Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does it mean that the documentary he’s been shopping around will not be going forward?

Reading the article he just comes off arrogant and entitled. The police deciding not to proceed with a case does not mean you are innocent as he tries to imply in the article. 20 women, 20.

I think suing for libel will go very badly for him The Guardian did a really thorough piece on him and they will push to take it to court which I reckon is when Noel will back down -there will be far to many people will to speak up and he won’t want that. All the threats he’s making now will be in the hope they pay up so he get some money but then also imply that he is now obviously innocent.

He lost so much supportI think because people who knew him also knew what he was capable of.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Reading the article he just comes off arrogant and entitled. The police deciding not to proceed with a case does not mean you are innocent as he tries to imply in the article. 20 women, 20.

I think suing for libel will go very badly for him The Guardian did a really thorough piece on him and they will push to take it to court which I reckon is when Noel will back down -there will be far to many people will to speak up and he won’t want that. All the threats he’s making now will be in the hope they pay up so he get some money but then also imply that he is now obviously innocent.

He lost so much supportI think because people who knew him also knew what he was capable of.
Would it have been a CPS decision rather than a Police decision not to go ahead?

Reactions: 1
Also some well known people like Jaime Winstone have also spoken out about Noel’s behaviour towards them

All of these people couldn’t have conspired to make this up. His reputation is tarnished now

Reactions: 15
True, although if you are innocent (or feel you are) and have lost everything (especially at such a young age) and have a family to support you would fight fight fight.

In this instance however you can't fight 20 people all accusing you of the same thing. And as people in the industry came forward and it seemed fairly common knowledge within the industry he is in a no win situation.
LIke i say, he is an arrogant man and always has been so in some ways this article is expected and he will now play the victim and blame cancel culture. But he isn't being condemned for an inappropriate tweet 10 years ago, this is a sustained pattern of behaviour in recent times.

Also inappropriate behaviour isn't necessarily illegal behaviour so possibly not everything he is accused of is illegal, just very inappropriate.
Yes your last point there is sadly true, he wasn’t actually accused of rape was he, it was more along the lines of bullying and inappropriate behaviour. Which, if on the receiving end is devastating, but like you say, not necessarily illegal.
saying that, I really hope he isn’t able to to just decide that’s enough time away from the tv I’m coming back now because I say so…

Reactions: 8
He’s saying in that article that it was ok to behave like that when he was young compared to today! I bet other prolific high profile sex pests thought that at the time too!

Reactions: 3
So sick of guys using youth yeah you may say the odd dumb thing but we learn very early on what is and isn't acceptable to women, and in society on general tbh.

I assume he thinks a guy treating his wife or daughter the way he treated others would be perfectly fine.

A lot of young women who worked along side Noel had similar stories. Christina Chong who played his love interest in Bulletproof (one of his latest projects) called him a sexual predator. This can't be a coincidence.

How Plan B hasn’t been thrown into this investigation for the exact same behaviour is beyond me , scores of women have a very similar story to tell about these 2 friends and colleagues at the time
Sorry, are you talking about Plan B the rapper?
And if so what is his role in this?

Reactions: 4
A lot of young women who worked along side Noel had similar stories. Christina Chong who played his love interest in Bulletproof (one of his latest projects) called him a sexual predator. This can't be a coincidence.

Sorry, are you talking about Plan B the rapper?
And if so what is his role in this?

He liked to post pics of himself on socials with women too ( other peoples wives and girlfriends) but coincidently never ever had any photos of his controlled wife wife on there except for one of her in a bikini most recently but that’s been deleted

What I found most interesting about the Clarke article is where it is one persons word against another he is very bullish, but when it's something that can be proven (i.e. sending of intimate photos to other people) he did seem to get very nervous.

Reactions: 5
Would it have been a CPS decision rather than a Police decision not to go ahead?
Yup, police collect the info and provide it to the CPS. Its then examined by the CPS who apply the threshold test, and in this instance they believed it didn't meet the threshold, so no prosecution.

Threshold test is in 2 parts- is there enough evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction?
Is it in the publics interest to prosecute?

So I'm guessing the CPS thought there wasn't enough evidence. Which is surprising when there was 20 women who made allegations.

Reactions: 3
I'd say if it's 1 or 2 women (if they have nothing beyond that) I'd give the benefit of the doubt that possibly either there is some sick jealously/revenge at play or that they may be oversensitive about something harmless/innocent/accidential/not meant in bad faith etc.

