Niomi Smart #3 Trouble in paradise, did Joey flee? We don't know yet but await the fennel tea!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up and can't help but feel bad for Niomi: she's all but confirmed that she and Joe broke up and that's got to be heartbreaking.

I think some are reading too much into the term 'traumatic'. I don't think it means Joe has cheated or anything like that. They were engaged; Niomi clearly envisaged him as the person she was going to spend the rest of her life with and didn't see the glaring problems in the relationship. WE could see that Niomi's controlling nature was taking its toll but she's never going to see that. Imagine how traumatic it would be, therefore, to think everything's fine, you've found your one and then he breaks up with you, seemingly out of the blue. Not to mention that your friends, your family, your entire audience, see you as this perfect couple. It would be utterly humiliating to have to tell everyone it's over.

My concern is that Niomi is just going to throw herself into her project, probably restricting her diet and exercising even more along the way. If Joe has been honest with her this could be a great opportunity for her to get some help and begin to address her issues with control and its impact on her lifestyle, body and relationships. But I just don't see that happening at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I wonder if Niomi will go through a period of anger?

Clearly she’s heartbroken now, but she did up and move her life to India for Joe. And while there she really made an effort to connect with India and build a life for them while he was spending long hours at work. Obviously it was all cut short but she really did go out on a limb for him. They also were actively planning a wedding during lockdown when he must’ve been having doubts.

It’s all just a shame. I wish things worked out differently for them but agree it’s better for this to happen now than a divorce down the road.

Reactions: 9
God, its seems to be well and truly confirmed now. I feel absolutely horrible for her, she literally was willing to give up her entire life in London to support him with his dream, and now a couple of months later she's been dumped. I cannot believe he must of sat there and watched her ask people to be bridesmaids, post about wedding planning and talk about her future knowing he was going to end it. That is cold.

Regardless of the reason, he was an absolute dick if thats the case, she deserved so much better. I really feel for her, I'm a similar age, and to have the rug pulled out from under you when your finally feel like you can start planning for the next phase in your life must be traumatic. I don't think she is referring to anything else when she mentions that. Part of me is still so so surprised he's ended it, he seemed like a bit of a wet sock tbh, never thought he's go through with anything like that, and on paper they seemed perfect for each other, guess it shows how we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors.

Following on from what another tattler said, I watched a few of her recent vlogs back and you can see the tension now. The awkward smiles and unsteadiness, maybe there was problems, but we just never knew. Regardless, we probably never will, i just hope she manages to pull herself back from this.

Reactions: 18
God, its seems to be well and truly confirmed now. I feel absolutely horrible for her, she literally was willing to give up her entire life in London to support him with his dream, and now a couple of months later she's been dumped. I cannot believe he must of sat there and watched her ask people to be bridesmaids, post about wedding planning and talk about her future knowing he was going to end it. That is cold.

Regardless of the reason, he was an absolute dick if thats the case, she deserved so much better. I really feel for her, I'm a similar age, and to have the rug pulled out from under you when your finally feel like you can start planning for the next phase in your life must be traumatic. I don't think she is referring to anything else when she mentions that. Part of me is still so so surprised he's ended it, he seemed like a bit of a wet sock tbh, never thought he's go through with anything like that, and on paper they seemed perfect for each other, guess it shows how we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors.

Following on from what another tattler said, I watched a few of her recent vlogs back and you can see the tension now. The awkward smiles and unsteadiness, maybe there was problems, but we just never knew. Regardless, we probably never will, i just hope she manages to pull herself back from this.
It is a shame. I couldn't imagine the humiliation of having to tell friends and family, let alone 1.5 million (Instagram) followers.

Reactions: 6
Jesus, that was a really hard watch! She looks and sounds absolutely broken. She might have some really problematic traits, but you wouldn’t wish heartbreak on your worse enemy.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Whilst I totally get why everyone saying how heartless Joe is, surely it's better he tells it's over now. Rather than drag it out, so she can have her dream wedding only to then divorce her months later. In my opinion that would be much worse.

Reactions: 19
She literally was willing to give up her life to move to India, where he was working very long hours and she was alone. It did seem in India she made the best of a difficult situation... I have moved countries, to live in my spouses and it is SO hard. It is difficult to make friends as an adult in a foreign country especially if you do not have children or can't work. She really loved him it seems.

She literally was willing to give up her life to move to India, where he was working very long hours and she was alone. It did seem in India she made the best of a difficult situation... I have moved countries, to live in my spouses and it is SO hard. It is difficult to make friends as an adult in a foreign country especially if you do not have children or can't work. She really loved him it seems.
The more I think about it, the worse it seems. Lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m dyyyyying for the gossip. Something BIG has happened! She’s going to be devastated if they’ve broken up because it completely messes up her perfect timeline she portrays online.
She looked really upset at the start of her vid!!

