Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sdmilne

Looking at the main Dr Who forum, it seems his antics have also been an "open secret" in fan circles for a long time. Someone saying he stopped getting invited to fan conventions as he acted like a predator at them .

Another said - "Noel was very much what you would call at the time a ‘LAD’ on and off set and like many men that age, life was all about the drink and the women. The production team had to put a notice out to the female production staff and even hotel staff to not except or encourage his advances during the frist and second series.

Looks like his behaviour and conduct has escalated over time, so this stuff coming to light was only a matter of time."

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

Kinvarra

It’s a shame investigative journalism is being tied to trial by media. It is such a powerful mechanism (Watergate, the Boston Catholic Church abuse cases etc). So much work will have gone into that article.

• Heart

sdmilne

Another person has tweeted this

I worked with him on Legacy as a party-goer & experienced first hand his atrocious behaviour- as he pressured me- a young eager actress trying to make it in the film industry- to do a topless scene for film. Unpaid. I didn’t do it and so he was angry with me. It was horrendous.

• Sad
  • Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
The fact he is banned from your area of work without actually dealing with the problem properly is disgusting.

• Heart

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
So, let’s take the example of Roxanne Pallett in the big brother house. She went and made an accusation which was absolutely not true. She felt the way she did but it was recorded he did nothing wrong.

So, had there have been no cameras, the world would be screaming she must be believed and that the man must be in the wrong. His career in tatters.

So now this. I’m not saying that he’s innocent, I’m not saying he didn’t do the things these women are saying. But at what point do we just believe accusations to be 100% totally the truth before it’s been proven to be so, because he’s a man?
Big brother would have been her word against his. This is 20 women against his. 1 or 2 you could say it was a misunderstanding or they’ve got together against him, but 20?!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

LinaLamont

If there were accusations of r*pe or assault then there would be a burden of proof on the accusers because that’s a criminal allegation but you can bully, intimidate and be sexually inappropriate towards others without doing anything technically illegal. Unfortunately, being a creep doesn’t necessarily equate to criminality. If these actresses were to go to the police there would be very little they could do and it certainly wouldn’t go to court. They also have little to no protection working in the entertainment industry as they’re most likely self employed and don’t have an HR department to report to or the resources to take it to an employment tribunal. NC was protected and they were powerless. Speaking about their experiences publicly is really the only way they could be heard. The article was clearly very thoroughly researched and not sensationalist and the fact that NC is not suing the guardian for libel tells you everything you need to know. When he denies sexual misconduct he just means he’s not done anything he could be prosecuted for. Just because something isn’t ilegal doesn’t mean it’s not morally repugnant and he should absolutely be exposed. He’s vile.

• Heart

Flossy2020

For the people in the back....
As a woman who was in an abusive relationship for 2 years I totally get this. I haven’t actually told anyone because I feel this. I feel like everyone needs me to prove it wasn’t my fault all while they pick it apart like they don’t believe me, like it was my fault.

It is so hard to explain how you feel as a victim to someone who isn’t.

• Heart
  • Sad

GoldSilver

VIP Member
However- I am disagreeing with this culture of ‘if a women says it it must be true’. I’m a mother of a son and a daughter and I fear for my son growing into a world where a woman could say anything about him and it would be assumed to be true. That’s all.
I thought you’d have more fear for your daughter who is growing into a world with men like this about. A woman is much more at risk of being assaulted or abused than a man is of being falsely accused of the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Urgh. That's disgusting. Strong Weinstein vibes but without the manky willy (probably 🤷‍♀️ )
The Norwegian producer says he sent her an unsolicited dickpic, still has it, and the investigators have seen it attached to the message he sent it in with his account name on it. So! Clarke appears to have amnesia about sending it, unshockingly.

• Sick

Notworthy

VIP Member
It’s strange how some can go under the radar like old David Wallibrains who’s camp pretences masks his alleged lewd behaviour.

I think it’s clear NC is finished in the industry.
I had a conversation with a wannabe actor about David Walliams and how I wouldn't be surprised if any serious allegations came out about him, at first he was shocked then he remembered an incident at a show when apparently DW took a 14 year old boy out of the audience and then pretended to hump him for laughs. Part of the problem is with shows like BGT where there is an element of humiliation played for laughs. Slightly different to this case but it shows how people can be unaware of things even when done in front of their faces

• Sick
  • Angry

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
If footballers are behaving in a similar manner (and I don’t doubt for one second that some of them are) then someone needs to speak out in the same way people have done about Weinstein etc. All it takes is one person to get the ball rolling. But honestly @dillydallywally it sounds like you are trying to minimise what Clark is alleged to have done by using lots of whataboutery.

• Heart

Tea&Toast

VIP Member
If he’s saying he needs professional help, that is basically admitting guilt, he admitted that he behaved inappropriately to one particular woman and that he’s a sex addict (which is a bs excuse for being a sexual abuser) and there’s his weak apology. If someone is innocent then they will straightforwardly and passionately deny all accusations absolutely, with no apology needed that’s obvious, you don’t have to be a friggin detective to figure that one out.

Sky news just said they spoke to a number of actors who didn’t want to be named and they all said they’re not surprised by the allegations. I also saw a clip on bbc news with one of the actresses who spoke out. This clip was taken during filming with Clarke screaming at the actress on set, ordering her to urinate on Jason Maza during a scene 🤢 (fucked up creepy scumbags) then the pair of them started laughing and pretending it was just a practical joke, the girl looked distressed. Then there’s all the sex scenes Clarke wrote for himself in his own productions 🤮

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick

cobette

VIP Member
I actually felt sick reading the Guardian article. Great piece of journalism which avoided sensationalism, they have taken the time to put their case together so it is undoubtable rather than just lighting the touch paper.

I have championed Noel Clarke since Doctor Who. I felt he was underused in that and I enjoyed seeing his career go from strength to strength in the years that followed. Was looking forward to Viewpoint purely because he featured.

What a fool to have orchestrated the downfall of a great career all by himself. 'Mickey the Idiot' indeed.

Kinvarra

Haha yes, I have thought so 20 women just decided to “bring him down” did they?! Oh just jog on.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
You cannot say why did it take so long.

People are scared, worried, anxious. Why did it take so long for Weinstein to be over uncovered?

Its people in positions of power using that to try and keep victims silenced.

Ashleys statement is bang on. 'Back your bro' disgusting!!!!

Reactions: 31

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Saying innocent until proven guilty is dismissing these claims completely.

The Guardian is a reputable (or as reputable as the press can be) source. They would not print a story like this if there wasnt credible evidence of it being true. That stories didnt corroborate.

Ive read the article and its absolutely damning. There has been a lot of investigation and work gone into it. Its not sensationalised in any way.

GoldSilver

VIP Member
The statement Ashley Walters made was spot on.

In contrast, Clarke’s business partner Jason Maza was helping Clarke to try and silence women. Ringing round them to intimidate them. He’s a disgrace as well and is also likely finished in the industry.

• Wow
  • Heart

SuicideBiscuits

Innocent until proven guilty, only works in a court of law. What if there's no trial?
These women, and the men who are also talking about him, KNOW what he's done.
He is guilty.

How quickly the #metoo movement seems to have been forgotten.

BELIEVE WOMEN.

• Heart

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
I wonder if these allegations and accusations were from parents and children and he was exposed as a child abuser people would still be so supportive of there are 2 sides arguement.
Is it simply because women aren't believed

Why shouldn't stories be exposed by journalists

• Heart
Reactions: 30