Oasis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Starting this thread because 1. There must be other fans here,

and 2, just randomly listening to them and laughing out loud that one of their top 12 best songs is called Fuckin’ In The Bushes.

They really did that though. The best walk-on song I’ve ever heard live.

Anyone else eternally mad fer it? This is not about Liam vs Noel! Just to appreciate the music ✌🏻

and before Bushes, to me, this was the ultimate opening song!

---
Also, when did you first get into Oasis? Do you have a favourite song or album? Any fun or funny memories?

I had heard a couple of singles and liked them, but I literally remember where I was when I heard Live Forever, it honestly blew my mind, it was the best thing my young teen-self had heard. From that moment there was no looking back, mad fer it forever.

I’ve been lucky enough to see them a few times over the years, they never missed. Nothing can beat an Oasis gig and crowd. Like you’re walking back from the venue to the nearest station and a whole crowd of voices is singing “SOOOO Sally can waaaait” omg I love it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah, count me in @Sideboard Bob . Seen them numerous times mate! We travelled up to Maine Road for their concert!

bleeping mad fer it! Absolutely brilliant time. Seen them at Earls.Court too. Still love them. The day I bought their first album was a game changer! Live Forever is my favourite amongst many!

bleeping mad ferrrr it!!! 💗

---
Live Forever. One of my faves. Can remember this at Maine Road completely gone! 💗💗💗

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Yeah, count me in @Sideboard Bob . Seen them numerous times mate! We travelled up to Maine Road for their concert!

bleeping mad fer it! Absolutely brilliant time. Seen them at Earls.Court too. Still love them. The day I bought their first album was a game changer! Live Forever is my favourite amongst many!

bleeping mad ferrrr it!!! 💗

---
Live Forever. One of my faves. Can remember this at Maine Road completely gone! 💗💗💗

Omg yas @CrazyBaldhead ! I made this thread when I was tipsy last weekend, and didn’t think anyone else would join in! 🤣

You were at two of their most iconic gigs, that’s amazing!

This is one of my favourite versions of Live Forever, Liam’s voice sounds angelic!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Omg yas @CrazyBaldhead ! I made this thread when I was tipsy last weekend, and didn’t think anyone else would join in! 🤣

You were at two of their most iconic gigs, that’s amazing!

This is one of my favourite versions of Live Forever, Liam’s voice sounds angelic!

Absolutely beautiful mate. bleeping mad fer it. 💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Absolutely beautiful mate. bleeping mad fer it. 💗💗
Isn’t it gorgeous!

Speaking of brilliant live versions, this version of Slide Away from Glastonbury. 1995 is epic. Especially from the “don’t know, don’t care, all I know is I can take you there” part onwards 😍

• Heart
Love Oasis. Sadly never seen them - I was meant to see them for the first time at V Festival 2009, which they dropped out of, then they broke up shortly after.

I've seen Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds a few times though - really like his first two albums.

• Heart
Love Oasis. Sadly never seen them - I was meant to see them for the first time at V Festival 2009, which they dropped out of, then they broke up shortly after.

I've seen Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds a few times though - really like his first two albums.
Oh no. I feel so bad for everyone who just missed out on seeing them on that tour.

I love Noel live, and love his solo career! He’s so funny, in a really dry way.

If you like his first two albums then you might not agree (and I totally respect that), but I always wish he‘d go more experimental with his music, he’s got it in him. He was due to release a whole psychedelic album with Amorphous Androgynous around the time of his solo debut but it didn’t happen.

This is my favourite from Chasing Yesterday, and probably my fave Noel track, it’s SO dreamy.

Back to Oasis, what about the b-sides?! I was just thinking today about how Don’t Look Back In Anger had the underrated classic, Underneath The Sky followed by their brilliant version of Cum On Feel The Noize.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Jesus Christ, really gone back to the first album Definitely Maybe. Utter masterpiece!

