Norris Nuts #3 Struggling to stay relevant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so I started watching their gaming video they posted and I was reading the comments. I was surprised by how many people were talking about how unfair they are to Sabre. And that biggy and naz always team up and that it’s cheating. basically, sockie was the imposter and only had to kill one more person. Sabre was dead but naz and biggy (who were alive) didn’t know, so biggy called a meeting. Sabre told him to call a meeting to vote her out, but because she was dead, biggy and naz would know sockie was the imposter (process of elimination). After they vote sockie out, she is practically in tears that she lost. naz and biggy are telling Sabre off for “cheating” and they wrote a whole paragraph about how Sabre cheated. I stoped watching after that point because I didn’t want to watch sockie have a meltdown. I just can’t believe how upset they were over Sabre telling them to call a meeting. I mean in the past they’ve “pranked“ her by voting her out with no proof, they constantly say shes the imposter cause they think it’s “fun” and tell her that she’s not good at the game. it makes me mad. She always puts on a smile and acts happy when they cheat but when she gives one little hint about who the imposter is, suddenly she’s a cheater. It’s is just so stupid how they treat her. Also I think this is the third video they’ve posted today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I think I now undertand why Mama doesn't let Sabre have bigger portions... Sabre's around 5'0 feet and that's under 5 feet of for the average Australian girl, but it's still quite controlling Sabre should have a say. I also did some research and Brooke is only 5'6 so I don't think the kids will grow that tall expect from Biggy and Sockie because it seems that they have more traits from their dad

I also just watching the Cook-Off between Biggy and Sockie and they were struggling so much to make pancakes.. I expect it from BIggy but the way Sockie presents herself she should be cooking pancakes with no problem. The other Norris Nuts undermine themselves so much when it comes to cooking so SOckie feels better about herself, but they really need to give her a reality check so she's not embarressed they could at least let her cook only for herself so she doesn't have the others trying to make her feel better
brooke and justin are both very tall, around/above 6ft. they’ve mentioned it in videos heaps

Hasn't it been a while ago now since Sockie had to get a blood sample to check her growth to see if she also is going to have to take growth treatments? I wonder if it came back that she doesn't have to, or if they've decided to wait. Or maybe Brooke and Justin know and are waiting to have to tell her because they don't want to upset her. I hope for her sake she doesn't need anything.

Reactions: 10
brooke and justin are both very tall, around/above 6ft. they’ve mentioned it in videos heaps
brooke is 5'7 or 5'8 and justin is 6'2 or 6'1, they got there height and personality from there mum except sabre ( her height short is due to medical condition)

Reactions: 4
brooke is 5'7 or 5'8 and justin is 6'2 or 6'1, they got there height and personality from there mum except sabre ( her height short is due to medical condition)
with the exception of sabre’s medical condition i still think it’s strange how short they are, i don’t think they got their height from brooke cause 5’7/8 is fairly tall and none of them are even 5 foot yet. sockies 14 in a couple of days and she’s still only 4’9

Reactions: 13
My cousin is 5'6 and met the Norris Nuts just last week.

Based on the picture Sabre was about 5'0-4'11, Sockie about 4'11 Biggy 4'8 and Naz looked 4'6 or less. They were all extremely small.

Brooke is 5'8 and Justin is 6'1-6'2.

Those children should be well over 5 foot based on their parents heights. Why are they all so short?
It's very unlikely that they all have chairi malformation. I'm worried that they are getting severely underfed and will grow up to be midgets.

I hope they check Sockie's growth soon because she doesn't seem to be growing at all and will most likely have the same problem as sabre.

I just don't understand why Brooke micro-manages what they eat. I can think of three: she doesn't want them to grow up and rebel, she thinks that giving them frozen veggies is healthy or she keeps them small to appeal to young legends.

It's obvious they are mentally and emotionally behind as well but it's really obvious why.
They are deprived of social interaction with anyone else their age not to mention they don't go to school or follow any proper homeschooling schedule.

