Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pumpkin84

VIP Member
So just to add to a post on the last thread about sharing tips on how to be safe. My husband is one assessment away from black belt in krav maga. He's always told me that if I ever get attacked (specifically by a man) the basic (but effective) moves would be, a throat punch, a kick to the balls, if you really must then fingers in his eyes. If your being strangled try not to panic (easier said than done I know) but pull their thumbs right back hard and they'll have no choice but to let go. Now obviously I dont condone violence but I just felt it important to give a few tips if anyone were to ever find themselves in a situation like that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93

Origen

VIP Member
One interesting thing on the Facebook site?
They’ve posted her Strava.. which she filled in detailing the timings, length in km and exact location of her walks with Willow. The maps of where she walked each day are exceptionally consistent.it’s practically the same walk each day, she never varied.
So she was unfortunately detailing where she would be each day and what time. The walks lasted over half an hour to around 45 mins?
Before I read this I didn’t realise how potentially unsafe posting strava could be?
In a way you’re saying.. I’ll be on my own, in an isolated area and pinpointing exactly where you’ll be?
It’s a bit of a warning to all of us.

• Sad
Reactions: 80

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
FAQ’s and info - please read

Nicola parked at school, dropped her daughters off, and started the walk from there as usual.
Doorbell footage has been shared of her leaving home that morning.

Nicola joined a Teams call but was on mute with her camera off, which was standard for that call. Unfortunately this meant that the other participants did not see or hear anything.
The call ended at 0930 but Nicola did not disconnect from the call.

The photo of the river bank shows the drop down to the water. The police diver had to be helped out by 2 people.

Nicola’s phone, along with her dog Willow’s harness and lead, were found on or near the bench shown in top left of the photo.

There was just 23 minutes between the last sighting (0910) and the phone, harness and lead being found (0933); and just 13 minutes between the phone being at the bench (0920) and being found.

Willow was dry when found so hadn’t been in the water - this does not mean that she did or didn’t see Nicola in the water. It simply means that the dog did not go in.

Willow wasn’t wearing her harness and that was normal on a walk, it was usually removed along with the lead for that part of the walk.

They didn’t usually take a ball but it’s not certain that they didn’t on this day.

Willow was found agitated, running between the bench and gate to the section of the field by the river. This is a small area.

Nicola’s partner was at home, and has never been named as a suspect - this has always been a missing person enquiry.

Nicola’s partner has a business which is shown on Companies House as ‘compulsory strike off’ just after Nicola’s disappearance. This does not in any way suggest financial difficulties. It purely means the company was already in the process of being closed.
He is director of another company which is still trading, and he works in a skilled industry.
It is explained here https://tattle.life/threads/nicola-bulley-missing-4.37193/post-13873756

A helicopter with thermal imaging was deployed the day Nicola went missing, to search above the river.

Lancs Police are using the caravan park as their base. All empty caravans have been searched, as have local empty properties along and near to the riverbank.

Nicola’s family are keeping all possibilities open in the hope of Nicola’s safe return, which is absolutely understandable.

SGI began to assist the search efforts on Monday, with Peter Faulding giving ever-changing updates on when he expects to be able to confirm whether Nicola is or is not in the river. Unfortunately his comments are mostly contradictory and unhelpful.

A GoFundMe page was set up on Monday by a family friend with a target of £100,000. This was quickly changed after social media unrest to £50,000, then £5,000. Shortly after, the page was closed before it raised even £500, and the friend posted on Facebook to state that the family didn’t initially know she was doing it, and she was just trying to help.

Lancs Police gave an update via press conference on Tuesday, confirming that they are still focussing huge resource on the search effort and asking the general public to avoid doing anything to make this any more difficult.

The police have continuously stated that the most likely situation is that Nicola has sadly somehow entered the water, but they remain open to all possibilities and fully investigate all information they receive. There are 40 detectives working on the case.

2 exits from the walking route are not covered by CCTV - the caravan park (camera not working) and the A road. Police are working to contact all drivers to obtain dashcam footage where possible on the A road but there were around 7,000 drivers to contact.

Please be mindful of Nicola’s family with any comments made ❤

Link to the police update:

4496F126-29C2-4131-BB71-39BDA9AD695A.jpeg
A25EE672-07D5-4B6C-9FD7-B6B17892DDE5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I am waving my white flag for some help over here and some normal / sane conversation. My mother in law is currently ‘analysing’ a picture of willlow to see if her eyes can tell her anything.

SAVE ME.

