Norris Nuts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not from Australia I’m from the whole other side of the world but hope this doesn’t sound mean but why doesn’t sabre get braces (her teeth are very crooked sorry if that sounded mean) but it’s not like they can’t afford them, are braces very expensive in Australia like there expensive where I live but most people still get them
Her teeth aren't too bad but yeah most would normally have had braces by her age. It could be to do with her growth issues? I had to wait until I finished growing to get braces put on. As Sabre's taking growth hormones she's still growing and developing so she might get them after that or as an adult? Braces are really expensive in Australia but as you said they can definitely afford it - maybe she has invisalign but doesn't mention it?

Reactions: 1
Her teeth aren't too bad but yeah most would normally have had braces by her age. It could be to do with her growth issues? I had to wait until I finished growing to get braces put on. As Sabre's taking growth hormones she's still growing and developing so she might get them after that or as an adult? Braces are really expensive in Australia but as you said they can definitely afford it - maybe she has invisalign but doesn't mention it?
Oh yeah maybe it’s because of her delayed growth she could have Invisalign but they’d probably of made a whole video about it

Their newest video was so... idk the word but really. James Charles. Really? To judge a makeup competition where they are literally smearing makeup on their faces. You could tell he was trying so hard to come up with good things to say. Oof I felt bad for him.
Yeah I thought a bit odd to have him judge their makeup because it was obviously a joke well maybe not but biggy must of known eyelash glue doesn’t go all over your face

Honestly all of Brooke's rules are starting to annoy me, like making Sabre a 15 year old have a happy meal but I'm glad that she let Sabre keep the outfit she had on for the video

I've just remembered in a vlog brooke walked in on the kids in the garage after they'd been surfing. sockie was covered in a long black rectangle (editing) and after she walked in brooke immediately covered sockie up on the camera with her hand. does this mean that sockie was either trouser-less, shirtless, just in her underwear or maybe even naked! and all the other kids were in the garage too. i'm wondering if the kids have to get changed in front of each other, they've maybe even seen each other naked-is it just me or is this kinda weird?
I have wondered, the same and even in their telepathy clothes challenges i wonder how they get hat to work...

I’m not from Australia I’m from the whole other side of the world but hope this doesn’t sound mean but why doesn’t sabre get braces (her teeth are very crooked sorry if that sounded mean) but it’s not like they can’t afford them, are braces very expensive in Australia like there expensive where I live but most people still get them
Hey hun, I live in australia, 3 hours from The Norris Nuts. Braces on average cost 2000-4000 but you know what, they spent so much money on meeting Gordon, they clearly have the capacity to pay for necessary things like braces for their 15 year old...

Honestly all of Brooke's rules are starting to annoy me, like making Sabre a 15 year old have a happy meal but I'm glad that she let Sabre keep the outfit she had on for the video
OMG !!! I was actually getting so pissed watching their recent video about recreating Charli's tiktoks. When i was in grade 7 (12) i started wearing crop tops with jeans or tracksuit pants, sometimes (but very rarely) with shorts. As i have said in my previous comments, i used to love their channels. I dont know what has happened to them. The fame has gotten to Brookes head and now everything is about her and the money. As i have said, their prizes are so little like i eat a bag of lollies when im watching a movie, or even just because i want to. Never have i seen them eating an iceblock or zooper dooper as we call them on a hot day. I am beginning to like Biggy more, since Sabre and Sockie are becoming very intolerant. I feel bad for Sabre because she is only doing or saying what she is told or shown is right or how someone her age acts. I have seen some people on this thread like oh my god how do they not know what 3/4 is and I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION, however we are not born knowing things. It is our teachers and our parents who teach us things, so clearly Brooke has not done the whole homeschool thing correctly...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Their rooms, the whole house just looks so sterile to me. Not sure if they are going for a minimalist look or what but it really doesn't seem all that "lived-in".

