Norris Nuts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The shared room thing might make sense if they were poor and had no choice to share rooms but they’re clearly very well off from youtube and it’s obvious the room was designed specifically so they could all be together and they seem perfectly happy with the arrangement. If I was sharing a room with my 9 and 11-year old siblings at 15, I’d be all about having my own space. Pure speculation, but it is possible Brooke could have an ulterior motive and be trying to stunt their growth, restricting their diet, keeping them homeschooled and away from much contact with other kids so they stay young looking and acting for as long as possible. There’s a lot about this family we don’t see on camera.

And imo, any parent who allows their kids to pick their baby names and calls their child “Disco” clearly does not care all that much about names
With that many kids I do wonder if when they're older one will eventually rebel and unsettling information will come out about this family (my money's on Naz). By unsettling I'm not talking horribly criminal, but more like emotional manipulation etc.

The weight talk, constant crying, dressing and acting a lot younger than they are, wanting to share rooms, restrictive eating, all a LOT shorter than they should be (those kids should be beanpoles based on both parents heights), having no friends, having to do everything together are just naming a few issues. Also in their easter challenge game, the way Brooke screamed at them to stop when they all charged over to the broken bunny like starved dogs was very telling. I grew up as one of 8 and my mum had better things to do than lose her mind over us eating a broken up easter egg, but then she also remembers all of our middle names.

Reactions: 4
With that many kids I do wonder if when they're older one will eventually rebel and unsettling information will come out about this family (my money's on Naz). By unsettling I'm not talking horribly criminal, but more like emotional manipulation etc.

The weight talk, constant crying, dressing and acting a lot younger than they are, wanting to share rooms, restrictive eating, all a LOT shorter than they should be (those kids should be beanpoles based on both parents heights), having no friends, having to do everything together are just naming a few issues. Also in their easter challenge game, the way Brooke screamed at them to stop when they all charged over to the broken bunny like starved dogs was very telling. I grew up as one of 8 and my mum had better things to do than lose her mind over us eating a broken up easter egg, but then she also remembers all of our middle names.
When you list it all out like that it's really concerning!! I'd bet on Naz to be a rebel too - we've seen her playing to her strengths (either crying or being sweet) to get what she wants from both parents. Even though she's the youngest of the four we don't see her crying as much as the others and actually seems to act and dress for her age!
The way they're all always racing to get a tiny piece of food or chocolate is crazy!! Especially now that they're getting older - I have never seen any other teenagers act like that for a tiny bit of food. The fact that Brooke screamed like that knowing that they were on camera, and then the kids not editing it out is strange too.... I've always assumed that the parents would review their videos before they are posted online - why not ask them to edit it out? Surely you would not want to be shown yelling at your kids for eating a broken chocolate?

Another odd point: in a lot of vlogs it appears that Biggy is sleeping on a mattress on the floor between his and Sabre's rooms, but they never address it or show why. It's been in the background too often to be a guest staying over and it's usually seen as they're waking up/still in their pyjamas. Does Justin sleep up in that room too?

Reactions: 3
When you list it all out like that it's really concerning!! I'd bet on Naz to be a rebel too - we've seen her playing to her strengths (either crying or being sweet) to get what she wants from both parents. Even though she's the youngest of the four we don't see her crying as much as the others and actually seems to act and dress for her age!
The way they're all always racing to get a tiny piece of food or chocolate is crazy!! Especially now that they're getting older - I have never seen any other teenagers act like that for a tiny bit of food. The fact that Brooke screamed like that knowing that they were on camera, and then the kids not editing it out is strange too.... I've always assumed that the parents would review their videos before they are posted online - why not ask them to edit it out? Surely you would not want to be shown yelling at your kids for eating a broken chocolate?

Another odd point: in a lot of vlogs it appears that Biggy is sleeping on a mattress on the floor between his and Sabre's rooms, but they never address it or show why. It's been in the background too often to be a guest staying over and it's usually seen as they're waking up/still in their pyjamas. Does Justin sleep up in that room too?
I noticed the mattress too. I hope it's not some way of punishment and just a phase he's going through that he prefers sleeping there (although bit of an odd phase for a 12 year old) but they make them eat bananas for breakfast as punishment so who the hell knows. IMO food should never be used like that. Fine, take away treats if needed but to stop them eating their usual which looks like bran for bananas? Ridiculous.
I agree I've never seen teenagers act crazy like that for food either, but I've also never known a parent to limit their teenagers food like Brooke does :/.

Reactions: 2
I noticed the mattress too. I hope it's not some way of punishment and just a phase he's going through that he prefers sleeping there (although bit of an odd phase for a 12 year old) but they make them eat bananas for breakfast as punishment so who the hell knows. IMO food should never be used like that. Fine, take away treats if needed but to stop them eating their usual which looks like bran for bananas? Ridiculous.
I agree I've never seen teenagers act crazy like that for food either, but I've also never known a parent to limit their teenagers food like Brooke does :/.
Oh wow I hope not! It didn't even cross my mind but it seems anything is possible for punishments... I remember the kids saying the Brooke's thrown out their books and stuff before! I don't agree with that either - also they said that as they were buying the same book again? That's such a waste!
It's so important to instill healthy relationships with food for young people - even in their cooking challenges that they do it's clear that none of the kids have any idea except for Sabre who has actually made meals instead of throwing together all their favorite treats...
I'm quite surprised that none of the kids have really rebelled yet but soon...

