Niomi Smart #15 Felt cute, might spread Covid later

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's a cheeky bint! She doesn't even edit her own videos. Does she seriously control anything about her work?

"I would never delete comments!"... someone is, Niomi, and it's not the magical mean comment fairy.
"I didn't know beauty filters existed!"... someone else edits her videos and is definitely using one. Unless her nose is naturally blurred.
"I didn't know there were ten adverts on this video, I have no control!"... right. You should probably get on that
"I would never edit my body!" ... guess that railing is warped in real life too? Or does someone edit your photos for you too?

I mean I don't trust a word she says, she literally said she didn't bake bread once in lockdown when she filmed herself making several loaves so she clearly lives in Niomi Land or is a pathological liar.

11 minutes in, you're telling me that's not a blurring filter... she looks like Voldemort.
I'll go with PATHOLOGICAL LIAR!! 🤥🤥🤥

Reactions: 11
She’s a liar. But if she isn’t, she’s openly admitting to her audience that she, as someone who depends so heavily on social media, doesn’t do basic research into photo editing. I get that she’s trying to defend her honor, that she’s so naturally and effortlessly gorgeous, but the constant denial of editing her photos should be a slap in the face to her viewers, who want some effort out of her content. Gone are the days where you can slap an untouched photo up and call it an ad, you lazy, dumbass. But I think she already knows that, she’s just a liar.

Reactions: 10
She’s a liar. But if she isn’t, she’s openly admitting to her audience that she, as someone who depends so heavily on social media, doesn’t do basic research into photo editing. I get that she’s trying to defend her honor, that she’s so naturally and effortlessly gorgeous, but the constant denial of editing her photos should be a slap in the face to her viewers, who want some effort out of her content. Gone are the days where you can slap an untouched photo up and call it an ad, you lazy, dumbass. But I think she already knows that, she’s just a liar.
Yeh I don't get how you can even claim to be (whatever she thinks her job is) when she doesn't even do the basic elements of it like editing

Reactions: 13
11 minutes in, you're telling me that's not a blurring filter... she looks like Voldemort.
There is a smoothing skin feature on the Canon G7X that she can switch on ON the camera, its also not gonna be accidentally turned on if she's trying to defend it by saying that, lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Honestly I think that the thing I dislike most about Niomi is that she's desperate for everything to look like it comes oh so easily and effortlessly to her. The example I'm thinking about most here is the marathon - she showed a few cursory training runs and that was it. There is no way training for a marathon was easy, but she has to make even something like that, which normally I would laud as a huge achievement for anyone, seem like she just decided to get up one day and run a marathon.

Reactions: 38
Honestly I think that the thing I dislike most about Niomi is that she's desperate for everything to look like it comes oh so easily and effortlessly to her. The example I'm thinking about most here is the marathon - she showed a few cursory training runs and that was it. There is no way training for a marathon was easy, but she has to make even something like that, which normally I would laud as a huge achievement for anyone, seem like she just decided to get up one day and run a marathon.
Yep. It's classic Cool Girl try-hard behavior. "I just woke up like this" she says, as she wears makeup and/or lives with 3+ facials a month. "ALL you have to do to look like me is exercise consistently and eat well" she says whens he restricts calories, over exercises, has skinny genetics, has no real stress or long work hours making her put on weight, ignoring the myriad of things that go into someone's body shape. Erases her teeth fixing video to pretend she's always had this perfect smile. Etc. etc. etc.

I don't know if it's an influencer thing or a wannabe rich/posh person thing, but it's like she's ashamed of putting in work. Like, girl, if you want to edit photos and put on filters, cool. But a) disclose it so a naive 13 year old doesn't go around thinking your skin truly is poreless while hers is a mess and b) own it. Own that it takes skill to become proficient at photo editing, that you do have to learn things to keep up with technology, etc. But no. She wants to pretend it all just falls on her lap.

How can someone be that dumb?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Yep. It's classic Cool Girl try-hard behavior. "I just woke up like this" she says, as she wears makeup and/or lives with 3+ facials a month. "ALL you have to do to look like me is exercise consistently and eat well" she says whens he restricts calories, over exercises, has skinny genetics, has no real stress or long work hours making her put on weight, ignoring the myriad of things that go into someone's body shape. Erases her teeth fixing video to pretend she's always had this perfect smile. Etc. etc. etc.

I don't know if it's an influencer thing or a wannabe rich/posh person thing, but it's like she's ashamed of putting in work. Like, girl, if you want to edit photos and put on filters, cool. But a) disclose it so a naive 13 year old doesn't go around thinking your skin truly is poreless while hers is a mess and b) own it. Own that it takes skill to become proficient at photo editing, that you do have to learn things to keep up with technology, etc. But no. She wants to pretend it all just falls on her lap.

How can someone be that dumb?
yeh totally agree, whenever she posts "I am running so late but..." so... if you are running so late, how do you have time to film yourself?! sorry no one in a normal job would be able to do that. It is funny that she (not only her, of course) have literally made no progress in skills in a "job" they have been doing for years. Most (good) youtubers etc get better at editing, camera use etc... not her

Reactions: 19
Niomi “not an influencer” Smart delegates almost every single part of her job.