Also in the makeup video Sabre was back with her white tights, which only really work for 5 year olds, and the way her mom was acting about crop tops was so weird. She definitely is acting younger because of her mom

Their rooms, the whole house just looks so sterile to me. Not sure if they are going for a minimalist look or what but it really doesn't seem all that "lived-in".
I agree!! It feels so much like a show house until you see in their garage. That seems to be where the kids play/hang out the most. I feel like everything gets chucked in there to make the rest of the house so sterile. It has their guitars, the piles of shoes we all have in our houses near the door, Disco's toys, the older kids toys/mini cars, and a big comfy couch (unlike the little ones they have in their living room).

I think as the house was designed by a local architect they try to keep it minimalistic and stylish. I remember in one video (maybe a slime making one?) they were scared when they spilled some on the floor because Brooke was precious about the concrete(?) floors or something and worried that it would stain. Maybe that's why a lot of their cooking videos are shot at their second old house now?

Reactions: 3
The kids shoving the McDonalds down there throats before their parents would take it away really rubbed me the wrong way. I have never been afraid of eating something in front of my parents. When I was 15 my mom really had no control over what I ate. I would make my own food if I wanted something different, I had my own money to eat out if I wanted. I could eat chocolate until I puked and my mom would just say told you so. Its just so weird to me that Sabre is scared about having a big mac taken away. She is going to drive next year and she cant even make her own meal choice!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The kids shoving the McDonalds down there throats before their parents would take it away really rubbed me the wrong way. I have never been afraid of eating something in front of my parents. When I was 15 my mom really had no control over what I ate. I would make my own food if I wanted something different, I had my own money to eat out if I wanted. I could eat chocolate until I puked and my mom would just say told you so. Its just so weird to me that Sabre is scared about having a big mac taken away. She is going to drive next year and she cant even make her own meal choice!
I know it’s so controlling sabres not 6 she knows what’s healthy and what not

Does anyone else find it weird how sabre never wears jeans or any “teenager” clothes she always wear frilly colourful dresses and hair bands

Reactions: 2
I feel like it was a little step forward that they allowed Sabre to wear the crop top in the most recent video - maybe now that she's growing and they will ease up on her and let her do more age appropriate things? Both parents just said "it looks different" but we didn't see any yelling or forcing her to change (as we have previously seen). Clothes wise maybe we will also see Sabre's style preferences change too as she grows and matures - she can pass down her frilly tutu dresses to Naz (who would love them and is at the age where she can wear them). I think the growth thing probably did have an effect on her maturity.

Regarding the food I think they were lucky that Justin didn't seem to tell Brooke that they had bought McDonalds. He seems to be a bit looser regarding these things - they definitely wouldn't have tried the prank if Brooke was driving them!

Charm looked so sweet watching the tiktoks with them at the end of the video too!

• Heart
I feel like it was a little step forward that they allowed Sabre to wear the crop top in the most recent video - maybe now that she's growing and they will ease up on her and let her do more age appropriate things? Both parents just said "it looks different" but we didn't see any yelling or forcing her to change (as we have previously seen). Clothes wise maybe we will also see Sabre's style preferences change too as she grows and matures - she can pass down her frilly tutu dresses to Naz (who would love them and is at the age where she can wear them). I think the growth thing probably did have an effect on her maturity.

Regarding the food I think they were lucky that Justin didn't seem to tell Brooke that they had bought McDonalds. He seems to be a bit looser regarding these things - they definitely wouldn't have tried the prank if Brooke was driving them!

Charm looked so sweet watching the tiktoks with them at the end of the video too!
I though that too, also on Sabre's tiktok she wore a crop top and shorts while dancing

Reactions: 2
See, some families have their teen daughters wear crop tops and tiny bikinis and high heels. But others? I feel like brooke (and maybe Justin) are trying to make sabre as childish as possible, to fit in with the very 'family-friendly' atmosphere of there channel. Even for Naz it feels like the bunny thing is half forced-probably because her parents and siblings are always chatting about bunny this bunny that. Even though it is kind of cute in way, Naz will be ten this year. I bet if she went to school she'd be teased loads

So, in their latest video Naz says she’s only going to drink half her milkshake because she doesn’t want to ‘betray Mama’.
Is...is no one else concerned about that? That sounds...kind of cult like.
And Sabre says ‘I think my gut is a bit bigger than Charli’s’

Girl, you’re almost worryingly skinny. You have a little girl body, and a thin one at that.
As someone who has suffered an eating disorder, I find it horrifying to watch her say stuff like that, because I know it leads to nothing good. And what about all her young, impressionable fans, who will be comparing their own bodies to Sabre’s, and thinking ‘If she has a big gut, what does that make me?’

