Nicola Bulley #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to police statement again this morning, as I'm confused about the phone ground/bench situation. I was so certain they'd said it was found on the ground. The police officer says its believed to have been on the bench at 9.20 and found on the bench at 9.33. I didn't listen to all the statement.
Also confused about dog tied, dog running loose.
This is part of the problem, there’s been so much disconnect from the facts and hearsay and then that Faulding bloke contradicting himself, her friends running around like headless chickens posting different things, the “abandoned” house. I understand it’s ongoing and things change but the bare bones of it should have been reported clearly so that the public could genuinely help and not stick their oars in and go accusing some random old man of being a serial killer.
As it stands, I’m confused about a few things. I’m sure other people are too. It’s a bit of a clusterfuck tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Can anyone confirm where the information about the caravan lady placing the phone on the bench came from as all the articles I've read have stated the phone was on the bench.

I'd be interested to know if Willow was on lead/harness in the upper field and if the phone was definitely pinged there. Could it be possible Nicola sat down at the bench to send emails and take the call placing it beside her on loud speaker. Willow slipped out of harness or she had taken it off and ran off towards the upper field and something may have gone wrong up there and she never returned to the bench at all?

As for her partner. I did initially think his wording and behaviour was rather odd but I think we are all hardwired to be suspicious of the husband/partner in these sorts of instances and he really is just as bewildered as everyone else. I also think information from the fitbit may suggest that something untoward has happened to Nicola whether she has fallen into the river or not which may explain why there is less of an emphasis on appealing for her to come home and more so on 'finding her'. Even if Paul managed to avoid being seen on his home door camera he would of had to have avoided neighbouring properties to sneak out of the house and also avoid being seen by anyone else heading towards the area Nicola was last seen. Its definitely Nicola on the footage that morning because she took her kids to school so we can rule out that he done anything to her before then and used the phone and dog as a decoy.

As for the cctv. If Nicola did come to any harm the person would have to know the blind spots of the trail and which cctv was working and I don't know about you guys but I certainly have no clue which cctv cameras are working in my local park or where they are situated. I guess someone could have just got lucky but it seems so unlikely to me that if she was murdered/abducted there were no screams or pleas for help heard and the culprit also managed to hide a body or remove her from the area before anyone else was alerted.

The only conclusion I can come to is that she went off on her own for whatever reason or she has fallen into the river or had a medical emergency/suicide in another area not yet discovered.

Already rambling on but just want to add. I lost my footing by a small ditch not very long ago and although it looked very difficult to injure yourself on a small incline once I had tried to put my hands out in front of me I went arse over tit and didn't stop tumbling until I got to the bottom. Seeing how difficult it was for the divers to get in and out I can see how she would have difficulty in the water.

Reactions: 23
I completely get why people don’t trust the police. I watched the documentary last night where female police officers were speaking out about their horrendous experiences with some of the male police and their reported concerns weren’t acted on professionally and often after they’d spoken out their lives were made very uncomfortable within the force, it’s despicable. I don’t have any reason to defend them. I had a terrible experience with them when I reported an ex was stalking me but that’s for a different thread.
But I feel this is different, not that they couldn't have messed up, but from the info they have given out to me it doesn’t come across that way. Also considering they have so many people working on this case across the board, I’d hope one would pick up something another could have missed, so not able to brush it under the carpet so to speak.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
The friends doing the roadside appeal today (which include Emma, so clearly closest to Paul and the investigation) have the time as 9-10am. No mention of 10:40/10:50 whatever it was the post from the other friend stated. 9-10am is much closer to the time frame given by the police. So i’m inclined to believe ‘Tilly’ and her post had another incorrect ‘fact’. Her Facebook post seems to have gone this morning anyway.

9216C2F6-1193-466B-8715-26A53C0C5F32.jpeg

Reactions: 12
Yeah, there are *technically* 3 caravan parks I suppose. Devine Camping Pods is owned by Wyreside Farm owners who also is the 9.33 witness who tied up Willow. This is the park closest to the bench.

The other is Rowanwater Mobile Home Park which is the one at the Upper Field where Nicola was seen at 9.10ish. This is the park with the non functioning CCTV and number entry gate in the fence/wall.