- she pays someone (Rosie Lord) to edit her YouTube videos and create her thumbnails
- she pays someone (Georgia Meramo) to shoot and edit her Instagram photos
- she gives a cut of her sponsorship earnings to her management (Gleam) for them to negotiate all brand deals for her and take care of her emails

The only thing she has left on her plate is to pose in front of the camera.

The reason why she doesn’t think of herself as an influencer is that she doesn’t even do any of the (minimal) work this job involves. She probably thinks of herself as some kind of it-girl who’s just casually living her life and happens to have it documented on the internet. Her desperation to come across as effortless is what pushes her to constantly claim she’s clueless about everything (doesn’t know how to use filters, doesn’t know how to use basic YouTube features, doesn’t know how to edit, doesn’t delete comments, etc). But instead of making her seem effortless, it just makes her come across as disingenuous, pompous, and incredibly lazy. She’s an idiot and a fraud.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I'm offended on behalf of S1-S7 Rory Gilmore (A Year in the Life was a Dumpster Fire and best ignored because...what even is a character arc or plot?). At least she was hardworking. Sure, she had an inflated ego and really good luck, but she put in the work most of the time. When has Niomi ever put in the work? Unless we count paying others to edit her video or spending hours figuring ways to cut her calories to a minimum.
Totally off-topic, but YES! A Year In The Life was so SO bad! How could they duck over those characters like that? I absolutely hate what they did to Lane and Paris and UGH! Amy Sherman-Palladino should have left Gilmore Girls alone. I much prefer season 7 over this horrid thing.

Wow, I'm way more passionate about this than I thought 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
yeh totally agree, whenever she posts "I am running so late but..." so... if you are running so late, how do you have time to film yourself?! sorry no one in a normal job would be able to do that. It is funny that she (not only her, of course) have literally made no progress in skills in a "job" they have been doing for years. Most (good) youtubers etc get better at editing, camera use etc... not her
back when I cared about and watched the brit crew this bothered me none stop. They always filmed themselves doing something while running late and I wouls get so annoyed at them 🤣

• Haha
LOL it seems like the person who creates her thumbnails doesn't like her because she made Niomi look like Caroline Hirons in this one 😅
Untitled.png

• Haha
Is she going to be staying at her family home now the uk is in a national lockdown?
And off topic but out of curiosity,will this lockdown be a proper lockdown aka no takeaway coffees etc or will things still be open and lots of ppl around cities etc?(I'm not from the uk)
I think cafes and restaurants are allowed to provide takeaway food and drink (but not alcohol) in order to ensure the hospitality industry doesn't completely collapse.

Reactions: 5
I can't believe she never did another vlogmas... and it's now January 5 and still not a peep. What a joke! I think "influencers" in general are becoming more like this - it's easier to just shill products by doing an insta post (or story) and not have to do the work involved in a whole video or vlog. Many YouTubers I used to watch consistently now do like 1-2 videos per month on average. I don't have insta so I just don't see that stuff as much. I get that people may want more privacy or something, but it comes off as lazy and entitled and loses viewers

Reactions: 10
She’s so bloody smug it does my nut in. The comment about “I just eat right” has pissed me right off

enjoy this collection of pics of her being holier than thou/ smug regarding Joeeey I gathered whilst waiting for my dinner in the oven 😇😇😇

also I get shudders down my spine everytime she calls him “you.” - major psycho vibes

oh and ofc the infamous lobster one
(I’ll go get a life now)
I fixed a few
j1.jpg

j2.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
She’s such cringy head. In every insta story video of herself you can tell she loves herself and thinks she’s hot tit, it’s something about the facial expression, can’t explain what it is...

Reactions: 17
She’s such cringy head. In every insta story video of herself you can tell she loves herself and thinks she’s hot tit, it’s something about the facial expression, can’t explain what it is...
Here's one of them:

1609870465351.png

Such a little mouse!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I can't believe she never did another vlogmas... and it's now January 5 and still not a peep.
I can!! She knew she was in the wrong for going to Brighton- sorry, "Sussex" because she turned the comments off on her YouTube video. She was hardly going to post another because it would a) mean people would criticise her again b) if she turned the comments off then she'd get flack for it.

Her behaviour since splitting with Joe has been disgraceful and she's hiding behind "self love". She needs to know that learning to love yourself and find yourself doesnt work if you turn yourself into a vain, vacuous narcissist.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
LOL it seems like the person who creates her thumbnails doesn't like her because she made Niomi look like Caroline Hirons in this one 😅
View attachment 373346
caroline hirons is a goddess cos she has a personality, how dare you compare blank nims to her ?!
do you mean something about niomis face in this? whats wrong with it?

omg i looooove these and the first i know exactly where its shot. close to their first date spot.
aaaaaaaa lol lololololol

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.