All four kids seem overly preoccupied with their weight and staying healthy. How will they cope when they have to regulate their own diets?

Has anyone seen the older video they did a few years ago they did where they shame Justin, all sat on the couch basically sobbing, saying that he’s fat and if he doesn’t stop he’s going to die? They made a t-shirt that said something like ‘don’t feed me’ on it. I was thinking like wtf, he barely even looks overweight. I don’t remember the exact title, I think it was something clickbaity.

Pretty disturbing stuff, kids should not be hysterical because they’re afraid of a parent dying from being maybe a few pounds overweight and their fans are mostly impressionable young children. It is definitely Brooke that put those thoughts in their head in the first place and to create drama when there should be none. That video is so gross.

Has anyone seen the older video they did a few years ago they did where they shame Justin, all sat on the couch basically sobbing, saying that he’s fat and if he doesn’t stop he’s going to die? They made a t-shirt that said something like ‘don’t feed me’ on it. I was thinking like wtf, he barely even looks overweight. I don’t remember the exact title, I think it was something clickbaity.

Pretty disturbing stuff, kids should not be hysterical because they’re afraid of a parent dying from being maybe a few pounds overweight and their fans are mostly impressionable young children. It is definitely Brooke that put those thoughts in their head in the first place and to create drama when there should be none. That video is so gross.
I’m sorry but I’m dying laughing imagine being like 5 pounds over weight and think your going to die of obesity 😂😂 and your daughter going on national television and talks about how fat you are then your wife buying you a t-shirt saying “ don’t feed me “😂😂

So, in their latest video Naz says she’s only going to drink half her milkshake because she doesn’t want to ‘betray Mama’.
Is...is no one else concerned about that? That sounds...kind of cult like.
And Sabre says ‘I think my gut is a bit bigger than Charli’s’

Girl, you’re almost worryingly skinny. You have a little girl body, and a thin one at that.
As someone who has suffered an eating disorder, I find it horrifying to watch her say stuff like that, because I know it leads to nothing good. And what about all her young, impressionable fans, who will be comparing their own bodies to Sabre’s, and thinking ‘If she has a big gut, what does that make me?’

All four kids seem overly preoccupied with their weight and staying healthy. How will they cope when they have to regulate their own diets?
I really worry about Sockie & Naz when they go through puberty (or if they even can due to their restrictive diets). You're supposed to gain weight during that time and I think they won't know how to cope w/ that. Also the milkshake thing is messed up. What 9 year old sees drinking a milkshake as betrayal to their mum? Clearly they have been in trouble for things like that before & been made to feel it was personal towards Brooke. I've actually taken a break from their videos as it genuinely makes me sad for their kids. I really feel uneasy about Brooke's parenting & think Justin is just a doormat to it.

Reactions: 6
I used to think Brooke's parenting was normal but now...it just seems strict and sort of cruel. I looked it up and it apparently bananas are among the healthiest fruit, it isn't a good option for breakfast and although it will give you a good boost, you'll soon be left feeling tired and hungry. What if one of them fainted whilst surfing? And yes, although having sugar all the time isn't the best choice, kids should still have sugar. Not drinking the whole milkshake because you don't want to 'betray mama'? That's just sad

