Nicola Bulley #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know if the red van had been reported as suspicious before Nicola’s disappearance or was it only after that people questioned it?

In regards to the CCTV, if foul play is involved was it extremely lucky that nothing was captured on CCTV/doorbell camera or did the person have knowledge of where cameras were and wether they were working or not? The latter would obviously point to a premeditated attack.

Reactions: 3
Replying on here cos the other threads closed. I commented that I would walk the dog alone in secluded areas and that was met by surprise.

My friend goes fell running alone and commented that she's had more aggro from men in bars than she's ever had out on a fell. Maybe I'm just naive.

Nicola wasn't really in a secluded area, and Sarah Everard was kidnapped from a street in London (ok at night, but built up area).

Reactions: 23
So this live television event tonight Vanished: Where is Nicola Bulley on channel 5 at 9pm.

The police will be there so I wonder if it will have a live audience grilling them as well .

Will the 'invited loved ones' go further with what they believe actually happened given that they know her best and feel she didnt fall in water.

With an hour to fill and not just quick sound bites I hope we get something new offered up .

Reactions: 14
I’m more in the believe she’s been kidnapped if the phone was on the floor she’s likely dropped it startled when approached.

I just hate the thought of her drowning so I don’t know what to think.

Reactions: 16
I’m really sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned

but why is the diving expert so involved? Surely his job was just to search the river and co firm if their equipment foundnicola Or not. Every time I see a headline he is somehow involved!!
08907B2A-45EF-49CC-A25A-BEF4BF4A94A3.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Also, not only was ‘Tilly Ann’ (she’s Natalie Downes when quoted in the press and that is the url of her fb too although it’s deactivated today) wrong about the “abandoned” house, and seemingly wrong about the timings as it doesn’t match anything from anywhere else including her friends posters today…. The info about not taking a ball on walks also comes from her. Willow has a tennis ball in so many pics including recent ones. So if the friend is wrong about this too, it gives more of a reason for Nicola to be near the water (trying to get the all back if it rolled down the bank?). Just a thought.

Reactions: 21
I've come 360 and back with the water theory.
If you discount what Faulding has said its easier.
The new leads aren't new leads they're clickbait and have been followed up by the police.
Nobody wants to believe their loved one has entered water weeks ago, the family are clinging on to remaining hope.
I agree. I think she is in the river. And it’s impossible for interested onlookers like us to work out exactly what happened when in what order. Everyone contaminates everyone else’s “evidence”, memory becomes confused, stories pop up with little sense of what’s actually new and what’s being regurgitated from 5 days ago.

Senior cop on TalkTV earlier talking about how difficult it is for police to work with private investigators and how astonishingly out of line Faulding was with his ongoing commentary. Thought the police made a misstep in not securing the bench and also that they could have been more forthcoming as to why they think she went in the water but other than that thought they were doing a good job.

but why is the diving expert so involved? Surely his job was just to search the river and co firm if their equipment foundnicola Or not. Every time I see a headline he is somehow involved!!
He released a book and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is getting mad business out of this because his company name is associated with him now. He’s also fuelling all this tabloid media which is great for them

Again, the searching they have done seems to be a re-search of the areas searched by the police who also found nothing. He has said that he doesn’t think she was swept out to sea but not that she’s not in another part of the river

The family and friends, as pointed out by someone, don’t want to think she fell into the water as that means she is certainly dead. Also how many of us would think our friends and family wouldn’t fall into the river? Accidents happen constantly

Reactions: 7
I completely get why people don’t trust the police. I watched the documentary last night where female police officers were speaking out about their horrendous experiences with some of the male police and their reported concerns weren’t acted on professionally and often after they’d spoken out their lives were made very uncomfortable within the force, it’s despicable. I don’t have any reason to defend them. I had a terrible experience with them when I reported an ex was stalking me but that’s for a different thread.
But I feel this is different, not that they couldn't have messed up, but from the info they have given out to me it doesn’t come across that way. Also considering they have so many people working on this case across the board, I’d hope one would pick up something another could have missed, so not able to brush it under the carpet so to speak.
I agree and also can’t even begin to imagine how harrowing it must be being a police diver looking for a dead body. They are trying very hard under horrific circumstances.

