Nigel Farage

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed. People fell for Nigel and the Tories' complete and utter bollocks of the EU being responsible for the UK's societal issues. It's pretty clear who's responsible for those issues - the party in power since 2010.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We have way too much immigration for a small island. Cut it in half and watch things improve- it would free up housing for a start. Baby steps :) Of course immigration's not the only issue and austerity HAS had an impact, but it does contribute
It's not about being callous towards migrants in need, but we get it ALL and we can't cope. There needs to be more of a balance

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
We have way too much immigration for a small island. Cut it in half and watch things improve- it would free up housing for a start. Baby steps :) Of course immigration's not the only issue and austerity HAS had an impact, but it does contribute
It's not about being callous towards migrants in need, but we get it ALL and we can't cope. There needs to be more of a balance
We aren't a 'small island' though

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
The percentage of non-UK nationals living in council housing is really, really small (less than 5%). We've already seen the impact of fewer doctors, nurses and care workers from overseas and it's only going to get worse. It really isn't these people taking up housing or doctor's appointments, it's the absolute desecration of public services and funding and it's been happening for such a long time. Sending people to Rwanda is not going to get British people a house or a GP appointment any quicker. Germany have a lower population and higher immigration rates and they manage just fine.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Oh dear. We don't get it all. The UK ranked 16th when compared with the 27 EU countries for the number of asylum claims granted in 2021. Stop believing the tit that Farage comes out with.

• Heart
  • Wow
I don't understand why folk don't contemplate how bad their lives must be to literally get in a small boat, sometimes with their kids, and risk their entire lives to just get to somewhere safe.
Excuse my ignorance but I thought the boats coming to the uk where coming from a safe country? no??

Celeb jungle wise Farage seems a nice guy, I'll definitely be taking more notice of who he is and what he's about but for now I'm hoping he wins over the exaggeration? that is Sam 👿

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The people coming here in small boats are coming from FRANCE, so I’m not entirely sure what it is about the UK that makes them willing to risk their lives to leave that and come here illegally.

Or am I?

Reactions: 18
I am a Brexiter and hated the fact that my cause was forever associated with the awful Farage.
Then one day I listened to him, not what the papers or TV were telling me he said, but his actual words, without things being twisted or cut short and I agreed with him and liked him. Same with Katie, and even Trump! They are not like they are portrayed I don't agree with everything, of course, but don't agree with everything my best friends say either.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I quite like Katie Hopkins 🤣
She can be likable, I have followed her and agreed with her on certain things... But then... But then she goes off on one and then "I'm like do you know what, you are just a bleep!!! 🤣🤣

I will probably refollow her and see what she's up to now, I also think it's important to follow people who have strong stances on things especially if they aren't your own. People seem to go off of 3rd party info, who tell them certain things and twist it. It's always better to hear for yourself and make up your own mind. If you don't agree don't start yelling and screaming and insulting the others intelligence (the number one tactic of those caring lefties 🙄). If you don't agree still listen to their point, ask questions and give your point of view. If you don't agree with someone you still don't get to dehumanise them.

Things will only improve if we speak, listen and compromise. It's only the people in power who win when we are at each other's throats. We are closer then we are far apart.

I'm staunchly middle ground before anyone accuses me of being a right-winger 🤣🤣 I used to be left but I really hated how they demonised the other side and how the go too seemed to be to dehumanise and insult the intelligence of people who disagree with you rather than listening and using empathy to understand why their stances are what they are. No just far easier to think your special and smarter than everyone 🙄🙄
---
Excuse my ignorance but I thought the boats coming to the uk where coming from a safe country? no??

Celeb jungle wise Farage seems a nice guy, I'll definitely be taking more notice of who he is and what he's about but for now I'm hoping he wins over the exaggeration? that is Sam 👿
The boats also aren't full of doctors. If you're a doctor you can apply to work in the UK. Just like you do in Australia.
---
These people in boats need help. But they need to be distributed fairly from one country to another. They shouldn't be getting boats from France to the UK. That's a sign that something is majorly wrong with the whole process.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Yel

It's pretty reductive just blaming the long term structural issues on the current government and one person.

Brexit imo started with Blair. When the EU was enlarged to the east in 2004 countries like Germany and France limited the freedom of movement for 5 years. Blair could have done but didn't. Even Spain and Portugal limited free movement for 2 years and their living standards were well below the UK. Then always used the EU as a punching bag to blame issues on, successive leaders also carried on blaming the EU like Blair started.

Was always going to cause problems with free movement with countries where living standards are so different. Seems common sense to limit it for a few years so once these countries join the EU they get access to the money for development and then in a few years when living standards have caught up then freedom of movement starts.

High immigration suited those at the top, the people at the bottom were left fighting for scraps while the profit was creamed off with little investment in the infrastructure. People were told to accept it otherwise you're a bigot.

I can see why people voted for Brexit after being told to shut up for many years and there was little recognition of the issues people were facing.

