No spend month

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
April was a write off for me so I'm starting over. So far besides bills and food I haven't spent anything which is great for me. My food bill is down as well as I'm trying to waste money on treats I don't need. Hoping I can continue and save a bit over the month.
Good for you. I find saving money is like weight loss . So easy to think f it after a bad day(s) and go on a spiral

Reactions: 7
Good for you. I find saving money is like weight loss . So easy to think f it after a bad day(s) and go on a spiral
Yes 100% 👏🏻, all or nothing mentality, I’m unfortunately guilty of both! Trying to improve though.

Reactions: 4
Is anyone doing a no spend challenge in June? I went a bit spend happy in May so tryna rein it in this month

Reactions: 3
I need to rein it in more next month!! (Even though I started this thread with all my good intentions in April I went a bit shopping happy and treated myself to a couple of pairs of jeans 😧 and some bits in primark this month.) let’s get back on it in June! x

• Heart
I need to rein it in more next month!! (Even though I started this thread with all my good intentions in April I went a bit shopping happy and treated myself to a couple of pairs of jeans 😧 and some bits in primark this month.) let’s get back on it in June! x
It is so difficult, do not beat yourself up. We need escapism and spending money on a treat here and there is absolutely needed for our sanity.

Day 1 is almost over...managed to get thru the work day with out being distracted by online shopping 🥳

• Heart
Ok. I am failing miserably. Ive been out 3 Times this week 1 seeing a friend on bank holiday at the seaside. 1 time on a date (luckily he paid) but still train fare into London etc then went back into London to see another friend today. Ended up spending 45 in a restaurant and I’m still hungry 😅😪😪, train fare not even included so I spent about £60 being out side of my house. Today alone 🥺🥺🥺

Last edited:
Ok. I am failing miserably. Ive been out 3 Times this week 1 seeing a friend on bank holiday at the seaside. 1 time on a date (luckily he paid) but still train fare into London etc then went back into London to see another friend today. Ended up spending 45 in a restaurant and I’m still hungry 😅😪😪, train fare not even included so I spent about £60 being out side of my house. Today alone 🥺🥺🥺
Don’t beat yourself up. This past year has been tough on everyone missing out on opportunities too see people like this. Write it off and start again ☺

• Heart
Dont beat yourself up, i set my rules to include experiences, like to me theres no joy in sitting alone in my house so i dont include commuting to see people (i drive so its petrol) but where i can i just do a packed lunch/snacks….dnt think thatd work on a date tho😂. My rules are no non essentials or beauty treatments i can do myself and no extra make up and skin care only replacements, and no clothes or shoes (I definitely have more than enough)
For me I wanna change my spending habits and I don’t think going cold turkey would be the right thing just making adaptations to how I live my life, i have had 3 days no spend so far (on the 1st i got flowers for my mums bday so its still a no spend kinda)
Oh ive just realised today has been another no spend so 4 days 🥳

• Heart
I fell off during June! I went out and ate so so much last month catching up with friends baby shower etc. Anyway I’m back again for July 🎉🎉 and trying to make it a “low spend” rather than no spend I think.

I fell off during June! I went out and ate so so much last month catching up with friends baby shower etc. Anyway I’m back again for July 🎉🎉 and trying to make it a “low spend” rather than no spend I think.
Yes, I'm planning on a low spend July. Think I spent enough in June to cover June, July and August 😭😂

• Haha
I’m planning a low spend July - I’ve removed my card from Amazon and Apple Pay, going to avoid supermarkets and no take out coffee/take aways.
I think a no spend is way too restrictive for me. I suddenly want to rebel and splurge on unnecessary crap.

Reactions: 5
I got metro bank recently as well as having plum and monzo. Metrobank is basically a card you load with money and you can block and unblock your card so it stops me spending 🤣. Let’s do this! How is everyone coping with restaurants bars etc?

I thought I would post to reopen this thread. I’m going to try and embark on a no spend month (ideally would love a year, but have to be realistic). Has anyone managed to achieve it? Any tips would be helpful 👍🏼

I've been doing this for a few weeks now as I'm planning a house move so need to save money. I was really embarrassed having to hand over bank statements when applying for my mortgage. So much Starbucks, Costa etc! Ridiculous. I now make coffee at home if I'm driving somewhere and take it in a travel mug, saves me spending a fiver at a drive-through.
I need this thread to keep me on the straight and narrow!
What's working for me so far:
I've made myself be less fussy and just eat whatever I have in the house. Lots of forgotten tins of soup have suddenly seen the light of day.
Been going through my stash of beauty products and toiletries instead of buying more.
And shopping at Aldi/Lidl with a list, it makes it easier as there isn't much temptation with clothes and fancy homeware like there is at Sainsbury's.
Like other posters have unsubscribed from spammy emails, plus limiting my time on Instagram as this just gives me house/fashion envy and inspires me to shop online.
Amazed myself how much I was wasting on stuff I don't need and is just cluttering up the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I thought I would post to reopen this thread. I’m going to try and embark on a no spend month (ideally would love a year, but have to be realistic). Has anyone managed to achieve it? Any tips would be helpful 👍🏼
I'd like to give it a go for the month of October, probably take it week by week.

Are we having any rules about what is allowed spending?

I'd like to give it a go for the month of October, probably take it week by week.

Are we having any rules about what is allowed spending?
It’s very personal isn’t it. So I would say make your own rules? I’m going to try from 25th Sept until 25th Oct.

I plan to sit down and write my why and have it somewhere I can see it - maybe even a screensaver!

So far these are things that I don’t need as I currently have too many and need/want to use them up:

• Candles
• Reeds
• Stationery
• Cleaning products (I’m bad for when something new comes out I want to try it!) Might have to ban myself from Home Bargains/B&M’s 🙈

I’m going to think of some more ☺

Reactions: 1