting impression. Judy Blume's books though...I felt so 'grown up' reading those! 😁

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I remember watching the last Alex mack episode but don't remember much else apart from Alex breaking into the bad company's building to try to expose them, the bad woman flying off in a helicopter to avoid being caught and the "useless" man that the bad woman always told to find the girl and he never managed to find her: actually knew it was Alex all along and just played dumb because he didn't want her to be hurt.

So much nostalgia reading this thread. Amazing how many shows you kind of forget about and then you see the name and you're taken back to your childhood.

See how they run is on YouTube. I'm going to rewatch it at some point! Although sometimes it ruins it when you watch something again as an adult and wonder why you liked something so rubbish 🙈 more of a teenage show than a childhood show but I tried watching Moesha on Netflix and I couldn't manage more than a few episodes 😂
I thoguht this sounded familiar, was it based on this book? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/552935.See_How_They_Run
we read that at school
I was obsessed with Clarissa Explains it all , she just seemed like the coolest person ever when I was a child, as you say though who knows how it would be if i saw it now :ROFLMAO: That said I have seen a lot of Sabrina episodes recently and they are still good!

• Haha

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Does anybody remember Genie in the House? sitcom on Nickelodeon U.K., about a British family who end up having a genie living with them, the genie can grant wishes, teenage kids are forbade from making wishes but chaos ensues…. I used to love it.

Or more specifically I used to love the website 😆 there was a section on the website where you could message the genie and ask him questions, to grant you a wish, etc - and at the bottom of the message he would respond to you. I used to tell him all about my life 🙄🤣
There was a section where you could read scripts for the show as well, I don’t know how I did it but one day I managed to edit the scripts to say nonsense, adding my name in, making up stories about myself (I was convinced if the scripts were there they would ‘have’ to create an episode about me 🤨) - but the scripts saved like that. As in, you could see the edits made on other devices. typically I couldn’t recreate how I’d done it to revert the changes either!
So i apologise to whoever was running that website because I was a fucking menace hahaha 😆

• Haha

Qwerty123

Someone mentioned Old Bear Stories which I’d forgotten all about but loved!

Tottie and the Dolls house or something like that. And the Perishers.

keytotruth

VIP Member
Williams wish wellingtons
Wish bone
Brum
Bernard's watch

Our TV was so much better than what's on these days

Lilu22

VIP Member
Anyone else remember Bamzooki? I used to spend ages creating Zooks in the hope I’d get on the show! 😂

• Heart