It's also happening at the same time as the decline of the west. We can no longer pay someone 30c to work all day to provide us with cheap goods and food. That along with printing money like a drunken sailor and war between two large producers in Europe is to blame for most of the inflation. I cringe everytime I hear it's solely due to brexit - broccoli is $4 in the states and Hungary has food inflation 300%+ higher than the UK!

I guess it's easier to blame it all on Tories, Brexit and Nigel rather than the many responsible for where we are today.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It's pretty reductive just blaming the long term structural issues on the current government and one person.

Brexit imo started with Blair. When the EU was enlarged to the east in 2004 countries like Germany and France limited the freedom of movement for 5 years. Blair could have done but didn't. Even Spain and Portugal limited free movement for 2 years and their living standards were well below the UK then. Then always used the EU as a punching bag to blame issues on, successive leaders also carried on blaming the EU like Blair started.

Was always going to cause problems with free movement with countries where living standards are so different. Seems common sense to limit it for a few years so once these countries join the EU they get access to the money for development and then in a few years when living standards have caught up then freedom of movement starts.

High immigration suited those at the top, the people at the bottom were left fighting for scraps while the profit was creamed off with little investment in the infrastructure. People were told to accept it otherwise you're a bigot.

I can see why people voted for Brexit after being told to shut up for many years and there was little recognition of the issues people were facing.

It's also happening at the same time as the decline of the west. We can no longer pay someone 30c to work all day to provide us with cheap goods and food. That along with printing money like a drunken sailor and war between two large producers in Europe is to blame for most of the inflation. I cringe everytime I hear it's solely due to brexit - broccoli is $4 in the states and Hungary has food inflation 300%+ higher than the UK!

I guess it's easier to blame it all on Tories, Brexit and Nigel rather than the many responsible for where we are today.
Hear hear 👏🏻

Reactions: 11
The issue’s that both sides- those who think it’s immigration and those who think it’s austerity/Brexit- get really het up and passionate about their sole chosen reason for the UK’s societal problems. That goes for politicians too. If we just accept it’s a bit of both we’ll start to see the bigger picture :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
People who vote for Nigel to win I'm a Celeb remind me of those women who write letters to murderers in prison. They always say "he's a nice guy really, he's just misunderstood."

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
People who vote for Nigel to win I'm a Celeb remind me of those women who write letters to murderers in prison. They always say "he's a nice guy really, he's just misunderstood."
That’s not very constructive is it. If you made a point that wasn’t so hyperbolic (comparing him to a murderer) we might be able to see why you don’t like him

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That’s not very constructive is it. If you made a point that wasn’t so hyperbolic (comparing him to a murderer) we might be able to see why you don’t like him
No it's not is it!? Ya see this is the exact sort of language I was on about, what's the point in needlessly slinging insults and demeaning others intelligence!? All it serves is the posters ego. It's so reductive.

• Heart
No it's not is it!? Ya see this is the exact sort of language I was on about, what's the point in needlessly slinging insults and demeaning others intelligence!? All it serves is the posters ego. It's so reductive.
Just ignore it and look at Nigey’s lovely hanging baskets that he made ❤
Some posters have made some good points though. I like this discussion, it’s very respectful and robust on the whole

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The issue’s that both sides- those who think it’s immigration and those who think it’s austerity/Brexit- get really het up and passionate about their sole chosen reason for the UK’s societal problems. That goes for politicians too. If we just accept it’s a bit of both we’ll start to see the bigger picture :)
Of course there's no sole reason. But to deny that the main issue is what the Tories have done to the country since 2010 is denial. We've had nothing but austerity which hits those at the bottom hard, but those at the top are fine.

Guess which category Farage belongs to, moaning about his Coutts account.

Reactions: 2
Of course there's no sole reason. But to deny that the main issue is what the Tories have done to the country since 2010 is denial. We've had nothing but austerity which hits those at the bottom hard, but those at the top are fine.

Guess which category Farage belongs to, moaning about his Coutts account.
Immigration also doesn’t hit those at the top as hard. It’s really a privilege issue- of course politicians are privileged, that’s why they can’t sort everything out properly. So frustrating :)

And the coutts issue is freedom of speech. You really don’t want to have your rights taken away by the establishment…

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Nigel is that jovial family member you knky ever see at Christmas, funerals and weddings.
Laughing and joking and generally being a bit of fun until he goes off on one about migrants and boats.
"Oh, it's just Uncle Nige, don't make a fuss."

He is one of the prime reasons this country has descended into the state it is in and why hate speech is becoming more and more commonplace.
Do I think he believes half of what he says, when he has a Eurpoean wife, takes money from Europe and lives in Europe?
No.
He's like Piers Morgan in that respect; a contrarian.

Is he coming across well in IAC?
Yes.
Is he still a nob?
Yes.
---
Face it; this country is so fucked at the moment because of politicians making sure they and their mates get big paydays. The NHS isn't in a mess because of immigration; it's in a mess because the government for the last decade has funelled money to their pals.

But this is a thread about Nigel so... is he watchable? Yes.
Is he still a nob?
Yes.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 10