Nicola Bulley #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update 15/2/23
Lancashire Police held a Press Conference today, 15/2/23, to confirm detail and give an update on the Missing Person investigation for Nicola.
This post gives full notes on what was said - thank you @thegreencow

The Police confirmed that Nicola was classed as a High Risk Missing Person, due to a number of vulnerabilities shared with them by Paul at the time he reported Nicola missing. They did not give any information on what these were.

Following the Press Conference, later in the day, Lancashire Police took the unprecedented step of issuing the following statement:

IMG_2724.jpeg

Please, as ever, keep Nicola's family in mind with your posts.
The support for other posters with mental health struggles has been second to none over these threads. There has been no judgement. Let's try and show the same in this situation. We don't know what demons someone is facing in life. No matter the outcome, there are two children who will grow up and one day be able to read these pages.

Alcoholism is an illness; please remember that help is there if needed.

Please read the Wiki for all updates prior to 15/2/23

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 106
About this: “The police also revealed that on January 10, officers did a welfare check at the 45-year-old's home address 'as result of those issues'. The force confirmed that no one has been arrested in relation to this incident, but it is being investigated.”

What if the person under investigation in relation to the 10 January incident is Nicola herself? It’s possible, I guess, if she lashed out or something. This is pure speculation obviously, but if it’s the case, that certainly would have added to her mental stress.

• Sad
Reactions: 73
thread closed as posting

To everyone sharing their personal stories, thank you as more awareness of how common and debilitating these conditions are the better for everyone. I know some people are now speculating she was drunk and driving to school, on the walk etc she may have has an issue with alcohol but it doesn't mean she drank all day, every day.
The police were/are obviously doing all they could while respecting Nicola's and her families privacy but social media blew up, I know we are here but it is in a bubble that you have to go looking for not over Facebook, Tik Tok etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
About this: “The police also revealed that on January 10, officers did a welfare check at the 45-year-old's home address 'as result of those issues'. The force confirmed that no one has been arrested in relation to this incident, but it is being investigated.”

What if the person under investigation in relation to the 10 January incident is Nicola herself? It’s possible, I guess, if she lashed out or something. This is pure speculation obviously, but if it’s the case, that certainly would have added to her mental stress.
Yes, I wondered this too.

Reactions: 10
Can’t quite believe it. I’ve been out all day, and only just watched the press conference about an hour ago, and now I’ve just heard the news about her struggles with alcohol resurfacing. I really hope this information was released with the family’s consent, considering earlier today the police were pledging they were doing the absolute best to preserve the welfare of her family members. So sad and shocking.

I certainly don’t think any foul play was involved now.

Hopefully this should put a firm end to any self-identified detectives on TikTok, terrorising members of the village.

Reactions: 34
Never meant nicola would drive drunk with her kids in the car, just meant that she may have had something that morning maybe on her walk which led her to have an accident or wander off without be aware.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Thanks for another full and clear recap!

Tattle often gets an unfair bad name, however my overwhelming experience has been that this is a supportive place. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their honesty and in addition to the Perimenopause thread that’s been mentioned, I’ve also found the depression thread a great source of help.

It’s always worth searching in the advice or off-topic sections to see if there‘s a thread for anything you need to speak about and if not, then a new one can be started (I think you need to be at a certain level of ‘membership’ but someone can always start it for you) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 106
Actually makes me sick how the daily mail have gone trawling through photos to go with their article about this update, so they can use all the ones of her with a drink in her hand. They’ve never used that type of photos before.

I never would’ve guessed she had issues with alcohol. As someone mentioned earlier, by Facebook you would think her life was perfect. It’s true what they say, you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

I know it’s unlikely but I hope she’s just taken herself off somewhere and is safe. Can’t imagine how desperate you’d have to feel to leave your children, either by suicide or just walking away. Feel so sorry for her now 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
God I just hope she can be found regardless and the family can get some closure. I’ve said many times but what a bloody awful turn of events.

Reactions: 35
I would say that this adds some weight to the theory that she walked out but it also makes me think that she would have been seen by someone or would have re-appeared back/called herself in as safe by now. Especially if she continued to alcohol as a coping mechanism past the 10th

Reactions: 20
thread closed as posting

To everyone sharing their personal stories, thank you as more awareness of how common and debilitating these conditions are the better for everyone. I know some people are now speculating she was drunk and driving to school, on the walk etc she may have has an issue with alcohol but it doesn't mean she drank all day, every day.
The police were/are obviously doing all they could while respecting Nicola's and her families privacy but social media blew up, I know we are here but it is in a bubble that you have to go looking for not over Facebook, Tik Tok etc.
But this is clearly the angle the Police are going off and why they've been so certain she's in the river. Otherwise, why would the alcohol problem be mentioned? What does ones past use of alcohol have to do with it? They clearly believe it's relevant in this disappearance or they wouldn't have dredged it up.

Reactions: 13
Someone mentioned in the last thread that a body had been found somewhere? (Not necessarily Nicola’s) and I’ve lost the post… was that true?

Reactions: 4

It’s possible that the force has referred itself to the IOPC for investigation as they had recent contact with her

Reactions: 15
The police should have made this clear from Day 1. I understand it's hurtful to the family having to read this and if Nicola is out there she may feel shame or embarrassment (for the record, I don't think she has any reason to feel either of those things. Mental illness can be absolutely debilitating.)

How many times have we read about missing people being described as vulnerable? It can never be highlighted enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
A lot of people wondered and were questioning why her partner called the police so quickly and almost automatically assumed the worst instead of just looking for her or asking others, I’m guessing we know why now ☹

I do agree if the family and police had of mentioned all this to start with it would have stopped a lot of speculation but maybe the family really didn’t believe she’d do anything still? Maybe they wanted to keep it private for her sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
But this is clearly the angle the Police are going off and why they've been so certain she's in the river. Otherwise, why would the alcohol problem be mentioned? What does ones past use of alcohol have to do with it? They clearly believe it's relevant in this disappearance or they wouldn't have dredged it up.
Realistically everything is relevant to someone’s disappearance and classing them as a specific risk and reacting accordingly

It also gives them indication of where and how they should focus their search. They could have left the river alone but obviously the evidence they have made them think it’s the most likely hypothesis and focus resources on that. That is not to say that they ditched all other hypotheses

Reactions: 7
I've seen rumours on twitter that parts of Morecombe Bay are cordoned off but whether that is true I don't know.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.