Norris Nuts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't remember the title of the video where Sabre went to a party and a boy she liked kissed another girl, but I remember when I watched it thinking that it seemed a little made up to me. Sabre has no friends so where did she suddenly get an invite to a party, plus, as if Brooke, being as controlling as she is, would have let her go in the first place.

Reactions: 4
I can't remember the title of the video where Sabre went to a party and a boy she liked kissed another girl, but I remember when I watched it thinking that it seemed a little made up to me. Sabre has no friends so where did she suddenly get an invite to a party, plus, as if Brooke, being as controlling as she is, would have let her go in the first place.
Yes I thought this too when sabre was in America at a competition naz said to sabre over the phone about her friend “Abby” but sabre said “what you have a friend we don’t have any friends” which is actually quite sad I doubt their was ever even a party Brooke would never in a million years let sabre go to a teenage party with boys

Reactions: 5
I think it was their last to leave the deck/backyard? I thought it was the boy that invited her to the party and then when she turned up he was kissing another girl. Justin seemed more attentive in the video to Sabre - dropping her off and then staying on his phone waiting for her to text that she got in ok and met up with her friend, etc. Brooke was too busy to even help Sabre get ready - or maybe wouldn't help as she disapproved? :unsure:

It was strange how she suddenly had a friend and was invited to a party, but I remember in a more recent video Brooke had gotten the contact details of a fan who lived locally and said that they had a crush on Sabre (who then facetimed him only to find out that it was Sockie who he had a crush on). Not sure if its just me but I found that odd that she would get his number and try to set him up with Sabre? Like she was picking him to be her friend/allowing her to be friend with him? Idk it just seemed odd

Reactions: 6
Ok, so I’m 18 and was introduced to the Norris nuts by my little sister who is 11 now around the time Disco was born. I thought they were great and found it quite heartwarming to see kids in their early and preteen years actually act in what seemed an age appropriate manner as today it seems many children are growing up way too quickly. However, now having seen how Sabre behaves and is treated in comparison to others her age (e.g. Mia from Family Fizz or just how I was at 15) I do think that they are very stunted in their behaviour as there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference in Sabre’s personality compared to Naz’s yet she is 6 years older, so should be much more mature. I admit I can still be very immature, and do spend a lot of time messing around with my sister, but at the same time I don’t wear tutu dresses and white tights and even my sister grew out of wearing that sort of thing a few years ago. I really do think Brooke is trying to keep her children looking and acting young for the camera and hope Justin notices that Sabre and Sockie are now teenagers and lets them grow into mature women, not keeping them as little girls. I admire how close and caring they are for their siblings, but that is probably because they are their only friends. I think Justin is a lot more lenient and turns a blind eye because he doesn’t want his kids to grow up (as all parents don’t) and hope soon accepts that they will and allows them to mature. There is no way Sabre is going to manage with driving when she never even walks anywhere on her own and can’t cross a road. In a video last year (I think) they were doing last to leave the garden and Sabre went to a party and even mentioned how she was meeting a friend there and how she was ‘heartbroken’ because a boy she liked kissed another girl. Where are all these friends now? I feel like once their friends started growing up and Sabre and Sockie were still behaving like children, they just got left behind and allowed themselves to become stunted by their mother so they can appeal to their audience as relatable, although I doubt any of their viewers are actually the same age as them. My 14 year old sister finds the Norris nuts cringy and (although she can be very immature herself) finds them too childish to watch, were as my 11 year old sister loves them and her and her friends always talk about them and she’s constantly begging are mum to check the merch site so she’s can get some and always wants to borrow my phone to watch their latest videos. I think once my sister gets into secondary school and matures, her and her friends will grow out of them and kids who loved the Norris nuts will no longer want to watch teenagers fight over chocolates as if they were toddlers.

Also, does anyone find it weird how before they used to do last to leave challenges for $1000 but now do it for things such as all you can eat McDonald’s. If anything they should be more able to afford such a prize as those videos bring in the most views, 2 months ago they did last to leave the bed for $1000 and that was the first video like that they’ve done for a while and it got 10 million views. Plus, I’ve always thought it’s weird how for every challenge each kid has a budget and must buy new things for two reasons. Firstly; they seemingly never learn so always buy stupid things like loads of sweets, instead of somewhere to sleep. Secondly; they’ve down enough challenges now that they pretty much have enough supplies bought now so couldn’t they just use what they already have, instead of giving a couple hundred dollars to your kids just for them to throw it away on crap. They don’t seem to do last to leave challenges as much and seem to do a lot of cooking, but don’t actually cook. At 13 and 15 Sabre and Sockie should at least now basics about cooking (like how to turn the heat down so hot oil doesn’t splash you and your food doesn’t burn) yet every challenge seem to just make something really easy but tasty so they win. For someone who idolises Gordon Ramsay, Sockie doesn’t seem to have much knowledge about cooking, at 13 I would make my family dinner every Tuesday as both my parents would come home late, yet Sockie can’t tell the difference between 3 and a 1/4 and 3/4, prancing around in a chef costume and pretending to cook isn’t cooking. As many others have commented here, why don’t her parents get her cooking lessons, they seem to be able to afford homeschooling tutors, separate editing computers for each child, I’m pretty sure they all are learning the guitar, skate and surfing gear, endless cash thrown away on challenges and $50,000 spent so she can meet Gordon Ramsay, but don’t bother to actually teach her how to cook.