The past few videos I’ve found myself actively watching whenever the kids get food, to see if there’s any proof they’ve actually finished it or if it was just a show for the camera, and also seeing how it’s being used as a punishment/ reward. For example, when they got Mcdonalds breakfast in one of their latest ones (think it was ACE vs JOKER) Brooke seemed annoyed at the fact they had won this option, and as a result made them go into the restaurant in their pyjamas. The camera cut out after they’d had a few bites so it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if she said right guys these are going in the bin now you’re not having the full thing it’s too unhealthy etc. Like everyone else has said on here, the kids are at the age they should be allowed to control their own snacks (ESP Sabre and Sockie, they’re teenagers!!🙄) so the fact they literally appear to drool over a pint sized chocolate is a bit worrying. Like surely at that age you could walk to the shop and buy it yourself. But no of course not, Brooke has them very restricted. But the parents eat whatever they like and feed Disco a lot of crap too, the only excuse I can kind of fathom is they’re following a sports-based diet and are still doing quite a lot of training for skating/ surf that’s not being shown on camera but the levels she stoops to are ridiculous like feeding them bananas for breakfast (not enough) rather than a bowl of fruit loops (literally fine as long as it’s not excessive) so I don’t even think that excuses it tbh

Dad vs girls did a swapping diet with norris nuts, banana if your naughty for breakfast and frozen peas for a snack! Didnt watch the rest my kids turned it off 🤣

Dad vs girls did a swapping diet with norris nuts, banana if your naughty for breakfast and frozen peas for a snack! Didnt watch the rest my kids turned it off 🤣
I just watched it. Those kids are barely hitting 1000 calories a day not even subtracting the amount they'll burn from all the exercise they do, no wonder they lack growth.
If they're good they get weetabix for breakfast but with no sugar? Weetabix with sugar is a healthy breakfast in England but usually accompanied with fruit as it's too low calorie on it's own. Frozen peas as a snack? Is that actually a joke? The fact they said they 'sometimes' have an apple and if they're really good get A biscuit. 1 biscuit? As if frozen peas AND an apple in one day would be outrageous, god forbid you added 1 biscuit to those snacks too. There was so much wrong with that video, I can't even fathom why their parents thought it would be a good idea for them to send Dad V Girls that as it looks really bad on them. Also very interesting how Dad V Girls said they were doing their diet but the Norris Nuts aren't doing theirs.

I just watched it. Those kids are barely hitting 1000 calories a day not even subtracting the amount they'll burn from all the exercise they do, no wonder they lack growth.
If they're good they get weetabix for breakfast but with no sugar? Weetabix with sugar is a healthy breakfast in England but usually accompanied with fruit as it's too low calorie on it's own. Frozen peas as a snack? Is that actually a joke? The fact they said they 'sometimes' have an apple and if they're really good get A biscuit. 1 biscuit? As if frozen peas AND an apple in one day would be outrageous, god forbid you added 1 biscuit to those snacks too. There was so much wrong with that video, I can't even fathom why their parents thought it would be a good idea for them to send Dad V Girls that as it looks really bad on them. Also very interesting how Dad V Girls said they were doing their diet but the Norris Nuts aren't doing theirs.
I havent seen that video yet but it sounds really weird! Ive been watching them for some time now and the food obsession seems to be getting worse or they are showing it more. Sometimes they only have a drink of Up&go for breakfast. Justin as an athlete should know that they are almost starving them if they do that much exercise a day. Thats the only impressive thing is that they can do a lot of push ups and such but they are lacking so much food. Why punish with bananas? Its a healthy food!

A chocolate a day and a biscuit isnt going to make them fat! Will make them stop going crazy about food. These kids are always together, they dont have their own identity. Ive seen they matrass on the floor, first I thought a sleepover? But im doubting it.

Reactions: 5
Definitely weird they didnt do dad v girls diet! Didnt they do fizz fams like a year ago? Or was that just trying british snacks and the two families sent eachother stuff x

Watching a old video called telling you everything... they are all talking about there biggest worries and anxieties, naz says what I'm going to have for dinner? I get kids always want food they can eat more then body builders sometimes 🤣but if that's your biggest worry then that is a worry! Biggy said hes worried he wont get a girlfriend with big boobs and bum, how old is he?!