I am loving this thread right now! Back soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

So glad I saw them at the start! At Earls Court, back in the day, they had The Verve supporting them! Oh wow! Shook me to the core that band! Introduced me to Richard Ashcroft !!!!!

Followed him ASAP- his brilliance waa outstanding - immediate fan - what a sensation!! 💗💗💗

• Heart
Love Definitely, Maybe. My favourite Oasis album, sorry if that's cliche.
If it‘s a cliche it’s for a good reason, it’s just nonstop perfection, it doesn’t miss. Do you, or any others here have a favourite song from it?

I can’t pick, but after Live Forever, Columbia was their next song to make me go “WOW!” All of it, but the “come on, come on” and the “yeah yeah yeah” parts are just 🔥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh no. I feel so bad for everyone who just missed out on seeing them on that tour.

I love Noel live, and love his solo career! He’s so funny, in a really dry way.

If you like his first two albums then you might not agree (and I totally respect that), but I always wish he‘d go more experimental with his music, he’s got it in him. He was due to release a whole psychedelic album with Amorphous Androgynous around the time of his solo debut but it didn’t happen.

This is my favourite from Chasing Yesterday, and probably my fave Noel track, it’s SO dreamy.

Back to Oasis, what about the b-sides?! I was just thinking today about how Don’t Look Back In Anger had the underrated classic, Underneath The Sky followed by their brilliant version of Cum On Feel The Noize.
What an awesome track that was. Beautiful beyond words. Love it. Going to play it again. 💗

• Heart
What an awesome track that was. Beautiful beyond words. Love it. Going to play it again. 💗
I’m so glad you liked it, that’s it, it’s beautiful beyond words, like you said. I was the same when I first heard it, I had to listen to right again.

The woman singing is Joy Rose, her voice is so gorgeous and works so well with Noel’s.

• Heart
If it‘s a cliche it’s for a good reason, it’s just nonstop perfection, it doesn’t miss. Do you, or any others here have a favourite song from it?

I can’t pick, but after Live Forever, Columbia was their next song to make me go “WOW!” All of it, but the “come on, come on” and the “yeah yeah yeah” parts are just 🔥
Columbia!!!!!!!!! 🤪🤪

What a song man!!

---
"I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me".

This is confusion. am I confusing you? 😍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Columbia!!!!!!!!! 🤪🤪

What a song man!!

---
"I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me".

This is confusion. am I confusing you? 😍
It’s so EPIC!! Oasis were the best for BIG songs that just make you love life.

Oh, I came across a fab demo version of Columbia, I’ll see if I can find it…
---
ok so I couldn’t find THE demo version of Columbia, but I remembered this one while I was looking! Snakebite! An old demo from before they were signed.

I used to be obsessed with this one! Back in the day I would buy Oasis bootleg tapes and CDs from markets and find songs like this.

The best one was an unplugged, acoustic collection called “Undrugged”, it had a version of Noel singing Live Forever where he sang “maybe you’re the same as me, you take two sugars in your tea” 🤣

I can be a bit geeky about Oasis, but I don’t think everyone has to be like that to be a fan, it’s just about loving the music ✌🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
bleeping love this @Sideboard Bob. Honestly would love a beer with you as love Madonna too.

Let's put this gem out there! 😍

I was just thinking that! Me too, we share so much of the same music tastes! 🍻

Yes! Omg it still sounds just as beautiful today.

It makes you really appreciate the all music and the strings 😍

And this classic ❤

---
Haha, I‘d forgetten how good this video is, Noel with his Maccy D’s 🤣

IMG_4785.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
And don't ever forget this one! 😍😍

Never!

I still remember when I first heard Champagne Supernova, I couldn’t believe they’d done THAT! I was listening to What’s the Story, for the first time, and it comes after two bangers, She“s Electric and Morning Glory, so hearing it for the first time really was a surprise, in a good way.

Last edited:
  • Heart