Reactions: 20
Purple where they were doing the CCTV appeal this morning.
Black is where 9.33 witness is owner (Wyreside)
Red is broken CCTV (Rowanwater)

View attachment 1949382
Thank you. Fool that I am I have only just realised I have been thinking downstream was upstream and vice versa. Good thing I don't have a boat. 🙃

I'm not totally convinced she went in the water at the bench if last sighting was up by Rowanwater.

Replying on here cos the other threads closed. I commented that I would walk the dog alone in secluded areas and that was met by surprise.

My friend goes fell running alone and commented that she's had more aggro from men in bars than she's ever had out on a fell. Maybe I'm just naive.

Nicola wasn't really in a secluded area, and Sarah Everard was kidnapped from a street in London (ok at night, but built up area).
I certainly used to and if I had a big dog like him again I would (I wouldn't fell run but then I wouldn't run for the bus but exploring places where no humans bother going is a delight ha ha). For me it's mainly about not being as sure footed and turning an ankle easily and getting stuck in the wilds. Or a river. Another poster was concerned about her elderly mum who walks her dog alone and it's a natural thought as we get on, even a warrior must rest and excise caution in her time ;)

Reactions: 8
I’m really sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned

but why is the diving expert so involved? Surely his job was just to search the river and co firm if their equipment foundnicola Or not. Every time I see a headline he is somehow involved!!View attachment 1949402
I understand he’s a forensic search expert too, he was involved in the spy in the bag case (which was also very perplexing) so I guess he can make an educated guess but I don’t think it’s wise to be piping up without having all the details of the case and making contradictory statements to the media. I can totally understand the family wanting to cling to the belief she’s alive. Sadly, I don’t think that’s the case. Maybe the family have a reason to think she might have ran away, or maybe they hope if it has been an abduction, that she’s still alive. I guess there’s always a glimmer of hope when there’s no body

Reactions: 10
It just goes round and round in circles.
We've had the conversation this morning about how many times one of us has nearly been upended by our dogs so of course it's possible.
At the end of the day none of us want her to be in that river and neither do we want her to be tied up in a basement with some lunatic assaulting her.
Be better all round if she sent a postcard from the Maldives but sadly that is not going to happen.
If she's dead I hope she didn't suffer, but if she comes back from an abduction she will be traumatised for life.
My heart goes out to those little girls and her partner.
Take care everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I think Faulding may have been slightly manipulated by the press, they've realised he likes the sound of his own voice and shoved a microphone in his face and every single time he's given the public things to discuss. I think he's harmless but a dose and is probably quite tiresome to listen to. Self praise is no praise as they say. That's not in anyway criticising or diminishing the work of SGI.

Reactions: 21
I agree and also can’t even begin to imagine how harrowing it must be being a police diver looking for a dead body. They are trying very hard under horrific circumstances.
I also think NB’s friends have hindered more than helped with their conflicting info and caused unnecessary hurt to others ie. man in house that’s being renovated. If they felt the police weren’t taking their info about NB and what happened on they day she disappeared seriously, they’d have been far better to have one person only to speak on the family’s behalf. NB’s friends, Ex-Met and Faulding have all muddied the water so much, that the police will be inundated with completely irrelevant info that will still have to be sifted through to find the valid info, wasting so much time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Did she normally work from home? Did her partner not think it strange she still wasn’t back at nearly 11am? Unless she normally did a 2 hour walk after the school run 🤷🏼‍♀️
tbf, even if you did think it's strange, would your mind immediately go to something untoward or tragic. If that happened to me, I'd probably fire off a quick text asking where they are and get on with my work. Chances are they're been held up in a meeting and sat in the car dealing with it, one of the kids forgot something and they've had to run into a shop to get it, stayed for ages chatting at the school etc. The last thing on my mind would be that they'd gone missing.

Reactions: 23
I think one of the reasons we have all gone nuts with this is that it it so relatable to so many of our lives. Walking the dog before/after school. We feel safer with our dogs. As a woman who isn't quite as sure footed on her feet as I used to be, who liked to walk deep into forests on my own with my dog, this story, whether she is in the river yet to be found or gone gone... are both pretty scary.
I like to think an attacker would have second thoughts on the sight of my German shepherd dog ( despite her being the biggest scaredy-cat ever, they wouldn’t know that thankfully ). However since this case I have definitely been more mindful of telling my husband where I’m going ( we have about five different regular walks we do ) and keeping my wits about me on said walk.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.