Nicola Bulley #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel so sad for her, whatever happened.

For all those that this hits close to home for or for anyone struggling, this is for you šŸ’›

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think thereā€™s a possibility sheā€™s got in touch with the police. Thatā€™s why they gave that release yesterday. Thatā€™s why the family are pleading for a stop in speculation. maybe Iā€™m mad, but I think itā€™s a possibility.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think thereā€™s a possibility sheā€™s got in touch with the police. Thatā€™s why they gave that release yesterday. Thatā€™s why the family are pleading for a stop in speculation. maybe Iā€™m mad, but I think itā€™s a possibility.
Surely if she had got in touch with the police they would announce the investigation is being stopped as they have made contact with her? Otherwise they are wasting their own money and resources surely.

Reactions: 18
I totally agree with you. Again, without going into too much detail and talking about myself when thereā€™s a poor woman missing, I was in a very similar situation a year ago. I attempted to take my life, sent home from hospital and reassured everyone Iā€™m fine and would never do anything again. A few days later, the guilt of everything going around my head - what my children had to see, the pain I put everyone through and the thought of the police needing to call my childrenā€™s school, made me wander off and attempt again. Iā€™m not saying this is definitely what has happened in Nicolaā€™s case but I do think the emergency services needing to visit the home shook her. Sorry for rambling on, but Nicolaā€™s case has hit very close to home for me.
I do hope you are ok xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would hope not. Thereā€™s no shame in admitting that your loved one is struggling with their mental health.
Thereā€™s no shame in lots of medical conditions, if doesnā€™t mean we would want our personal medical history made headline news and plastered over the front pages in attempt from the police to ā€˜end speculationā€™. Itā€™s just fuelled it even more.

Can I ask please and Iā€™m genuinely curious because I just donā€™t get it. Those that think the police are at fault here and have made errors in the investigation or are trying to cover their arses. Why do you think that and what more could they have done?
In terms of the physical investigation I donā€™t have any criticism, it sounds like they have continued to gather as much evidence as possible. I think the comms has been badly managed though, and I think yesterdayā€™s conference was a reaction to the criticism they have been getting publicly both by other professionals and on social media.

I think it was a poor decision, and possibly strategic to defend themselves, to say yesterday ā€˜Nicola had a number of vulnerabilities which we wonā€™t go intoā€™ (wtte). I think the fact they followed up just hours later with the specific details they had originally refused to disclose just shows they donā€™t know how to handle the intense public scrutiny (even if they have done nothing wrong investigation wise). It was so predictable the press would go digging following that nugget of info.

Iā€™m really very sceptical at their intentions for disclosing those specific details 3 weeks down the line when sheā€™s still a missing person and does nothing to help solve the case. Itā€™s about public perception of the police over Nicola and has done nothing to stop speculation. Itā€™s just diverted the focus and speculation.

Reactions: 7
Am I the only person who genuinely hasn't found any of Paul's interviews remotely strange?
I don't find his interviews strange.

I just cannot fathom the channel 5 live. From his POV he was raising awareness but there was already such a massive awareness and speculation.

I absolutely do not think he's got anything to do with it though. He might have been a crappy husband. She might have been a crappy wife.

Its all very sad.

Reactions: 12
Surely if she had got in touch with the police they would announce the investigation is being stopped as they have made contact with her? Otherwise they are wasting their own money and resources surely.
If it only happened yesterday I think they would keep it hush hush so as not to cause more media outrage

From the off I believed that she'd basically done a Reggie Perrin. A picture perfect life from the outside is rarely that.
With the reveal of this information- which I firmly believe no-one outside of the police investigation and the family should ever have been privy to - I'm more convinced than ever she's taken herself off. Women do leave children but usually because they're certain it's the best for them.
It could have been planned for a while, a secret bank account in place, we just don't know.
Nicola, wherever you are, I wish you nothing but peace x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The interview was odd because he lied!!! He sat for an hour saying a whole lot of nothing & didnā€™t represent the situation in any way truthfully! We can all agree to disagree on how he looked or why he showed so little emotion, but the facts are, knowing what we know now about Nicolas state of mind & the state of their family life, he lied throughout that interview & why the hell would anyone with a missing loved one do it if they werenā€™t going to be truthful!!!
Exactly this! The whole interview was to talk about Nicola and help find her. Blatantly lying and leaving out half the story doesnā€™t do much to help that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The interview was odd because he lied!!! He sat for an hour saying a whole lot of nothing & didnā€™t represent the situation in any way truthfully! We can all agree to disagree on how he looked or why he showed so little emotion, but the facts are, knowing what we know now about Nicolas state of mind & the state of their family life, he lied throughout that interview & why the hell would anyone with a missing loved one do it if they werenā€™t going to be truthful!!!
What did he lie about? Iā€™ve not seen any exposed lies other than people thinking heā€™s lying because of their own assumptions based on the information we have?