Reactions: 7
Ok, so I’m 18 and was introduced to the Norris nuts by my little sister who is 11 now around the time Disco was born. I thought they were great and found it quite heartwarming to see kids in their early and preteen years actually act in what seemed an age appropriate manner as today it seems many children are growing up way too quickly. However, now having seen how Sabre behaves and is treated in comparison to others her age (e.g. Mia from Family Fizz or just how I was at 15) I do think that they are very stunted in their behaviour as there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference in Sabre’s personality compared to Naz’s yet she is 6 years older, so should be much more mature. I admit I can still be very immature, and do spend a lot of time messing around with my sister, but at the same time I don’t wear tutu dresses and white tights and even my sister grew out of wearing that sort of thing a few years ago. I really do think Brooke is trying to keep her children looking and acting young for the camera and hope Justin notices that Sabre and Sockie are now teenagers and lets them grow into mature women, not keeping them as little girls. I admire how close and caring they are for their siblings, but that is probably because they are their only friends. I think Justin is a lot more lenient and turns a blind eye because he doesn’t want his kids to grow up (as all parents don’t) and hope soon accepts that they will and allows them to mature. There is no way Sabre is going to manage with driving when she never even walks anywhere on her own and can’t cross a road. In a video last year (I think) they were doing last to leave the garden and Sabre went to a party and even mentioned how she was meeting a friend there and how she was ‘heartbroken’ because a boy she liked kissed another girl. Where are all these friends now? I feel like once their friends started growing up and Sabre and Sockie were still behaving like children, they just got left behind and allowed themselves to become stunted by their mother so they can appeal to their audience as relatable, although I doubt any of their viewers are actually the same age as them. My 14 year old sister finds the Norris nuts cringy and (although she can be very immature herself) finds them too childish to watch, were as my 11 year old sister loves them and her and her friends always talk about them and she’s constantly begging are mum to check the merch site so she’s can get some and always wants to borrow my phone to watch their latest videos. I think once my sister gets into secondary school and matures, her and her friends will grow out of them and kids who loved the Norris nuts will no longer want to watch teenagers fight over chocolates as if they were toddlers.

Also, does anyone find it weird how before they used to do last to leave challenges for $1000 but now do it for things such as all you can eat McDonald’s. If anything they should be more able to afford such a prize as those videos bring in the most views, 2 months ago they did last to leave the bed for $1000 and that was the first video like that they’ve done for a while and it got 10 million views. Plus, I’ve always thought it’s weird how for every challenge each kid has a budget and must buy new things for two reasons. Firstly; they seemingly never learn so always buy stupid things like loads of sweets, instead of somewhere to sleep. Secondly; they’ve down enough challenges now that they pretty much have enough supplies bought now so couldn’t they just use what they already have, instead of giving a couple hundred dollars to your kids just for them to throw it away on crap. They don’t seem to do last to leave challenges as much and seem to do a lot of cooking, but don’t actually cook. At 13 and 15 Sabre and Sockie should at least now basics about cooking (like how to turn the heat down so hot oil doesn’t splash you and your food doesn’t burn) yet every challenge seem to just make something really easy but tasty so they win. For someone who idolises Gordon Ramsay, Sockie doesn’t seem to have much knowledge about cooking, at 13 I would make my family dinner every Tuesday as both my parents would come home late, yet Sockie can’t tell the difference between 3 and a 1/4 and 3/4, prancing around in a chef costume and pretending to cook isn’t cooking. As many others have commented here, why don’t her parents get her cooking lessons, they seem to be able to afford homeschooling tutors, separate editing computers for each child, I’m pretty sure they all are learning the guitar, skate and surfing gear, endless cash thrown away on challenges and $50,000 spent so she can meet Gordon Ramsay, but don’t bother to actually teach her how to cook.

I don’t have anything against their kids, I think they are just extremely sheltered by their parents and feel very sorry for them as I can’t imagine my entire life pretty much revolving around my home and family. I love my sisters and parents but am glad that I went to school and made friends, and was pushed by my parents to be independent, like getting myself to school and helping out with cooking, cleaning etc, life skills parent are meant to teach their children but it seems Brooke and Justin don’t seem to do this.

Sorry this is long, I hope I haven’t offended any one with my comment.