As someone who is Sockie's age I actually used to enjoy watching them but as I got older I realised their home situation was not normal and I'm starting to worry about them.

Sooner or later I feel like more dark secrets will be revealed about them and something tells me Naz will hint at stories of abuse, trauma, possibly exploitation and forcing them to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
It’s hard to see just how small they are on camera but if you see them by a countertop I realised that they looked tiny. Naz also looks especially thin, she is 10 and has the physique of a 6 year old. They are all short and thin which hints at malnutrition as the parents are neither small or slim.

Reactions: 16
there may be a problem with their diet,
but it more probable that they are small
because they share a genetic problem.

Reactions: 8
the worst thing about brooke s very problamatic parenting is the isolation of her children from other children.they dont go to school.they have no friends and have very little iteraction with children their age.
she is depriving them of one of the most basic needs of childhood(and one of it s most basic rights).
this will have serious long term consequences when they leave the family bubble.
they can t get proper home-schooling because it should include participation in projects and study groups with other home schooled children.

she can t even send sockie to cooking lessons and nazz to art classes.
i have 2 questions about this and i hope other participants in this thread will share their views on this.
1)why is brooke isolating the children?
a lot of people here believe she wants them to spend more time and energy on creating youtube.that means more views and more money.
i don t think that can be the correct explanation.it is too simple. brooke cant be so selfish and greedy.she obviously loves the children and cares about them. and she believes she is doing what is the best for them.
so it can t be the correct explanation(or not the complete explanation)
what do you think is real reason/reasons?
and what does brooke think she is doing?

2)how does brooke convince/manipulate justin and the children to go along with her on this?
they know( or should know) that this is not normal.
i don t think they accept it just because they are afraid of her.
could i be wrong about this?
i will post my answers later.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Either –

They have friends from surfing/skating and have more of a normal life but are just very careful about keeping things like that quiet because they want to respect their privacy since they have such a big audience.

They had friends and were fairly normal before youtube, then slowly all that went away as they grew more popular so they can focus all their energy on making videos. (more likely imo)

I think Brooke has always been controlling but it got worse over the years. Or it was hidden well and just became more noticeable the more she appeared in videos and they cared less. I do feel like they are very deliberate in what they edit down to the minute, though. Brooke is obsessive about cleanliness, there is no reason she wouldn’t also be about how they appear on camera for millions to see.

As far as Brooke being controlling, they’ve been homeschooled their whole lives and it doesn’t look like they’ve got much interaction with other kids. So I don’t think they would even know it’s not normal for your mum to control your diet when you’re a teenager. She might also control their electronics – Sabre doesn’t even have her own phone so she may be embarrassed to look something up or talk to someone because the other kids would see it and Sockie or Biggy might tell. She got in trouble for talking to a boy months ago so she's not even allowed to talk to other kids over the internet.

Early in it was more about fun, now the parents have become very involved, Justin sold the swim school presumably to work on stuff for their channel full time. like most vlogging families they gave up their lives for some clout and their channel will eventually plateau as the kids grow older and they run out of ideas. I think it's inevitable one of them will rebel. Sabre seems a lot less interested than she used to be. I think she secretly is tiring of youtube and wants to do something more mature.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Either –

They have friends from surfing/skating and have more of a normal life but are just very careful about keeping things like that quiet because they want to respect their privacy since they have such a big audience.

They had friends and were fairly normal before youtube, then slowly all that went away as they grew more popular so they can focus all their energy on making videos. (more likely imo)

I think Brooke has always been controlling but it got worse over the years. Or it was hidden well and just became more noticeable the more she appeared in videos and they cared less. I do feel like they are very deliberate in what they edit down to the minute, though. Brooke is obsessive about cleanliness, there is no reason she wouldn’t also be about how they appear on camera for millions to see.

