Niki Mahon nikita byniki d

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really dislike her outfit! It’s too different. She’s made more of a deal out of her white dress than this which says a lot about her really.

Reactions: 3
I don’t like that bra style outfit.

The trend tends to be wear as skimpy a top as you can with a flowy skirt. It’s not “ modern” it’s just getting more and more vulgar and western (the trend)

Leave it to Bollywood and get an Indian style outfit that would be different.

Reactions: 4
I don’t like that bra style outfit.

The trend tends to be wear as skimpy a top as you can with a flowy skirt. It’s not “ modern” it’s just getting more and more vulgar and western (the trend)

Leave it to Bollywood and get an Indian style outfit that would be different.
Yes precisely westernising ie bastardising traditional Asian wear. Not on.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else get the impression that Niki is actually so whitewashed and only had the Punjabi wedding for aesthetics and the gram?

Also I know Niki isn’t the only one guilty of this, but I find it so disrespectful when brides (or anyone really) wear crop top lenghas for their Anand Karaj. The Gurdwara should absolutely not be allowing this

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else get the impression that Niki is actually so whitewashed and only had the Punjabi wedding for aesthetics and the gram?

Also I know Niki isn’t the only one guilty of this, but I find it so disrespectful when brides (or anyone really) wear crop top lenghas for their Anand Karaj. The Gurdwara should absolutely not be allowing this
Agree…have some respect, place of worship fully cover up even if you white washed.

i dont mind the sponsored stuff at weddings nor do i mind the non traditional styles of desi wear, tons of brides look stunning in non traditional wear and tons of brides have looked sooooo repetitive and boring in super traditional (like katrina kaif for example). nowhere in sikhi does it say you can't wear a crop top, men who wear bane go to gurdwara in just a bana and shorts so why is it an issue when a girl shows some skin?

niki's looks were just straight up boring, that's the real issue. they were all like super old trends/styles to me. like something u would see uk brides from the 00's wear. its also not a matter of being simple, i have seen tons of brides go for minimalistic looks and it looks so stunning and radiant. but she just did not have that bridal glow and her looks looked like they were put together last minute. like it was all she could find off the clearance rack

just an example of a bride who did a lehenga thats super minimalist with only embroidery on the dupatta and simple borers used all on every piece of the outfit. compared to niki's which has more embroidery, the minimalist bride pops more. if you're going to "take a stand" against what is expected of traditional brides, at least do it right.

1658710050574.png
1658710093183.png

Attachments

Last edited:
i dont mind the sponsored stuff at weddings nor do i mind the non traditional styles of desi wear, tons of brides look stunning in non traditional wear and tons of brides have looked sooooo repetitive and boring in super traditional (like katrina kaif for example). nowhere in sikhi does it say you can't wear a crop top, men who wear bane go to gurdwara in just a bana and shorts so why is it an issue when a girl shows some skin?

niki's looks were just straight up boring, that's the real issue. they were all like super old trends/styles to me. like something u would see uk brides from the 00's wear. its also not a matter of being simple, i have seen tons of brides go for minimalistic looks and it looks so stunning and radiant. but she just did not have that bridal glow and her looks looked like they were put together last minute. like it was all she could find off the clearance rack

just an example of a bride who did a lehenga thats super minimalist with only embroidery on the dupatta and simple borers used all on every piece of the outfit. compared to niki's which has more embroidery, the minimalist bride pops more. if you're going to "take a stand" against what is expected of traditional brides, at least do it right.

View attachment 1444069View attachment 1444071
Yeah agree with you here, it’s not about showing skin, it’s 2022. my issue is that she thinks she has a unique dressing sense, but she isn’t creative enough to get it right. Love the minimalist red bridal dress 😍

Reactions: 5
I personally don’t like the bra top wedding trend not because it’s showing skin but because it’s the only style for any fame hungry influencer and it seems to less and less cloth. It’s that backward mentality of “we are so modern we can wear a bra top” and our parents don’t mind! Aren’t they modern!?

The western angle gone too far.

The Bride above looks like a bride because she has kept it Bridal whereas a lot of these bra top shots don’t even include the bridal scarf. It becomes a bra top and skirt not bridal. It makes me cringe.

Back to the point, her outfit just isn’t nice that’s it. We are all agreed on that. What was she thinking?

Her reception outfit is very plain for that of a bride. Were these all gifted?
It’s funny how she posted all the party videos now cos we commented on this last week how no one was allowed to post the party until she posts… it is still carefully curated niki. Not authentic or organic.

If she wears the scarf with the outfit it looks like an Indian outfit without it it’s a bra and skirt not bridal. 😩

She had a Punjabi wedding with an Asian Dj just to play English club music?? What was the point loooolll

I agree, outfit is very underwhelming!! She missed the mark on this one

nowhere in sikhi does it say you can't wear a crop top, men who wear bane go to gurdwara in just a bana and shorts so why is it an issue when a girl shows some skin?
It’s always wrong when men do it, I wasn’t vilifying women. I think anybody going into a place of worship should show some respect and have the sense to cover up

Anyone else think Niki looks like she's flicking flies when she's dancing? I agree with everything that's bee said, her outfits/looks were so basic... defo was missing the wow factor. I was surprised she even had a sikh wedding as she definitely doesn't come across someone who's cultured at all. Even when she dances to punjabi music, she's just grinding or flicking flies.
Also Jack is half indian, half white for whoever asked above.

• Haha
It’s always wrong when men do it, I wasn’t vilifying women. I think anybody going into a place of worship should show some respect and have the sense to cover up
it's not wrong when men do it as Khalsa panth do it also. obviously don't show up in a bikini, but there's nothing wrong with showing your knees, ankles, shoulders or midriff. the only reason people think it is wrong is because they themselves are sexualising those body parts. niki's outfits were bad because they were so boring and looked cheap, not because she's disrespecting sikhi by showing two inches of her stomach. if we want to talk about religious offenses, we can discuss how she had an Anand Karaj when she clearly doesn't care about sikhi and is only doing it for the punjabi culture

Also wasn't Niki doing her indian reception at the National History Museum? What happened to that? For someone whos been raving about her wedding for over 2 years, it looked so dead and boring. It seemed like a standard clubbing night, shots and jumping up and down on the dance floor. I don't understand what was the point of having an Indian reception when the music was the same tit they played at the civil wedding reception last weekend too 🤷🏻‍♀️

I agree I don’t think a bra top should be worn in a religious ceremony. Not aimed at her, aimed at this new trend.

I think they follow Bollywood because the bra top trend started there. I can imagine them talking to their free suppliers and asking them to take inches off of the top until it’s a bra.

Seriously jumping around in a bra and skirt on stage and then putting on a public forum is such a strange concept. I wonder how everyone else that was there feels about being publically advertised.

bless her she’s having a good time! It’s her Instagram
Also wasn't Niki doing her indian reception at the National History Museum? What happened to that? For someone whos been raving about her wedding for over 2 years, it looked so dead and boring. It seemed like a standard clubbing night, shots and jumping up and down on the dance floor. I don't understand what was the point of having an Indian reception when the music was the same tit they played at the civil wedding reception last weekend too 🤷🏻‍♀️
it was just underwhelming the look and wedding for all the hype. Bless her though, having a great time and it’s showing she is happy… For me its the way she briefed guests not to post last weekend, then this weekend all party pics cos we mentioned it that irritates me. Just be happy niki, do what you want don’t turn your wedding into full on insta content.