Nicola Bulley #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing from the last thread, there have been no further updates from the Police or Nicola’s family.

Please read the Wiki for all info prior to 15/2, and the recaps on threads #11 & 12 for subsequent important updates.

Please continue to be respectful to each other, and remember that all opinions are valid. Let’s not made more work for mods just because we can’t agree.

Please keep Nicola's family in mind with your posts. Nicola's two daughters are at the heart of this, and will one day be old enough to read these pages.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I commented ages back that I couldn't stop thinking about her poor daughters. This must all be so confusing and upsetting for them.

The truth is, no one knows what happened that morning. No one knows what Nicola was or wasn't thinking or what she was or wasn't going through. Things can change so quickly.

I just hope for the sake of her family, but especially her girls, that this is brought to a conclusion without further delay so that whatever the outcome, the family can get through it together.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I hope she is found today.

I dread to think what the trashy Sunday press will have all over the front pages otherwise 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I may have missed some as I dip in and out but a lot of the blog posts shared are from 2015. I had a Mommy Blog (now deleted) back in 2015 when my first was due/ born and most of it is pretentious bollocks (hence why I've now deleted it) 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Are we all the same person we were online 8 years ago? I know I certainly wasn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Just seen a newspaper reporting her last text which was arranging a play date for her kids the following week with a friends

The friend said this indicates she had no intention of voluntarily disappearing, adding: "You wouldn’t have done that if you were going to get up and go missing.

Yea well , Gary speed did that the night before he passed . Made arrangement to have lunch with friends the weekend away . Making future arrangements doesn’t mean anything when mental health is involved

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
I hope she is found today.

I dread to think what the trashy Sunday press will have all over the front pages otherwise 😔
Each day that goes by must be agony for them all. This situation is just horrendous and to understand their feelings of hope and fear at that call of news each day is painful. Especially for her parents. 😓

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just seen a newspaper reporting her last text which was arranging a play date for her kids the following week with a friends

The friend said this indicates she had no intention of voluntarily disappearing, adding: "You wouldn’t have done that if you were going to get up and go missing.

Yea well , Gary speed did that the night before he passed . Made arrangement to have lunch with friends the weekend away . Making future arrangements doesn’t mean anything when mental health is involved
Same as the friend of a friend of mine, she had dinner with her family the night before she disappeared, had made plans to do the food shop with her parents the next day, in the meantime she had wiped her data, thoroughly cleaned her room before disappearing into the night. No one expected it at all.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Regarding the Richard Marx Hazard song, I went and looked it up on YouTube, I’d forgotten all about it to be honest but I’m the same kind of vintage and Nicola and her sister, It was a quite big song back when we would have been teenagers. They probably used to listen to it together back in the day and liked it but maybe didn’t look or read too much into the actual story of the song?

I admit I did go and look at the sister’s FB (it’s all still public) to make sure I got it right and it was posted 6 Jan 2013. You know when Facebook brings up memories on anniversaries of people posting? Maybe Nicola got a notification of that post on 6 Jan 2023 and revisited the song and video and saw it in a totally different light and it triggered something?

Imagery in the video certainly is a very strange coincidence, even down to the similar style railings on the bridge in the video to where the yellow ribbons are currently tied for Nicola.

there is one comment on the sister’s post that I cannot see, presumably from Nicola at the time.

it’s all so sad, Nicola is in my thoughts constantly worrying about her. I’m away visiting friends and there is a small river at the bottom of the garden I went and looked at yesterday afternoon. It would be my worst nightmare to fall in it even though it looked shallow. I do so hope she is alive and manages to get help xxx

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Re the name Paul Ansell, probably worth bearing in mind there are at least 200 Paul Ansell's according to 192 so not everything with that name is going to be him.

Reactions: 18
Same as the friend of a friend of mine, she had dinner with her family the night before she disappeared, had made plans to do the food shop with her parents the next day, in the meantime she had wiped her data, thoroughly cleaned her room before disappearing into the night. No one expected it at all.
This is so sad.
If you don't mind me asking, did she ever return?

Reactions: 7
What a very sad story. I was speaking to a consultant psychologist about suicide once and he said it's very rarely something that "comes over" a person as an impulsive act, it's generally something planned for some time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
There's just so many questions aren't there. Best case scenario, she's just taken herself off somewhere to just breathe and have some space. I truly hope that's what's happened and she's not come to any harm.
How easy is it to just disappear? Sorry, that's a rhetoric question really. I'm just thinking aloud.

The whole situation is so sad and I feel the more we're discovering about Paul and Nicola's homelife the further away we're going from the picture perfect family we were first presented with.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Interesting if true - of course it could all be one big coincidence and the page could have been renamed:

1676718292930.png

1676718414984.png

• Wow
What a very sad story. I was speaking to a consultant psychologist about suicide once and he said it's very rarely something that "comes over" a person as an impulsive act, it's generally something planned for some time.
I would imagine it is. It’s such a very very big terrifying decision to make :( to be in that kind of mind frame to want to end your life is awful, I’ve been there myself if I’m honest

• Heart
  • Sad
As each day passes with no news I find it more and more unlikely that they will find Nicola. I hope there is some kind of update very soon.

Clearly the police do not think Paul is a suspect in regards to her disappearance so with the police being called just a few weeks ago this leads me to believe maybe he was the one who called them on Nicola - especially for them to have also sent mental health team along. The police have also said that no arrests were made but it is being investigated- therefore there must have been some kind of crime involved to warrant an investigation, otherwise they would have said ‘no further action was taken’ or something along those lines.

I find it a bit much that now he must be the reason for her disappearance and I don’t think it’s a fair assumption to make. Women can also be abusive to their partners. Some have commented that they believe Nicola may just disappear for a few days sometimes - that is also quite controlling and toxic behaviour if it is true. I don’t have an opinion on this side of their relationship.

However, the image portrayed of Nicola from the outset was not correct and it was unprofessional of the police and wrong of her family and friends to not give any indication that there was a possibility that Nicola chose to disappear herself. The SGI team should have also been made aware of this likelihood. No one, other than the police, Nicola or her family needed to know why. But the fact that there was a possibility should have been inferred from the get go that would have been enough information to share. Instead you had the police saying ‘we think she’s in the river’ and those that knew her saying ‘no way’. There’s no trace of that. Which, even until now is true.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I know I’ve said this before but I couldn’t bear to go through what Nicola’s loved ones are right now. I wonder if hope is what’s keeping them going. Sky News obviously popped in to see them after the reenactment yesterday because they said they spoke to her Dad. Journalists are used to knocking on doors and making a nuisance of themselves but nobody could possibly have prepared her family for intrusions like that

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I would imagine it is. It’s such a very very big terrifying decision to make :( to be in that kind of mind frame to want to end your life is awful, I’ve been there myself if I’m honest
If Nicola did take her own life could it have been an act of revenge for something someone said or did to her, or for not understanding what she was going through? Obviously she would have been very low and not thinking rationally but some suicides are carried out to hurt others 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yes it’s called a “suicide window”. They are happy, so happy, calling everyone telling them they love them, often give away their possessions. They are happy because they know their pain is coming to an end.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.