As far as Brooke being controlling, they’ve been homeschooled their whole lives and it doesn’t look like they’ve got much interaction with other kids. So I don’t think they would even know it’s not normal for your mum to control your diet when you’re a teenager. She might also control their electronics – Sabre doesn’t even have her own phone so she may be embarrassed to look something up or talk to someone because the other kids would see it and Sockie or Biggy might tell. She got in trouble for talking to a boy months ago so she's not even allowed to talk to other kids over the internet.

Early in it was more about fun, now the parents have become very involved, Justin sold the swim school presumably to work on stuff for their channel full time. like most vlogging families they gave up their lives for some clout and their channel will eventually plateau as the kids grow older and they run out of ideas. I think it's inevitable one of them will rebel. Sabre seems a lot less interested than she used to be. I think she secretly is tiring of youtube and wants to do something more mature.
There is no chance of kids rebelling against brooke , the kids love her unconditionally , sabre too you can see the last drive license vlog (sabre and brooke were behaving like best friends in that), the bond is stronger on this one :) , what u will see in future ,one of them will move out of the house and choose live with brooke separately as naz mentioned before etc .stay home mum , she is definitely reading from here and trying improving its noticable in her behaviour.

There’s a lot of emphasis on being ‘good’ in their family and if the kids rebel or put a toe out of line they are bad children and are ‘betraying’ Brooke.
Such as before when the kids were eating food when Brooke had told them not to and both Naz and Sockie have said that they wouldn’t eat it as they didn’t want to betray Brooke.

I think that Brooke has a serious issue with control and she needs to get help setting healthy boundaries with her kids so they can learn to be independent and think for themselves. There is terms and conditions in Brookes relationship with her kids. They think If they don’t blindly follow her rules then they are not being good kids and Brooke won’t love them.

I also find it really strange that Brooke is so controlling regarding the kids because in some ways she is so relaxed. Like the kids names, Sockie as a name is very unorthodox and against social norms. Also the way they allowed their young children to think of random names and then just picked out Discos name from a hat. Like that is very unusual and chill just to let your child be called Sink or Fridgy.
But then on the other hand, she won’t let her 16 or 14 year old children eat one tiny chocolate.
It’s such a paradox, the way big important things in the kids lives are relatively uncontrolled but then little day to day routines are very fixed and micromanaged.

I don’t like her at all and I get a very erratic vibe of her. One minute she is all pally and jokey with the kids and encourages them to play pranks on each other and then another minute they get in massive trouble for ‘sneaking’ a chocolate or not doing their chore straight away

Reactions: 12
There is no chance of kids rebelling against brooke , the kids love her unconditionally , sabre too you can see the last drive license vlog (sabre and brooke were behaving like best friends in that), the bond is stronger on this one :) , what u will see in future ,one of them will move out of the house and choose live with brooke separately as naz mentioned before etc .stay home mum , she is definitely reading from here and trying improving its noticable in her behaviour.
That may be true, I hope at least one of them is able to move out and have a future that is...well, beyond youtube though. I do think they are all very close and would probably choose to live near their parents and eachother if any of them ever moved out. When I was Sabre's age was when I started to think about my future as in jobs, going to university, travel, independence etc. I don't think Sabre's thinking about any of that yet though.

Reactions: 7
In the Norris Nuts family I don’t think the kids are the only one being bossed around. Justin seems to be the doormat of the house.

He does whatever Brooke says, lets the kids call him names, checks all the videos before they are posted, takes care of the babies and gets zero credit for it.

The kids have pointed out a scary amount of times how Brooke is like a mother and father to them and is their favourite parent but I hardly hear about how much they love Justin.

