Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sophia Myles who played Reinette in Doctor Who (Girl in the Fireplace, season 2) has come out in favour of Noel saying he's been a victim of cancel culture... She basically said on a Twitter space that he'd never made a pass on her when she was at her most attractive so therefore he's innocent. Nevermind the dozens of women who have come forward and spoken up...
She was also dating David Tennant at the time...

Reactions: 15
I saw that. I mean, sex isn't all or nothing. You don't either harass everyone or no one. Maybe she was in too powerful position or too protected to get to. Or maybe she wasn't his type. Or maybe as it was very early in his career he wasn't that type of guy, fame and power hadn't gone to his head.

How dumb are these people. This isn't like a one vs one, there are so many women saying the same thing
She was dating David Tennant at the time they were filmimg together for Dr Who so she definitely would have been protected.

As an aside, it's funny/tragic that she's still got that she played Reinette in her Twitter bio even though that was for one episode 15 years ago...

Reactions: 15
She was dating David Tennant at the time they were filmimg together for Dr Who so she definitely would have been protected.

As an aside, it's funny/tragic that she's still got that she played Reinette in her Twitter bio even though that was for one episode 15 years ago...
Can you imagine if he went for the main star's girlfriend? He would be out the door with his tail between his legs. Come on girl.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
How arrogant and shortsighted is Sophie Myles. So because she never experienced harrassment that makes all those women liars. Let's not cancel Noel, let's cancel all those women who bravely came forward. Stupid witch.

Reactions: 17
I’m 2/3rds through the full video and the impression I’m getting is that he doesn’t care to/realise that things he says are inappropriate if not actively scary.

Also the ✨but they didn’t go to the police✨ isn’t really the killer point he thinks it is. Conviction rates are so so low for any sexual offence + the process is horrific for women. Afaik he’s being accused of harassment and bullying rather than physical offences so would the juice be worth the squeeze for these victims?

He really didn’t come across favourably in it. Even the way he spoke to Zeze was a bit off at points, he’s clearly just a major bleep?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
People like him know that it's unlikely that their victims will go to the police.

Reactions: 11
The BBC article says Clarke is trying to find new solicitors for the case which just before going to court does not look good for him.

I can imagine he's having trouble finding solicitors willing to nod at him that he has a snowball's chance of winning. I suspect if he finds someone willing to do that it will be because they're not actually very good, or because they're relative new and hoping to build some professional standing with their peers by being seen as having made a good showing, even though they expect to lose.

Reactions: 12
The arrogance of him. Clearly learned nothing from Depp/Heard. This is going to put a hard spotlight on all of those allegations.

Reactions: 14
The BBC article says Clarke is trying to find new solicitors for the case which just before going to court does not look good for him.

I can imagine he's having trouble finding solicitors willing to nod at him that he has a snowball's chance of winning. I suspect if he finds someone willing to do that it will be because they're not actually very good, or because they're relative new and hoping to build some professional standing with their peers by being seen as having made a good showing, even though they expect to lose.
If you have 20 women willing to talk to a paper about Noel Clarke, I find it difficult to believe that he's innocent.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If you have 20 women willing to talk to a paper about Noel Clarke, I find it difficult to believe that he's innocent.
I agree, 20 is ridiculous.

I don't think that this is going to go the way that he wants. More than likely it's going to spotlight wrongdoing (criminal or not) that wasn't in the public domain before.

It's been two years since I read the original article and I'm still haunted by that naked audition story.

Reactions: 11
The arrogance of him. Clearly learned nothing from Depp/Heard. This is going to put a hard spotlight on all of those allegations.
Well the tit show of Depp suing Heard is what started this. Manson suing Evan Rachel Wood, the Tate brothers suing their victims, etc.

Reactions: 4
Not only did 20 women come forward, but several of them spoke out under their real names and had their photos included in the articles. That's how much they wanted to hold Noel accountable for his actions. Twenty women don't engage in a conspiracy, make up lies about a person and go to a national newspaper to speak about it; and the national newspaper doesn't print these allegations without doing their due diligence, seeing evidence and running it by their lawyers.

Not one of these women has gained financially from this, and if anything, the ones who spoke out under their real names most likely found it made things harder for them as they probably got harassed and abused for it. Is Noel going to be suing these women for defamation too?

The fact that the Met Police didn't have enough evidence to pursue a criminal investigation means nothing. Very few rape and sexual assault cases make it to trial, with even fewer resulting in a successful prosecution. By their very nature, rape and sexual assault cases are hard to provide evidence for. I was sexually assaulted years ago when I was very young by a powerful man. I finally got enough courage to report it to the police a few years later, but they didn't have enough evidence to go ahead with a case. But I know what happened to me, and that it was a crime.

Furthermore, not all of the allegations are about sexual assault and harassment. Some of them are about bullying, which wouldn't fall under the remit of the police or CPS, but would certainly be enough for an employer, TV channel or a professional organisation like BAFTA to take action.

Noel is hugely arrogant and seems to think he’s playing a game. He posted this tweet a few days ago. Eye contact as not the same as sending women unsolicited photos of your erect penis; sharing sexual images; slapping your employees on their buttocks or groping them; threatening your employee because she won’t film a sex scene with you; holding “naked auditions” and secretly filming them; or threatening an actress after she turned down your propositioning her, and he knows this, the piece of tit:

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 13.49.35.png

You can guarantee that Noel has behaved this way to a lot more than 20 women. I wonder if his suing the Guardian now will make more of them come forward, or anger some of the women who were previously anonymous enough to speak out under their real names. I also believe the Guardian has a lot more allegations against him which they didn't print as they/their lawyers were erring on the side of caution, but perhaps this defamation trial might allow them to emerge.

Bring on the trial, I think it's going to open up a very large can of worms.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Tweets like that won't help endear him to the judge or jury.

Stupid man, he has basically put himself in trial for sexual assault, harassment and bullying. Depp vs heard was very different, that was one word against another and she was as bad as him. Noels case will allow patterns of behaviour to emerge from 20 women!!

If he loses it will confirm him as a sexual predator.

Reactions: 6
The numbers quoted in that article as to how he's arrived at the figure of £10m are eye-opening.

Even without the claimed bad behaviour was he ever worth those lofty amounts?
I think he’s on a hiding to nothing with the lost profit claims etc but I was quite taken aback at just his Sky & ITV salaries for a few episodes alone as quoted, seemed incredibly high, wonder whether they are strictly exactly what he was contractually entitled to?

Reactions: 3