I don’t have anything against their kids, I think they are just extremely sheltered by their parents and feel very sorry for them as I can’t imagine my entire life pretty much revolving around my home and family. I love my sisters and parents but am glad that I went to school and made friends, and was pushed by my parents to be independent, like getting myself to school and helping out with cooking, cleaning etc, life skills parent are meant to teach their children but it seems Brooke and Justin don’t seem to do this.

Sorry this is long, I hope I haven’t offended any one with my comment.
Agreed! I would like to see their channel grow with them. It would be nice to see a regular day-to-day simple vlog instead of the challenges and now recreating tiktoks. I know they get a lot of views from those but do people really want to watch an 18, 16, 14 and 12 year old running around playing hide and seek and leaping over each other to get a small treat like young preteens in a few years’ time? They started out as the surfing/skating kids of a former Olympic athlete, now we see none of that. I think Brooke’s goal is definitely to keep them ‘on brand’ as little kids for as long as possible, at least until Disco and Charm can take up “the mantle”. The lack of life skills (especially seen in Sockie dressing in a chef’s outfit yet needing help to even turn on the stove at 13) and their sharing a room is what annoys me the most. I would hope that off camera they are a little more relaxed and do actually get to socialize more with other kids on their own privately, but so much of their life is shared on youtube that I really doubt it. I really only watch them because the kids I nanny for love them but I do look forward to the day they grow out of them!

Last edited:
Ok, is no one going to mention the fact that in the latest cooking video, Sockie cut the burned bits off her pancake, because ‘burned food gives you cancer’
I don’t know whether to laugh or be horrified.

This is a horrible thought and I hope im wrong, but what if they are abused and thats why they wear tights and don't show their legs. What if they have bruises or burns or something?

Reactions: 1
This is a horrible thought and I hope im wrong, but what if they are abused and thats why they wear tights and don't show their legs. What if they have bruises or burns or something?
I don’t think so, because they wear shorts and other clothes that show more of their bodies when they’ve done videos of them exercising and when they go swimming. Although there could be some other things going on, causing them to fear their mum’s judgement, like when Naz didn’t finish her milkshake.

These kids are defo going to end up with eating disorders when they grow up... sorry I mean if they grow up. Brooks seems to be a control freak of sorts.

For sure......I'm worried they'll become anorexic with how much sugar they're not eating. sadly, it's not like we can actually help them, although I wish we could

Reactions: 3
Didn't Sabre say in their sizzle reel that once a week they have pizza and drinks and watch a movie or something? Something just doesn't add up because they get so excited over one tiny bit of chocolate. Maybe she was being clever or something so that if they got the show they will have to get pizza, but I kind of think if it was like that Brooke would have made her edit that part out.

Didn't Sabre say in their sizzle reel that once a week they have pizza and drinks and watch a movie or something? Something just doesn't add up because they get so excited over one tiny bit of chocolate. Maybe she was being clever or something so that if they got the show they will have to get pizza, but I kind of think if it was like that Brooke would have made her edit that part out.
Hmm, I would believe that they have a takeaway night and watch movies but I doubt that the kids get as much pizza as you'd think. I'm guessing the kids get 1-2 slices alongside salads or their microwave veggies if they're lucky.
Their vlogs make it seem like they live off takeaways/uber eats but could be filmed once a week on their pizza/movie nights - we've seen in them how sometimes the kids get salads while the parents and Disco eat more substantially. We've also seen in the vlogs that there is plenty of treats (sweets, chocolates, soft drinks) in the house but that they're for Justin and Brooke to eat - not the kids.

Hmm, I would believe that they have a takeaway night and watch movies but I doubt that the kids get as much pizza as you'd think. I'm guessing the kids get 1-2 slices alongside salads or their microwave veggies if they're lucky.
Their vlogs make it seem like they live off takeaways/uber eats but could be filmed once a week on their pizza/movie nights - we've seen in them how sometimes the kids get salads while the parents and Disco eat more substantially. We've also seen in the vlogs that there is plenty of treats (sweets, chocolates, soft drinks) in the house but that they're for Justin and Brooke to eat - not the kids.
Good point, I'm, also surprised they even have those nights

Oh poor Sabre, in their latest video the pink skirt, no sweetheart. You're 15!

Do find that their clothing style is a bit different anyway...

Dont understand this family at all!

Reactions: 1
Oh poor Sabre, in their latest video the pink skirt, no sweetheart. You're 15!

Do find that their clothing style is a bit different anyway...