• Haha
Reactions: 64

Tofino

VIP Member
I completely forgot about this post I saw on FB yesterday.😳 I’m sure her intentions were good but just NO, it’s so wrong to be involving children, let alone a very vulnerable child.
And so it begins. There was stuff like this in the Facebook ‘army’ groups for children like Archie Battersbee and Star Hobson. Parents taking their little ones to see Star’s grave, making ‘star’ decorations for Christmas. It’s a whole new level of grief tourism and it’s sick to involve children in this way.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

kata420

Chatty Member
Unpopular opinion, but I think the harsh commentary towards sonar man Pater (forget his surname) are somewhat unjustified. Yes, what he is saying conflicts with the narrative the Lancaster police are leading with, but there is also every chance he could be bloody right. I have a lot of respect for him for showing up to help. I feel sorry for him. He is getting dogged online.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
Remind me to delete my internet footprint If I ever went missing (god forbid).
the amount of speculation and nonsense scenarios people are coming up with is unbelievable.
last week I posted on my Instagram complaining about the daylight robbery which is the gas bill = “she was in financial difficulty therefore she faked her death for an insurance payout”
My neighbour heard my husband yell at me one time when I reversed my car into the pillar for the 3rd time that year- “the husband murdered her”
I had a white ribbon sewn to my swimming costume In primary school- “she couldn’t have drowned she was a strong swimmer”

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
Tik Tok…. Wow!! Do you know I’ve just had a chat with my kids about it. I can cope with daft dances, ridiculously organised cupboards and make up tutorials but seriously. I’ve just watched a lad trying to get into the abandoned house, a guy with a crystal ball and a body language “expert” slummed in her seat chewing her teeth making wildly in appropriate accusations. It’s actually scary what kids can access- all for clicks and likes.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
When I think about how Nicolas disappearance has been handled and all the scandals going on with serving police officers, I really think we (women) need to protect ourselves in case the worst was to happen. Whilst most police officers try their best, I believe resources and senior members attitudes prevent case resolution and when it comes to missing people, you only really have a few days before the case becomes significantly harder to solve

After zara aleenas murder, my mum got me an airtag which she asked me to attach to my bra/ jeans etc everyday before I go out. I've found a way so it's not uncomfortable or noticeable but it gives her peace of mind that if I were attacked/ abducted my movements could be easily tracked before the attacker would know I was tracked, rather relying on police hypotheses or cctv. I know this isnt possible for everyone im just lucky to be close with my mum, but it does give me a level of security when im alone, particularly since i live alone and i can go for days without seeing anyone close to me.

The problem with modern phones is they are the first thing that gets thrown behind when abducted, and I strongly believe Nicola's phone was purposefully left on that bench. Please look after yourself and consider sharing locations with friends and family, switching up routines etc. I think the men in our lives can sometimes be oblivious to the dangers of being a woman and don't question things that normally peak women's intuition.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I think people give way too much credence to what the dog was doing. I know it's popular to anthropomorphise dogs, but she's just an animal. The fact that one person has said she was running around "agitated" means nothing. How do they know she was agitated? Because she was flitting around? She might have been having a whale of a time being able to run around and sniff wherever the hell she wanted with no owner around to stop her.

Reactions: 44

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
Wouldn’t be surprised if they missed something. Not the first time that’s happened.
I’ve just read the local councillor has had to ask people to stop flooding the area. Apparently they are taking selfie’s on the bench 🤢 what the hell is wrong with people. They should’ve kept the area closed but surely you’d not account for that sort of behaviour.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 41

MRSgs

On Tilly Ann's Post it said the dog was tied up with string by the lady who found her, I find this strange when they lead & harness where right there? Why would you tie the dog with string? Who carries string around with them anyway? Not sure what point I'm trying to make, just thinking out loud

• Wow
Reactions: 40

coconochanel

VIP Member
*Literally this thread*
'was the dog wet when it was found?'
'No it was dry'

'if the dog was wet when the lady found it..'
'it was dry'

'So was the dog wet or dry?'
'IT WAS DRY!!'😤🤪

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40

ploddertoo

VIP Member
I wonder do people realise how difficult it is just to vanish into thin air and live under the radar, you would need to have stashed away a serious wad of cash

Reactions: 38

karmadrama

Can you imagine if one of these ‘crazy’ theories that some people have come up with actually turn out to be true. I’d love to see the look on the faces of the tattlers who insisted she’s definitely in the water and told people to stop being crazy/stupid/ridiculous 😂

(I have personally believed up until now that she most likely went into the river, but have never dismissed or laughed at anyone else’s theories by the way)

• Heart

Toffeebythesea

VIP Member
Just fallen on some live on tiktok where the guy is doing some videos and investigating around the renovating house etc. And he got the guy who's family owns the house trying to knock his phone off him on live telling him to get off the property, 12k people watching it. Everybody's saying "ask him where she is" 🙄don't think anybody would want some random guy and his mates videoing my house from all angles every day and at night

• Wow
  • Angry