• Wow
I have been watching them, and although the kids seem nice enough, Brooke (the mum) definitely seems off. As mentioned, she definitely seems WAYYY too restrictive of the kid's diets. In the pool easter games vlog, naz took a tiny bite of chocolate and he instantly tells her shes had enough of it. Also, the kids are really excited about sharing one treat, like in the ace v joker video, they shared one muesli bar between them. With the amount of exercise they get, their meals should be way bigger and more substantial. Healthy food as a punishment, definitely shapes their attitude towards it and I think the mum's other punishments are just cruel, for example throwing away the child's things when they have been naughty. I also think that Brooke does choose the children's clothing so they look younger, as their channel is directed towards kids, because I cannot imagine an almost 16 year old choosing a big sparkly dress and matching with her 10 year old sister. In another vlog, I cant remember which, Biggy was making clothes out of a costume and he mentioned that cropped clothes were bad, which could be a factor towards the kids childish clothing choices. I understand that sabre does have a growth malformation, but she is always saying how she wants to act older and childish clothes are not helping. I think the kids, especially sabre and sockie should be more exposed to children their age, because as they get older, they need to start maturing and getting to know others. Another point is that other family youtubers such as familia diamond, which are directed towards kids too, can dress their age and socially interact with other children. Some of Txunamy's outfits might be a little mature, but it's better that being 15 and dressing like your seven. I also dont like how Brooke is always complaining about how she is overweight and about her scars. That is not a good example to set to your children or other viewers.Finally someone mentioned above that they are surprised none of the children have rebelled yet. Honestly so am I. Another person said that they thought out of all the kids Naz was most likely to, and I agree. She was about to cut her hair in one of the recent vlogs and has done other things like steal biscuits from the cupboard. Overall, I think the children are sweet and caring towards eachother, but I think the mother sould be less overprotective and restrictive and let her children lead a more normal childhood.

I watch this with my daughter, the vlogs used to be reasonably interesting with the skating and surfing, but now it just seems over the top challenges.

what have they named the latest baby?

Reactions: 1
Sabre should have stopped sharing a room with Biggy when she was about 12 at the very latest. The fact that she does now and still WANTS to as does Sockie is really odd. Are there not laws about this in Australia? Brooke seems to be the only one saying she thinks they need their own space now (bit overdue). I've noticed Sabre hasn't been wearing her tutu dresses recently thank god, although she did wear quite a childish white one in the last video. Sockie said in one of the videos that she isn't allowed to watch the Harry Potter films until ALL siblings had read all the books. These kids aren't clones, let them do things alone and at different stages.
Also am I the only one who saw when Brooke forget her new babies middle name?! What was that about!
Yes, agreed. In the UK you can’t have a boy and girl sharing a bedroom over the age of 7

Ok what does every reckon?
Most and least likely to....
1. Rebel
Most- Naz
Least- Sockie
2. Share their story in 10 years time
Most- Naz
Least- Sockie
3. Get an ED ( the way Brooke restricts them is bound to lead to some problems)
Most- Sockie ( I think she’s really health conscious and reliant on brook already)
Least- Biggy
4. Quit YouTube
Most- Naz
Least- Biggy

There is no actual law in place, but the guidance is over the age of 10.
There might as well be a law though as I never knew anyone sharing a room w/ their siblings of an opposite sex over the age of about 5. I had friends that shared rooms w/ 3 sisters and their brother would have his own room. It's just an unwritten rule in England that opposite sex siblings don't share rooms around school age, and if the Norris Nuts went to school I can guarantee incest taunts/rumours would be spread about them (I don't think that btw, it's just what would happen).

There might as well be a law though as I never knew anyone sharing a room w/ their siblings of an opposite sex over the age of about 5. I had friends that shared rooms w/ 3 sisters and their brother would have his own room. It's just an unwritten rule in England that opposite sex siblings don't share rooms around school age, and if the Norris Nuts went to school I can guarantee incest taunts/rumours would be spread about them (I don't think that btw, it's just what would happen).
There is no unwritten rule in England, that’s your opinion.

There is legislation that covers sharing bedrooms of opposite sex at age 10 which is covered under the Housing Act and overcrowding but this only covers social housing, there is no legislation for private housing.

The Norris Nuts is all about keeping up the appeal for their teeny bopper audience and bringing in a new teeny boppers when some of their older audience has moved on to more age appropriate channels.

The kids are so isolated from the real world, their whole lives revolve around YouTube and Instagram. Every part of these kids lives are exploited one way or another by their parents or management.

My youngest daughter loves them and watches daily. I can see the appeal for an 8 year old, but the thing that winds me up the most is that they constantly shout...at everything. I guess they are making shed loads of money but I wonder if them poor kids ever get to do anything that doesn’t involve them being filmed or performing for the masses.

I know this is an old video, but do you remember when Brooke did the room decorating for the kids? Sabre was around 13 or 14 and if my mom at that age tried to decorate my room for me I would have flipped. When you are a teenager your room should be your safe space where you can express yourself and chill, but they don't have that.
Plus Brooke gave Sabre that swan bedspread, at that point I just had a white duvet and fun throw pillows. IDK just thinking of how I was at that age I wanted privacy and comfort in my room.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.