Dont understand this family at all!
Have to agree with you about their clothing style! Very odd - I've never seen any kids dress like they do. It's not necessarily bad but just out there.

I find that they're either in the head-to-toe matching sets (headbands, jacket, shirt, pants, shoes) like their Stella McCartney active wear or that banana outfit that Sockie wears (that she always wears the empty backback with??). Or they're in their high-brand clothes but poorly matched.

They've got the look in that they have really nice clothes and can look good wearing them but its not what you see most regular kids wearing and its not what you would see in fashion magazines/models either? Hard to explain!

Reactions: 2
Have to agree with you about their clothing style! Very odd - I've never seen any kids dress like they do. It's not necessarily bad but just out there.

I find that they're either in the head-to-toe matching sets (headbands, jacket, shirt, pants, shoes) like their Stella McCartney active wear or that banana outfit that Sockie wears (that she always wears the empty backback with??). Or they're in their high-brand clothes but poorly matched.

They've got the look in that they have really nice clothes and can look good wearing them but its not what you see most regular kids wearing and its not what you would see in fashion magazines/models either? Hard to explain!
They are dressed in full on outfits, everything matches. Its just not clothing I see kids normally wear

I feel sorry for them they have to constantly put on a show. Oh and the shouting, the bloody shouting. Just talk normally, we can hear you perfectly well. The food challenges, unhealthy obsession with what’s ‘bad’ but for the vlog they can shovel as much ’bad’ tit as they like for the camera. The mother is a control freak. Aren’t they meant to be home schooled....when on earth do they have time to do that? They are constantly dressing up, eating ‘bad’ stuff, visiting the mall, buying gifts, doing pranks. They must be exhausted. I will now jump down from my soap box 😊

I feel sorry for them they have to constantly put on a show. Oh and the shouting, the bloody shouting. Just talk normally, we can hear you perfectly well. The food challenges, unhealthy obsession with what’s ‘bad’ but for the vlog they can shovel as much ’bad’ tit as they like for the camera. The mother is a control freak. Aren’t they meant to be home schooled....when on earth do they have time to do that? They are constantly dressing up, eating ‘bad’ stuff, visiting the mall, buying gifts, doing pranks. They must be exhausted. I will now jump down from my soap box 😊
Couldn’t agree more. I doubt they get to spend much time even doing homeschooling; especially if it interferes with the youtube schedule and their 4 channels (counting Playtown). Sockie is interested in being a chef yet has never been enrolled in any kind of cooking classes (where she would learn how to not burn food), does not know basic measurements and is afraid of the stove. As it has been said, they are in for a rude awakening when they get older – as adults they may feel they’ve been exploited and resent having their childhood wasted away making so many embarrassing videos and having no chance to make friends or just be 'off' and get to do things without it being filmed.

I can’t believe Sabre isn’t embarrassed by what she films for Norris Nuts Playtime.

I would love to see them do a Vlog going to ‘normal’ school. I used to enjoy seeing them skate and surf. It feels like we haven’t seen them skate or compete in ages.

I can’t believe Sabre isn’t embarrassed by what she films for Norris Nuts Playtime.

I would love to see them do a Vlog going to ‘normal’ school. I used to enjoy seeing them skate and surf. It feels like we haven’t seen them skate or compete in ages.
I do wonder if sabre has stoped skating because of whatever is wrong with her, but yes I agree it would be nicer to watch them jus5 doing normal everyday things, I used to watch them daily with my 8 yr old but I’ve tried to discourage her as it’s just ridiculous challenges spending extreme amounts of money on useless things

Reactions: 2
I do wonder if sabre has stoped skating because of whatever is wrong with her, but yes I agree it would be nicer to watch them jus5 doing normal everyday things, I used to watch them daily with my 8 yr old but I’ve tried to discourage her as it’s just ridiculous challenges spending extreme amounts of money on useless things
I remember their video ages ago where Sabre was considering quitting youtube as her skating career was looking very promising at the time - x-games and mentions of competing in the 2020 olympics. But there was no follow up video to it with her decision. I wonder what happened to her olympics dream as it was not mentioned after that (obviously this was all before the virus etc. so the olympics were still scheduled to proceed). If it was because of her medical condition thats very understandable but I do wonder about the other kids aswell? I think they have stopped pursuing them in favor of youtube which is really sad.

All the kids were extremely good for their ages in skateboarding and would place really well in local comps. They also had the massive ramps (custom made?) at the back of Justin's business where they used to live to practice on but we hardly see that anymore. The same with their surfing - although there always seems to be a board or two in the back of their car so they may still do that for fun.

Their normal everyday vlogs are what made their channel so appealing to many in the beginning! Now every video is a challenge or game it's all very performative and doesn't feel real. The spending money on useless things before each challenge only to buy nearly the same thing again in the next video really gets me. They must have 10+ sleeping bags and little camping chairs from the 24-hour challenges, presumably never to be used again!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.