Ok, so I’m 18 and was introduced to the Norris nuts by my little sister who is 11 now around the time Disco was born. I thought they were great and found it quite heartwarming to see kids in their early and preteen years actually act in what seemed an age appropriate manner as today it seems many children are growing up way too quickly. However, now having seen how Sabre behaves and is treated in comparison to others her age (e.g. Mia from Family Fizz or just how I was at 15) I do think that they are very stunted in their behaviour as there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference in Sabre’s personality compared to Naz’s yet she is 6 years older, so should be much more mature. I admit I can still be very immature, and do spend a lot of time messing around with my sister, but at the same time I don’t wear tutu dresses and white tights and even my sister grew out of wearing that sort of thing a few years ago. I really do think Brooke is trying to keep her children looking and acting young for the camera and hope Justin notices that Sabre and Sockie are now teenagers and lets them grow into mature women, not keeping them as little girls. I admire how close and caring they are for their siblings, but that is probably because they are their only friends. I think Justin is a lot more lenient and turns a blind eye because he doesn’t want his kids to grow up (as all parents don’t) and hope soon accepts that they will and allows them to mature. There is no way Sabre is going to manage with driving when she never even walks anywhere on her own and can’t cross a road. In a video last year (I think) they were doing last to leave the garden and Sabre went to a party and even mentioned how she was meeting a friend there and how she was ‘heartbroken’ because a boy she liked kissed another girl. Where are all these friends now? I feel like once their friends started growing up and Sabre and Sockie were still behaving like children, they just got left behind and allowed themselves to become stunted by their mother so they can appeal to their audience as relatable, although I doubt any of their viewers are actually the same age as them. My 14 year old sister finds the Norris nuts cringy and (although she can be very immature herself) finds them too childish to watch, were as my 11 year old sister loves them and her and her friends always talk about them and she’s constantly begging are mum to check the merch site so she’s can get some and always wants to borrow my phone to watch their latest videos. I think once my sister gets into secondary school and matures, her and her friends will grow out of them and kids who loved the Norris nuts will no longer want to watch teenagers fight over chocolates as if they were toddlers.

Also, does anyone find it weird how before they used to do last to leave challenges for $1000 but now do it for things such as all you can eat McDonald’s. If anything they should be more able to afford such a prize as those videos bring in the most views, 2 months ago they did last to leave the bed for $1000 and that was the first video like that they’ve done for a while and it got 10 million views. Plus, I’ve always thought it’s weird how for every challenge each kid has a budget and must buy new things for two reasons. Firstly; they seemingly never learn so always buy stupid things like loads of sweets, instead of somewhere to sleep. Secondly; they’ve down enough challenges now that they pretty much have enough supplies bought now so couldn’t they just use what they already have, instead of giving a couple hundred dollars to your kids just for them to throw it away on crap. They don’t seem to do last to leave challenges as much and seem to do a lot of cooking, but don’t actually cook. At 13 and 15 Sabre and Sockie should at least now basics about cooking (like how to turn the heat down so hot oil doesn’t splash you and your food doesn’t burn) yet every challenge seem to just make something really easy but tasty so they win. For someone who idolises Gordon Ramsay, Sockie doesn’t seem to have much knowledge about cooking, at 13 I would make my family dinner every Tuesday as both my parents would come home late, yet Sockie can’t tell the difference between 3 and a 1/4 and 3/4, prancing around in a chef costume and pretending to cook isn’t cooking. As many others have commented here, why don’t her parents get her cooking lessons, they seem to be able to afford homeschooling tutors, separate editing computers for each child, I’m pretty sure they all are learning the guitar, skate and surfing gear, endless cash thrown away on challenges and $50,000 spent so she can meet Gordon Ramsay, but don’t bother to actually teach her how to cook.

I don’t have anything against their kids, I think they are just extremely sheltered by their parents and feel very sorry for them as I can’t imagine my entire life pretty much revolving around my home and family. I love my sisters and parents but am glad that I went to school and made friends, and was pushed by my parents to be independent, like getting myself to school and helping out with cooking, cleaning etc, life skills parent are meant to teach their children but it seems Brooke and Justin don’t seem to do this.

Sorry this is long, I hope I haven’t offended any one with my comment.
I agree with you they are very sheltered sockie not knowing measurements is Brooke failing to homeschool correctly

I find it odd how sabre is approaching her 16th birthday and still shares a room with her 11 year old brother she’s too old to still share with her brother sabre and sockie are teenagers and need their own space

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.