Nicola Bulley Missing #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m starting to wonder if they‘ve been able to gain more info re Nicola‘s Fitbit, especially after todays interview. Police Supt Sally Riley was still pretty adamant about Nicola being in the river but without a body there’s no absolute proof and rightly they‘re not going to share that info with the public.

Reactions: 10
I’m starting to wonder if they‘ve been able to gain more info re Nicola‘s Fitbit, especially after todays interview. Police Supt Sally Riley was still pretty adamant about Nicola being in the river but without a body there’s no absolute proof.
I don’t see how they can without being able to sync it to her app though

Reactions: 5
I’m starting to wonder if they‘ve been able to gain more info re Nicola‘s Fitbit, especially after todays interview. Police Supt Sally Riley was still pretty adamant about Nicola being in the river but without a body there’s no absolute proof.
This may be a stupid question but is the Fitbit waterproof? Like the Apple Watch will call 999 automatically if something happens. Does the Fitbit do the same and would it of worked if she fell in the river?

Reactions: 3
This may be a stupid question but is the Fitbit waterproof? Like the Apple Watch will call 999 automatically if something happens. Does the Fitbit do the same and would it of worked if she fell in the river?
Not sure, I think some are waterproof and some water resistant.

Reactions: 5
I don’t see how they can without being able to sync it to her app though
Could there not be some whizz with technology that might find a way. Otherwise I wonder why they said they were looking into other ways re. her Fitbit.

Reactions: 2
Could there not be some whizz with technology that might find a way. Otherwise I wonder why they said they were looking into other ways re. her Fitbit.
Would it sync to her phone and they’d be able to get data from it that way as obviously they’ve got her phone?

Reactions: 2
You would think the police would give some indication as to why they believe she went in the water. Surely saying they found her fitbit or piece of clothing or whatever makes them think this, wouldn't hamper the investigation. It would put a stop to all the speculation and accusations.

Reactions: 13
Someone’s posted all the strava images on the Facebook group which are interesting as they show her daily walks following the same route. Notably she never walked along the river once she reached the bench.
That makes me wonder whether she sat on the bench to chat to someone or someone else was on the bench?
Mindful that on this day she was on the conference call which could have prompted her to sit as the police claim.

She also stopped publicly posting her walks in November.

Reactions: 21
Would it sync to her phone and they’d be able to get data from it that way as obviously they’ve got her phone?
I think it’s the app that won’t refresh without the Fitbit being near the phone, I just wondered if they’d found away round it perhaps from her phone.

Reactions: 8
One interesting thing on the Facebook site?
They’ve posted her Strava.. which she filled in detailing the timings, length in km and exact location of her walks with Willow. The maps of where she walked each day are exceptionally consistent.it’s practically the same walk each day, she never varied.
So she was unfortunately detailing where she would be each day and what time. The walks lasted over half an hour to around 45 mins?
Before I read this I didn’t realise how potentially unsafe posting strava could be?
In a way you’re saying.. I’ll be on my own, in an isolated area and pinpointing exactly where you’ll be?
It’s a bit of a warning to all of us.

• Sad
Reactions: 80
Constance Marten is doing it at the moment with her newborn (and partner) but she has masses of money, that’s not getting this level of attention! If it did, they might be found…
Maybe she found constance and constance needed help ? Obviously not, I will see myself out

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They’ve posted her Strava.. which she filled in detailing the timings, length in km and exact location of her walks with Willow. The maps of where she walked each day are exceptionally consistent.it’s practically the same walk each day, she never varied.
So she was unfortunately detailing where she would be each day and what time. The walks lasted over half an hour to around 45 mins?
Before I read this I didn’t realise how potentially unsafe posting strava could be?
In a way you’re saying.. I’ll be on my own, in an isolated area and pinpointing exactly where you’ll be?
And also someone has posted the list of people who were “ following” her strava which is very weird. I don’t know how strava works so don’t know if you can get random strangers following you or whether you have to “ approve” ?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
This is what’s worried me now to be extra careful with location services etc like if the wrong person got that info they’d know where I am at certain times and it’s worrying

Reactions: 19
Did anyone see how the one CCTV that would’ve seen everything isn’t working? Sorry if it’s been mentioned already but I’ve been skim reading.

Reactions: 6
That’s insane!
My husband goes mad for me posting where we are on my Facebook and that’s only to friends/a locked account. I’ve started posting stuff after I’ve been there.

Reactions: 15
Looking at streetview over the years, it appears that the signposts for the public rights of way over that land have been removed. This could be due to them rotting and not being replaced, but that is odd, as the council usually replace them. Or have they been purposefully removed by someone to discourage public access to the land?

There seem to be plenty of other signs, warning to keep dogs on a lead at all times and that fishing permits must be bought etc.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.