Iā€™ve also seen nothing factual about the state of their family? Just us all (me included) speculating. The fact is none of us know the facts.

There are three scenarios.
1. She was abducted.
2. She had an accident of some type. Or suicide.
3. She left of her own volition.

The police have been utter c*nts in this. Lazy, unmotivated and annoyed that it suddenly received press attention. The public are ALWAYS useful in helping with enquiries. They rely on us for our video footage and statements.
\This new press dispatch about her being a drinker coupled with going through menopause. duck the duck off with that. Could only be a man behind that offensive diatribe. I couldnā€™t be more angry.

3. If she left of her own volition. If she felt she needed to check out of her life for a while. According to press reports the police had attended their house several times due to raised voices. Maybe she thought, duck it, I will give them a scare. They will think my husband did something to me. I will make him sweat. She has access to empty homes. Mortgage brokers knows which ones are empty. Just camp in there for a few days. Then reappear not remembering anything. The dog had its harness taken off. She probably thought if I tether him to the bench he might struggle to get away and throttle himself in the process, so she left him, then chucked her phone on the ground because that makes it look more like an abduction.

2. An accident of some kind or suicide. The river, slipped in and drowned. Or she took her own life. Maybe she hung herself somewhere, nearby. Or went into one of the empty homes and died there.
1. Abduction. She was taken by force by someone who wasnā€™t afraid of any reaction her dog would have, potentially being bitten. Or a local loon, who got into an altercation with her and struck her.

ā€œSignificant issues with alcoholā€ was the term used.
Significant to me implies it has an effect on everyday life and normal functioning, otherwise it would just be ā€œissues with alcoholā€.
I didnā€™t read it like that. It could mean when NB had a substantial amount of alcohol she reacts badly and is perhaps at risk of doing something she wouldnā€™t do sober, like hurting herself. I see NB as a woman struggling with menopause who has perhaps turned to alcohol at times to cope, (in reality not a good idea but completely understandable) numb her pain but it made her behave in way that concerned police and health professionals. It was probably a cry for help but the family wouldnā€™t necessarily know that.

• Sad
I didnā€™t read it like that. It could mean when NB had a substantial amount of alcohol she reacts badly and is perhaps at risk of doing something she wouldnā€™t do sober, like hurting herself. I see NB as a woman struggling with menopause who has perhaps turned to alcohol at times to cope, (in reality not a good idea but completely understandable) numb her pain but it made her behave in way that concerned police and health professionals. It was probably a cry for help but the family wouldnā€™t necessarily know that.
The statement from the family said she had difficulty sleeping ā€¦ which is totally a place where alcohol as self-medication could be turned to

Reactions: 12
I asked my ex Met Detective friend that and his answer was ā€œnot necessarilyā€ because a missing person can get in contact but ask for it to be kept confidential. They would have to go before judge to officially close the case and it would be at that point they would announce to the public that they had ample evidence to close the case.

Iā€™m not an expert so take that with a pinch of salt - just going by what someone else told me.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Do you mean Mark Williams-Thomas? šŸ˜®
I posted earlier that Iā€˜ve never liked him. Someone asked why and I said it wasnā€™t rational, I just could never take to him.
Always follow your gut instinct, eh?

Yes that was him: he seems to hate the police and almost sounded like he was happy to force their hand on this. So I guess the family have him to thank for this being in the public

• Sad
Reactions: 2
How would she be able to live any sort of life long term with how much attention this has got? She's probably the most famous woman in the country right now. If she is alive, I suspect she'll show up at some point whether by choice or not.

I think PA is narcissistic ā€˜my girls, come home nowā€™ no emotions shown other little smirks.
A narcissist will wear you down & mock you in the cruelest of ways!!
Given that there was other issues with Nicola it may have all got too much for her!
We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but I also think he's a narc. Just my opinion of course!

I don't think he did something to her BUT I think he's not as innocent as he makes out. (And maybe just me thinking 'Doctor Foster' and the dad who painted the mum out to be a raging alcoholic. Waited until she had a drink, wound her up and called the police).

Maybe Nicola threatened to leave and that's why he believes she's still alive. He's taunting her by whipping up a frenzy. Gaslighting her from afar with every hope that she's watching.
That's why he's persisting with the 'not in the river' because he's out to hunt her down. He's using the media to stay in control, as if to say 'I will find you'.

'My girls' instead of 'our girls' and using such words as 'come home NOW'.

I've got no theory where she's gone or what's happened to her, but something doesn't quite sit right with PA.

And as I said, that's just my own personal opinion. I hope I'm completely wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Christ on a bike, since it was revealed that she had issues with alcohol Iā€™ve seen some ridiculous comments. Suddenly people think she was drink driving or rolling around on the floor too drunk to get up or carrying vodka in a water bottle. I mean I canā€™t say for certain but Iā€™m pretty sure she wouldā€™ve been able to function, if sheā€™d even had a drink that day. Itā€™s funny how peopleā€™s perception changes so drastically after one bit of news.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.