Northern Ireland #6 Craic, Conflict and Current Affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how many of those protesters have ever been in full time employment, or any other kind of employment šŸ™„
A lot of ex colleagues were there, I used to work in the IFSC - well paid, educated people actually love. If I was still living in Dublin Iā€™d have been right there with them.

The homeless crisis in Dublin is both shocking and horrifying, the government have no place moving people into random office blocks when theyā€™ve families living in tents along the grand canal.

Reactions: 1
A lot of ex colleagues were there, I used to work in the IFSC - well paid, educated people actually love. If I was still living in Dublin Iā€™d have been right there with them.

The homeless crisis in Dublin is both shocking and horrifying, the government have no place moving people into random office blocks when theyā€™ve families living in tents along the grand canal.
Itā€™s shocking in Dublin, kids getting handed meals on the street, weā€™ve got a massive homeless problem but a child would never have to sleep on the street theyā€™d find them somewhere even if it wasnā€™t in their local area they really need to sort out the migrant problem for everyoneā€™s sake.

Reactions: 2
I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to blame asylum seekers or economic migrants for homelessness though, and itā€™s not right for crowds to congregate outside where they live.

If Iā€™d just arrived from the Ukraine, Iā€™d be absolutely terrified.

Funny how there arenā€™t crowds congregating in Cherry Orchard or at the dart stations to protest against anti social behaviour šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 5
Itā€™s shocking in Dublin, kids getting handed meals on the street, weā€™ve got a massive homeless problem but a child would never have to sleep on the street theyā€™d find them somewhere even if it wasnā€™t in their local area they really need to sort out the migrant problem for everyoneā€™s sake.
I follow a man who provides food to families, and he put up that a family had to leave their home. She stays at home with young / additional needs children and the husband works but could no longer cover the mortgage - she told the council that they needed housing and they gave her a tent but said if she took the tent they would contact TUSLA.

Iā€™m also in wedding pages where people were having their weddings cancelled with minimal notice because the govt had offered the hotel contracts to house migrants instead.

I have nothing against anyone going to any country to seek a better life, the majority of us would do the same in their position and indeed a lot of our ancestors did the same going to America, England or australia but what I donā€™t get is why they can find safe accommodation for people coming into the country but not for those already here, whatever their nationality.

Reactions: 3
https://news.sky.com/story/eus-ursu...ncouraging-meetings-with-rishi-sunak-12759596EU's Ursula von der Leyen 'very confident' NI Protocol solution can be found after 'encouraging' meetings with Rishi SunakView attachment 1775141

Sicko šŸ¤¢ those poor girls
What the hell did I just read? His own baby daughter? šŸ’” Raped his 5 year old niece and admits still being sexually attracted to her? šŸ˜” why donā€™t they do us a favour and bring back the death penalty for sick bastards like this?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I follow a man who provides food to families, and he put up that a family had to leave their home. She stays at home with young / additional needs children and the husband works but could no longer cover the mortgage - she told the council that they needed housing and they gave her a tent but said if she took the tent they would contact TUSLA.
Is this post available publicly?

it sounds odd because councils donā€™t hand out tents and there are a LOT of protections for people in trouble with mortgages.

The banks HAVE to engage with people in difficulties.

if youā€™d said their landlord took back the house, that would seem a more likely scenario.

ETA: I donā€™t doubt you at all, Iā€™m sure youā€™re completely sincere, but the story sounds kind of off to me.

What the hell did I just read? His own baby daughter? šŸ’” Raped his 5 year old niece and admits still being sexually attracted to her? šŸ˜” why donā€™t they do us a favour and bring back the death penalty for sick bastards like this?
Hard to believe these creatures walk amongst us :sick:

it sounds odd because councils donā€™t hand out tents and there are a LOT of protections for people in trouble with mortgages.

if youā€™d said their landlord took back the house, that would seem a more likely scenario.
It was posted by Ken Smollen an ex TD for I think Offaly, it was a month or so ago I think let me see if I can find it, he posts quite a lot.

ETA: I donā€™t doubt you at all, Iā€™m sure youā€™re completely sincere, but the story sounds kind of off to me.
Apologies / they may have been renting. My mistake. I probably muddled two stories - the things he posts are heartbreaking!

Attachments

• Sad
Kanyes gone totally mad, if you haven't seen his antics today with his fishing net puppet you should.
That's how Bryson will end up.

Iā€™m also in wedding pages where people were having their weddings cancelled with minimal notice because the govt had offered the hotel contracts to house migrants instead.

I have nothing against anyone going to any country to seek a better life, the majority of us would do the same in their position and indeed a lot of our ancestors did the same going to America, England or australia but what I donā€™t get is why they can find safe accommodation for people coming into the country but not for those already here, whatever their nationality.
I remember seeing them handing out pasta and sauce to primary age kids that were living on the st with their families ;(
They moved the Ukrainians to Trabolgan holiday village , most of them aren't happy about having to upsticks every few months ,one woman was on talking about her autistic son that's doing really well at a Dublin school but he'll have to find another placement now they're having to move and she thinks it'll undo all the progress he's made .

• Sad
It was posted by Ken Smollen an ex TD for I think Offaly, it was a month or so ago I think let me see if I can find it, he posts quite a lot.

Apologies / they may have been renting. My mistake. I probably muddled two stories - the things he posts are heartbreaking!
Cheers, that makes sense now ā¤

yeah the rental situation is horrific, the Airbnb situation doesnā€™t help as well as the lack of protection for renters šŸ™

I remember seeing them handing out pasta and sauce to primary age kids that were living on the st with their families ;(
They moved the Ukrainians to Trabolgan holiday village , most of them aren't happy about having to upsticks every few months ,one woman was on talking about her autistic son that's doing really well at a Dublin school but he'll have to find another placement now they're having to move and she thinks it'll undo all the progress he's made .
Itā€™s horrible seeing them all queuing for food outside the GPO. When we were there last month there were protestors outside at the Luas stop in tents, with police vans watching them.

• Sad
Last edited:
Looks like another hit, man in his 50ā€™s targeted attack.
Hmmmm I've seen that area mentioned with something to do with the continuity. Winters.

Actually scratch that, it may have been a dealer.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.