Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oldcat

Chatty Member
There's a dark mark under one eye and some people have speculated it's a botox bruise but others have pointed out it's visible in some of the photos Nicola has on her Facebook. It's likely it's a birthmark or pigmentation.
Paul might have had botox in the past. They both obviously take care of themselves, but he has 11 lines currently and they'd normally be the first thing you'd tackle with botox.
So you mean 11 lines on his face?

Reactions: 2

JustmeKC

VIP Member
All/some witnesses could by lying, but that is how the timeline of who saw Nicola where came from. I'm sure teachers/school mums/kids saw her at the school dropping the girls off.
Where she walked, other dog walkers etc saw her on their route.
Unless someone else had her phone I'd assume then it was Nicola who sent the text to her sister and friend.
Sorry, there’s so much to get through - what was the text?

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
You say it’s unkind to speculate BUT Paul says he’s sure she’s not in the water and he’s not mentioned her being abducted but appealed to her directly (not to any third party holding her), so it only leaves 2 other options - suicide or she’s walked away.
Prior to last nights programme I had discounted the walking away scenario entirely but after Paul’s interview I am now considering it is a possibility. How can it be unkind if her partner is alluding to it as a possible scenario?
yes he has alluded to it! what reasons would someone want to allude to this as a possible scenario?
---

I would think that the family would interfere otherwise or the partner wouldn’t happily reference how she’s been helping

I do think it’s weird anyway because a best friend is exactly the person who would have a fair few anecdotes to show Nicola as a person but she’s not elaborated on anything. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not close friends
I would guess she is more a friend of Paul's

Lurklurklurk333

right that’s helpful thank you!

So if I’m understanding it correctly:

View attachment 1954699

That’s the ‘riverside path’ that Nicola walks down from the school towards the river at the very start of the walk (and in reverse at the end of a walk usually)

————————————————————

View attachment 1954703

This is the path from the kissing gate (by the bench) directly next to Wyreside

————————————————————

View attachment 1954707

This is in the top field next to Rowanwater mobile home park

————————————————————

Can someone just sense check that for me please?
From what I understand, yes. I'm thinking same as you.

Cdoc12

Sorry trying to catch up. Did anything ever come of the fella commenting on Nicolas Facebook posts?

Lalalemon

Chatty Member
Anyone here into Scandi/Nordic Noir tv drama? 'The Killing' is probably the best example of the genre ... (they are all essentially the same, a person goes missing ... ) this case really reminds me of one. :unsure:
Reminds you of a specific one? (If so, do name it :p ) or just reminds you of the genre in general?

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
I think it’s just seen as the norm these days.
anything happens … set up a GFM.
Quickly knock up a few t-shirts with photo and headed either Team or Army
Acquire wristbands.

It’s page one of the Unexpected Life Event Handbook.
but if its seen as the norm now a days why delete it?

Pavlova4

Wonder if there's any significance with how her partner's engineering company P&N Engineering, which they're both registered with on Companies House is going to be dissolved soon?
---

He said he works from home for an American company and so their hours are behind UK working hours. He'd therefore be working later, but could well be able to work some core hours and then suit himself for the rest. He said he logged on at 10am.
Was he not working for P&N Engineering which him and Nicola are registered with and due to be dissolved soon?
---

Is this where Nicola's stashed away, voluntarily, or, by '
those two'?! You all know which two I'm talking about...
When I looked at the satellite map, I was surprised how close the holiday and also mobile home sites are to the seat her phone was left on. What if somebody saw her routine of walking the dog alone and planned things for a while? Then again I suppose mobile homes aren't the best to prevent noise if wanting to keep a person against their will. I was looking to see the closest a car can park if wanting to take a woman away, and the sites on either side are the closest. Wyreside Farm Caravan Park and Rowanwater mobile homes are both next to the field she was seen with her dog.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1

jackolantern

VIP Member
But that’s the point I’m trying to get across- it’s not unreasonable to suggest she has had a breakdown and gone. But to me it is unfair (based on my own experiences) to suggest that’s a ‘choice’ when MH is quite often not a choice at all. My parent certainly was not making sound decisions when they were going through it. There’s so much stigma around this but it feels so off to diminish the severity of a breakdown by making out that people going through it don’t care about who they’re leaving behind.
Look I'm not arguing with you about it. I never at all said your parent chose to leave you. I apologise if my wording offended you but I wasn't trying to downplay the severity of mental health at all, it was simply the best way I could explain her leaving of her own accord as to by accident or malice. This isn't stigma on my part it's just overly simplistic wording.

All I meant was that when we have no evidence to suggest this is what has happened, it seems callous to me to be suggesting Nicola had just had enough of her life and decided to leave (which has been suggested, not just from a MH angle but new partners etc). That is what I am talking about, not a mental health crisis. Again, not telling anyone not to do it, just saying I find it unkind which is apparently not allowed.

choccychops

Chatty Member
Did she have her microphone on for the team call? Did she say anything in the team call? The only thing they have said is she didn’t log out of it. I think something happened with Willow so she put her phone down quickly and got up to go to him, slipped and fell in the river. Sad but no more complicated than that.

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
Well tbf, he's not going to get on live national tv and announce that he thinks she's dead is he? 😂 I thought it was quite cruel of them to mention the wedding to him tbh. If he's not involved and she has genuinely gone missing, he has to know or have been told that the likelihood of her being alive now is slim
he wasn't live though the interview was pre recorded!

jackolantern

VIP Member
You say it’s unkind to speculate BUT Paul says he’s sure she’s not in the water and he’s not mentioned her being abducted but appealed to her directly (not to any third party holding her), so it only leaves 2 other options - suicide or she’s walked away.
Prior to last nights programme I had discounted the walking away scenario entirely but after Paul’s interview I am now considering it is a possibility. How can it be unkind if her partner is alluding to it as a possible scenario?
Just because he is her partner doesn't mean I have to agree with what he says/does either? I've already said I find his behaviour bizarre. Frankly I think it's callous of him to be participating in an interview saying the same. But there we go, this is clearly a sore point of disagreement.