20 women is just way too huge of a sample size though. No matter if the police investigates or not.

Reactions: 9
I 100% believe the allegations the women have made.

When I was in my teens, I was added on Facebook by this guy who said he was the casting director for kidulthood he was looking for people for 4321 movie at the time on behalf of NC. So he was holding the auditions etc. He seemingly took a shine to me, because he started asking me to meet for meetings and at first I didn’t realise how inappropriate they were. He never did anything wildly inappropriate but they were basically little dates. He’d always want to meet at Tottenham Court Road tube station then go for walks, or for lunch or for Starbucks and most of the time he’d say NC was coming to meet me which is why I kept going, we kissed once and I’m not sure why i did I think I thought he was cool as he knew all these celebs even though he gave me the absolute ick… eventually I realised that he wasn’t coming and stopped going to meet this guy.

The director then kept calling me, invited me to his house saying I’d get to meet NC etc. told me if I didn’t come I wouldn’t get any acting work, I didn’t even want to be an actor just thought it would be cool to be an extra in a film. He turned really nasty and at the time I thought he was probably a spoofer and didn’t know NC at all.

I had put it to the back of my head until reading this thread this morning; I looked the guy up on insta and he is still in movie and he wasn’t lying about his links to NC, they also both follow each other.

I am so glad that I listened to my gut and didn’t and distanced myself from this man, he also seems quite a bit older than me. But I dread to think of the other girls who were at that open audition (in Starbucks🤔🤔🤣🤣) that really wanted to be actresses and how vulnerable they may have been.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I read the article in the DM and it was the usual stuff - we all make mistakes when we're younger, that was then, this is now, I don't remember that happening, I've been victimised and I'm a nice guy.

Worse to read that his partner was pregnant at the height of all these allegations. Surely she had some inkling what sort of person he is (I know people can live double lives, but the gossip grapevine must have got louder and louder to come to this point).

His accusers disagree and allege sexual harassment. Norwegian film producer Synne Seltveit claims that Clarke slapped her buttocks during a night out in Glasgow in 2015 and then later sent her an explicit picture via Snapchat.

On her first allegation, Clarke responds with a clear denial: 'I never slapped her bottom and would never have done that.'

But his response to her second allegation is less definite. He claimed that they, along with others, engaged in 'banter' about sex that evening, and says: 'I don't recall sending anything. But if I did, it was in the context of the conversation that we all had. I now know that what I regarded as banter is far from appropriate – and it has taken this experience to understand that.
'

Weirdly, a lot of commenters are complaining about cancel culture and saying it's just messing around (sigh, yeah, making women feel uncomfortable and intimidated is not a big thing, eh?) and if he hasn't been convicted, why is his life ruined? Makes you despair of some DM readers (though many of them appear to be male, pretty much what happens in these sort of articles - women are dramatic and over-sensitive, men are just "having fun" - double-sigh).

20 women (or more) simply can't be ignored. I do wonder what's going on with the "insufficient evidence" part - unless it's turned into "he said, she said" and there aren't credible witnesses (?).

Also some well known people like Jaime Winstone have also spoken out about Noel’s behaviour towards them

All of these people couldn’t have conspired to make this up. His reputation is tarnished now
She would have no reason to lie what would she gain but they'd look at more than that to lead to a charge

Sophia Myles who played Reinette in Doctor Who (Girl in the Fireplace, season 2) has come out in favour of Noel saying he's been a victim of cancel culture... She basically said on a Twitter space that he'd never made a pass on her when she was at her most attractive so therefore he's innocent. Nevermind the dozens of women who have come forward and spoken up...

• Sick
  • Angry
Sophia Myles who played Reinette in Doctor Who (Girl in the Fireplace, season 2) has come out in favour of Noel saying he's been a victim of cancel culture... She basically said on a Twitter space that he'd never made a pass on her when she was at her most attractive so therefore he's innocent. Nevermind the dozens of women who have come forward and spoken up...
I saw that. I mean, sex isn't all or nothing. You don't either harass everyone or no one. Maybe she was in too powerful position or too protected to get to. Or maybe she wasn't his type. Or maybe as it was very early in his career he wasn't that type of guy, fame and power hadn't gone to his head.

How dumb are these people. This isn't like a one vs one, there are so many women saying the same thing

Wow. What an egotistical bleep. Read the room, love.