He doesn’t seem to be bothered by any of this but any normal viewer would notice that his relationship with the family is not normal.

in the recent cooking video, sockie said theyre having açai bowls as their dinner. WTF. these kids need protein and carbohydrates for DINNER, not a low calorie smoothie bowl which only contains fruit. a smoothie bowl will not help them maintain their weight. poor kids.

i’m also surprised brooke hasn’t brought sockie and better blender, like a proper $1000 vitamix since she’s so invested in her little chef sockie

• Heart
in the recent cooking video, sockie said theyre having açai bowls as their dinner. WTF. these kids need protein and carbohydrates for DINNER, not a low calorie smoothie bowl which only contains fruit. a smoothie bowl will not help them maintain their weight. poor kids.

i’m also surprised brooke hasn’t brought sockie and better blender, like a proper $1000 vitamix since she’s so invested in her little chef sockie
i was literally about to say the same thing, they literally eat little kid portions! brooke is so deluded i wouldn’t be surprised if she still thought the norris nuts were still little kids as that’s how she treats them. if the açai bowl was their breakfast that would be fine but dinner?? that’s weird

i was literally about to say the same thing, they literally eat little kid portions! brooke is so deluded i wouldn’t be surprised if she still thought the norris nuts were still little kids as that’s how she treats them. if the açai bowl was their breakfast that would be fine but dinner?? that’s weird
exactly. don’t get me wrong, i’ve had smoothie bowls for dinner before, but mine were loaded with granola, peanut butter and protein powder AKA substantial ingredients. the norris nuts need meat. they need to eat meat and carbs. they’re fricken growing kids! i’m 16, i’m done growing, doesn’t matter what i eat for dinner. brooke is slowly killing them.

Reactions: 12
I feel so frustrated at Brooke and Justin, it’s common knowledge to give growing kids substantial nutritious meals not some smoothie crap. It’s as if the kids are on a constant diet when they are literally skin and bones. The kids could have an açai bowl for dessert or breakfast but as a main meal of the day??? They have to be crazy.
what is actually wrong with them? BROOKE AND JUSTIN FEED YOUR CHILDREN

I just watched the dad vs girls eat NN diet and in a day they could potentially only eat a banana, frozen peas, a smoothie and a low calorie microwaveable meal. That is really not enough and I’m surprised they shared this information because it is not normal and is very neglectful in my opinion.
also they eat the microwaveable meal as ‘Brooke is really busy and doesn’t have time to cook a proper meal’ A. Busy doing what? She doesn’t work, Justin and all the kids do a lot of the childcare and the chores. Either one of the parents have time to cook but they are being lazy and the kids well-being has taken a backseat now they are invested in YouTube. B. If she is so buys and can’t take proper care of her existing kids WHY HAVE ANY MORE she has surpassedher limit so I don’t get why she wants to have more kids. Utter madness

Last edited:
  • Heart
exactly. don’t get me wrong, i’ve had smoothie bowls for dinner before, but mine were loaded with granola, peanut butter and protein powder AKA substantial ingredients. the norris nuts need meat. they need to eat meat and carbs. they’re fricken growing kids! i’m 16, i’m done growing, doesn’t matter what i eat for dinner. brooke is slowly killing them.
if it was just the one day then it would not be an issue but knowing they have child sized meals every day is the problem, they literally have children’s bodies and are all soooo tiny when they used to look healthy and tall for their age. they need a balanced diet that’s at least 2000 cals a day but they clearly don’t eat anywhere near that. i don’t get why brooke is so obsessed with her kids eating healthy when all she eats is junk and same with justin and the babies

maybe one of the reasons the children dont have friends and that they are super controlled is brooke s obessive need to control their diet.
if you watch the norris nut clip about what sabre eats in a day you can that she does not get to eat between (pretty small) meals.
this is probably one the reasons she faints often.
also-
sockie (last cooking vlog) still hasnt gotten over the braces. she thinks they make her ugly .she is thinking about it all the time and it makes her sad(her words).
the braces are still very painful and seriously limit her ability to eat things she likes.
she is depressed because she wil need the braces for another 2 years.
this is sad and so unnecessary!
the braces were unnecessary, sockie didnt want them , and brooke forced/manipulated sockie to have them.
sockie was too weak to resist at all and isn t strong enough to even ask her mother to reconsider.
sockie is miserable because of brookes need for total control.
i don t think sockie even blames her mother! brooke completly controls her!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.