Reactions: 8
I completely get why people don’t trust the police. I watched the documentary last night where female police were speaking out about their horrendous experiences with some of the male police and their reported concerns weren’t acted on professionally and often after they’d spoken out their lives were made uncomfortable within the force, it’s despicable. I don’t have any reason to defend them. I had a terrible experience with them when I reported an ex was stalking me but that’s for a different thread.
But I feel this is different, not that they couldn't have messed up, but from the info they have given out to me it doesn’t come across that way. Also considering they have so many people working on this case across the board, I’d hope one would pick up something another could have missed, so not able to brush it under the carpet so to speak.
I think I saw that the National Crime Agency had been consulted and agreed with all that had been/was being done.

Reactions: 7
Did she normally work from home? Did her partner not think it strange she still wasn’t back at nearly 11am? Unless she normally did a 2 hour walk after the school run 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I don't know what to think anymore. I was certain it was a tragic accident but as time goes on it feels like more details are emerging that throw doubt on that, rightly or wrongly.

It definitely has made me consider my walking routes. I'm very much a creature of habit and this has given me a jolt to switch things up a little. You just never know who is observing your routine. Not saying that's what happened in Nicola's case, but without finding her we'll never truly know, I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I had to check the first couple of threads on here to check, I knew I’d read the phone was initially found on the ground near to the tree, no time given and no mention of the dog and then Mrs String then came along at 9.33.
I do think it makes a difference on how things are viewed, phone placed on bench implies phone was placed by owner, no apparent urgency. A phone on the ground could of course suggest it’s been dropped or lost, in these circumstances though with dog left alone and phone on the ground makes it (I feel) a bit more urgent. IMVHO of course

Reactions: 15
Did she normally work from home? Did her partner not think it strange she still wasn’t back at nearly 11am? Unless she normally did a 2 hour walk after the school run 🤷🏼‍♀️
To be fair, time slips away doesn’t it.
Look at the clock and think - must have got talking, get tied up on your own calls and work and time can just evaporate.

Reactions: 14
Purple where they were doing the CCTV appeal this morning.
Black is where 9.33 witness is owner (Wyreside)
Red is broken CCTV (Rowanwater)

20230210_132941.jpg

Reactions: 12
Yeah, there are *technically* 3 caravan parks I suppose. Devine Camping Pods is owned by Wyreside Farm owners who also is the 9.33 witness who tied up Willow. This is the park closest to the bench.

The other is Rowanwater Mobile Home Park which is the one at the Upper Field where Nicola was seen at 9.10ish. This is the park with the non functioning CCTV and number entry gate in the fence/wall.
Thank you, that's much clearer.

Reactions: 5
I've come 360 and back with the water theory.
If you discount what Faulding has said its easier.
The new leads aren't new leads they're clickbait and have been followed up by the police.
Nobody wants to believe their loved one has entered water weeks ago, the family are clinging on to remaining hope.

Reactions: 30
Purple where they were doing the CCTV appeal this morning.
Black is where 9.33 witness is owner (Wyreside)
Red is broken CCTV (Rowanwater)

View attachment 1949382
I’m probably adding to the painfulness now, but have they checked the Rowanwater lake? Why did Faulding not use his fancy equipment in here? Apologies if it’s been searched and I’ve missed it.

Reactions: 7
There are two caravan parks I believe. Anyone got a map of where all these caravan parks are with the weir and the sluice and the tow path, last sighting etc because I am continually getting confused. I am under the impression that the caravan park where no cctv works is not the caravan park the string lady owns. Her daughter in law runs the pods next door to her campsite which is different again. They look great on a vid I found on line but the beds would do my old back in.

Also, what the devil is the confusion about the phone on the floor, there was another witness to willow just after string lady found her, he found the phone and put it on the bench right?

And another thing that is going round my head this morning after hearing Pauls and N's friends/sis's? statements. Both are talking of 'the sofa'. Do they believe that she might possibly of gone for a wander as she is low and are encouraging back to her favourite place, the sofa, with the girls?
The family and friends are just holding out hope that somehow she'll come back safe. We know she's almost certainly dead but while she's not found they'll find that small piece of hope difficult to let go of. That's human nature.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.