Nicola Bulley Missing #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It did cross my mind whether she could have had a stalker. From what I've read, her personal facebook and business page are set to public. And I read that she frequently shared her walks/route on her business page. I still however think she's more likely to be in the river but theres just alot of different possibilities, that can't really be 100% ruled out.
Theres definitly lots of lessons to be learned about personal and online safety.

Reactions: 30
I haven’t kept up with all the threads because they move so fast but I can’t believe they still haven’t found her. I’m about 90% convinced she’s in the river but you just can’t say for certain can you. Just the thought of her being in there somewhere while her partner and daughters are at home with no answers breaks my heart. If this was a tragic accident I hope to god she didn’t suffer too much. I feel quite sad about the whole thing tonight 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Did anyone see how the one CCTV that would’ve seen everything isn’t working? Sorry if it’s been mentioned already but I’ve been skim reading.
I don’t think we know anything about that CCTV apart from it doesn’t work.
It would be interesting to know did it ever work, if it did when did it stop working and what caused that ie. wore out, smashed etc. But I don’t think that info will be made public.

Reactions: 14
And also someone has posted the list of people who were “ following” her strava which is very weird. I don’t know how strava works so don’t know if you can get random strangers following you or whether you have to “ approve” ?
You can have an open or private account on Strava, the latter being where you'd have to approved a follower. You can also obscure the start/end of an activity by a quarter of mile so people can't see it. I do both, not that I use it enough!

Reactions: 17
And also someone has posted the list of people who were “ following” her strava which is very weird. I don’t know how strava works so don’t know if you can get random strangers following you or whether you have to “ approve” ?
I reckon you must be able to choose who sees it. I cycle a bit and admit I’ve thought about using it but now I won’t?
I’m also going to change route more. It’s so sad that something like this brings it home to you?

Reactions: 15
Genuine question and I really don’t mean to come across as insensitive as I think it’s really awful, but why has this case gained so much media attraction when so many adults are reported missing everyday?

Reactions: 34
I don’t think we know anything about that CCTV apart from it doesn’t work.
It would be interesting to know did it ever work, if it did when did it stop working and what caused that ie. wore out, smashed etc. But I don’t think that info will be made public.
I think if it had been smashed out, the police would suspect foul play, but they are still maintaining that there's no evidence of that. So I suspect that the cctv was just randomly not working.

Reactions: 5
Let's
Yes. My thoughts exactly. She could have been noticed if she walked there regularly I suppose?They’d have to have entered and left through the blind spots. Seems unlikely.
Random attacks do happen though.. who knows what goes on in the mind of such bastards?😡
Yes...just please get her back home now... no matter what...😪

Reactions: 10
I completely forgot about this post I saw on FB yesterday.😳 I’m sure her intentions were good but just NO, it’s so wrong to be involving children, let alone a very vulnerable child.
And so it begins. There was stuff like this in the Facebook ‘army’ groups for children like Archie Battersbee and Star Hobson. Parents taking their little ones to see Star’s grave, making ‘star’ decorations for Christmas. It’s a whole new level of grief tourism and it’s sick to involve children in this way.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
I completely forgot about this post I saw on FB yesterday. 😳 I’m sure her intentions were good but just NO. It‘s so wrong to be involving children, let alone a very vulnerable child.
Wtf!! I’m all for people having their own beliefs and spirituality but don’t involve a child in such a sensitive case

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
So just to add to a post on the last thread about sharing tips on how to be safe. My husband is one assessment away from black belt in krav maga. He's always told me that if I ever get attacked (specifically by a man) the basic (but effective) moves would be, a throat punch, a kick to the balls, if you really must then fingers in his eyes. If your being strangled try not to panic (easier said than done I know) but pull their thumbs right back hard and they'll have no choice but to let go. Now obviously I dont condone violence but I just felt it important to give a few tips if anyone were to ever find themselves in a situation like that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93
I think if it had been smashed out, the police would suspect foul play, but they are still maintaining that there's no evidence of that. So I suspect that the cctv was just randomly not working.
I also wondered if the locals, or people at that site would‘ve been aware it didn’t work but yes good point about had it been damaged.

Reactions: 11
Another one who says it's odd to rule out 3rd party

Ex cop tells police to bring in another force on Nicola Bulley case # via https://android.com
Definitely... why is every resource and funding being concentrated on the river ....get away from the river and look beyond that... there is mire going on with this case.

Reactions: 8
So just to add to a post on the last thread about sharing tips on how to be safe. My husband is one assessment away from black belt in krav maga. He's always told me that if I ever get attacked (specifically by a man) the basic moves would be, a throat punch, a kick to the balls, if you really must then fingers in his eyes. If your being strangled try not to panic (easier said than done I know) but pull their thumbs right back hard and they'll have no choice but to let go. Now obviously I dont condone violence but I just felt it important to give a few tips if you ever find yourself in a situation like that.
I've got three older brothers.. they usually don't mess with me.. if I can't beat with them my tongue I just give them a look ... if they want fight me... bring it on. 🦾🤪😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just a point about her being vulnerable due to her strava or even because she kept really regular walking habits..if there has been foul play?(My view is still on a tragic accident…)
It could either be a complete random. They do exist, spot a woman they like and take a chance OR it could be someone she thinks she can trust and has known or worked with for a while. She might have shared more details of her life with them?
I think we’re conditioned to expect random attackers lurking in bushes when danger can often come from people we’ve known for years.. it’s a hell of a world.😞

Reactions: 23
And I’m sure he gets paid well for a lot of the work he does but credit where credit is due in helping some without charging.

Sorry but I have little sympathy for him. Had he kept his head down and got on with the Job, rather than trying to belittle police efforts, bragging about his abilities and giving endless interviews as if he’s leading the case, I might have felt for him and now it seems he’s playing the sympathy card trying to stay relevant. 🙄

And the constant #nicolabulley in his/their posts is really inappropriate, to me anyway.

View attachment 1943742

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Definitely... why is every resource and funding being concentrated on the river ....get away from the river and look beyond that... there is mire going on with this case.
Every resource is not on the river. What makes you think it is?

Even Peter the people’s hero said that the police is doing loads of behind the scenes work on different angles of this case.

I am sure a hell of a lot of resource is on piecing together every second of dashcam and cctv footage and car identification to make sure they have covered every moment and that they can’t see Nicola or any suspicious activity anywhere else. It will be a huge undertaking. I reckon they are almost there. Unfortunately this will be a case of proving where she isn’t, rather than where she is, which is never going to be enough for some people.
---

And I’m sure he gets paid well for a lot of the work he does but credit where credit is due in helping some without charging.

Sorry but I have little sympathy for him. Had he kept his head down and got on with the Job, rather than trying to belittle police efforts, bragging about his abilities and giving endless interviews as if he’s leading the case, I might have felt for him and now it seems he’s playing the sympathy card trying to stay relevant. 🙄

And the constant #nicolabulley in his/their posts is really inappropriate, to me anyway.

View attachment 1943742
What’s he on about? What are people accusing him of?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.