Reactions: 3
I feel really sad for her, I do. I was almost tearing up because you could really sense how upset she is. I commend her for being so strong and holding back the tears. It’s definitely a break up no doubt however I wonder after all this will be back to Nottinghill, matcha lattes and 5am at kobox as usual. I shan’t compare her to Amelia Liana (no two individuals are the same and shouldn’t be). But in her Breakup podcast she did actually go into a lot of details about her breakup, some of the reasons why it happened, admitted frankly that she was way too absorbed in the wedding planning and overall wished she had done things a lot differently. Then podcast conversations with her therapist revealing she potentially has co-dependency issues etc. What I’m trying to say that despite her motives of sharing the breakup so vividly she actively tried to go on a self-healing journey and I hope, change some self-destructing behaviour. I’m curious if Niomi will go on that kind of self healing journey. If I had two breakups in the last 5 years, I’d probably take some timeout (a year or two) to do some inner work, see a therapist or identify certain behaviours or characteristics that carry over from one relationship to another. I’m not saying you should ever change yourself for another person, but definetly identity traits that are potentially self sabotaging to our own happiness and the happiness of others. I don’t doubt she loved him however there a certain degree to the air that she loved him purely because of his looks and how he treated her like a princess. (Don’t get me wrong wouldn’t we all love that). But there has to be something more, a kind of love where you are willing to go vulnerable and make space for one another to grow. Where is that space in-between 10k runs, the next vegan meal and Sherlock Holmes board games to finish the day.

also Do we actually know the time between her breakup with Marcus and meeting joe? Was it just a few months?
I know this isnt an Amelia thread, but what else did she say in her podcast about why they broke up other than the wedding planning?? Just being nosey :D

Reactions: 3
This must be so hard for Niomi, she almost had her perfect life: perfect boyfriend, marrying at a young and pretty age, living in London with him eventually and everything is gone in a couple of weeks. She was almost there. She is 28 y now, will probably never meet someone so perfect (in her eyes) as Joe and will be 30+ if she will ever marry. There is nothing wrong with that but I think that this is awful for Niomi. I don't know what she will do in London, work out and eat healthy? She will always compare her life with her life with Joe. What a messy situation.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
This must be so hard for Niomi, she almost had her perfect life: perfect boyfriend, marrying at a young and pretty age, living in London with him eventually and everything is gone in a couple of weeks. She was almost there. She is 28 y now, will probably never meet someone so perfect (in her eyes) as Joe and will be 30+ if she will ever marry. There is nothing wrong with that but I think that this is awful for Niomi. I don't know what she will do in London, work out and eat healthy? She will always compare her life with her life with Joe. What a messy situation.
I've no idea if Niomi wants kids and I am very sensitive to other people's choices/or if they can so I don't like to speculate. But if she did want children, she would have imagined having a family with Joe, and the fact she will have to meet someone else, etc, could feel daunting for her. I hope she really takes time to heal. She is still young and does have plenty of time to meet someone else although in your late 20s society loves to pressure woman which is sad. Plenty of people I know are now having kids well into their 30s without issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Are you serious?

Some of you guys need to get a grip.
I already said that there is nothing wrong with that, I think that Niomi is fixed on age and image. I would be happy to find a nice guy at any age and I dont want to marry.

Reactions: 6
I can see you had the right the right intentions with that post, but the delivery was wayyy off 🙈 I can understand if she was desperate for children, how awful it must be to start again at 28, though she never really gave off any strong feelings that is what she wanted.

Reactions: 20
It’s 2020. Plenty of women are marrying well into their 30s and if you ask me it‘s far preferable than making those kinds of decisions at 25. As this situation demonstrates— he was not the one.

Niomi is only 28. She’s gorgeous, rich, and well connected. She’ll meet someone new and fall in love again and move on as countless people do after heartbreaks and have a family of her own.

ALSO we have no idea how abrupt this was for her. Perhaps they’ve been fighting and coming apart since India. Perhaps even a bit before then. Maybe there have been ultimatums, brief separations, long discussions, and then the last straw. We don’t really know if she was blindsided or what happened yet.

Reactions: 30
I can see you had the right the right intentions with that post, but the delivery was wayyy off 🙈 I can understand if she was desperate for children, how awful it must be to start again at 28, though she never really gave off any strong feelings that is what she wanted.
I'm sorry, English isn't my first language. I'm curious to see how her life will evolve from now on. I liked the single Niomi in her Notting Hill flat, and the irritation started when she dated Joey and started to rub every perfect aspect in her life in our faces. I wonder what her new motivation will be when she will be in London again. We already saw that she didn't work a lot, just like to portray to us that she was busy.

Reactions: 10
Niomi smart is currently the most read thread on tattle 😵 2020 just gets ever more unprecedented

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
I really feel so bad for her, she definitely did not see that one coming. I feel like she might open up a little bit about the whole thing slowly so I'm sure we'll get an idea of what happened. I was actually surprised she mentioned it at all but I think she really needed some encouraging comments.

Reactions: 10
Other influenzas are also very controlling for various reasons, especially Josie who does it all on purpose, even bragged about her power of suggestion over Charlie but with Niomi it just seems to be her own insecurities and compulsions taking control of both of their lives, that's why it's a bit sad because she's really self-sabotaging.
She needs to self-sabotage on her own for a bit,
And now she's third wheeling 🙊
Apostrophe 🤦‍♀️

I've got bloody pukka tea advertising banners on the site now :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.