NicNackLou #6 Nicky nooman unbelievable hooman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I worry for her going to Thailand, I was young for and healthy when I went and got horribly sick when I was there. Never been sick like it before or after his knows what it was but honestly would never ever go back

• Sad
Reactions: 5
A & E has minors for minor ailment or majors or sicker people, so like I was in majors for pancreatitis & gallstones and was admitted. Looks like the visit was for Alex ?! Am I wrong ?
based on the original photo she shared, i also thought that they were there for Alex, but she was actually pointing at the A&E sign, not him, and obviously just demanded he feature in her selfie. the original photo was followed by multiple photos - and then a reel - of Nicky with a drip, being given IV antibiotics, parading around with a drip stand - which she obvs told Alex to film - and wiggling her toes while on a hospital bed etc. she wasn't even on her usual teen cancer ward where the nurses are used to her antics, just skipping about wandering the corridors of A&E to ensure she had footage of herself attached to a drip stand to create a reel the moment she left. it must be such a surreal experience for nurses and NHS staff just trying to do their job and keep people alive, whilst influencers take any opportunity to use the hospital as a stage to perform for reels, or take photos as a cannula is being inserted etc, their sole focus on content and engagement, not their health as though it isn't an emergency department and they aren't supposedly very unwell!

she then shared that she has a crazy low white blood cell count and zero immunity, went to A&E as advised due or a slightly high temperature and was diagnosed with a chest infection, which they caught early, so she has been sent home with antibiotics, her predominant concern being that an infection could delay chemo, and that could cause their Thailand holiday to be cancelled, but absolutely no concern about going to Thailand when she is so at risk of infection! 🙄🙄

Reactions: 11
based on the original photo she shared, i also thought that they were there for Alex, but she was actually pointing at the A&E sign, not him, and obviously just demanded he feature in her selfie. the original photo was followed by multiple photos - and then a reel - of Nicky with a drip, being given IV antibiotics, parading around with a drip stand - which she obvs told Alex to film - and wiggling her toes while on a hospital bed etc. she wasn't even on her usual teen cancer ward where the nurses are used to her antics, just skipping about wandering the corridors of A&E to ensure she had footage of herself attached to a drip stand to create a reel the moment she left. it must be such a surreal experience for nurses and NHS staff just trying to do their job and keep people alive, whilst influencers take any opportunity to use the hospital as a stage to perform for reels, or take photos as a cannula is being inserted etc, their sole focus on content and engagement, not their health as though it isn't an emergency department and they aren't supposedly very unwell!

she then shared that she has a crazy low white blood cell count and zero immunity, went to A&E as advised due or a slightly high temperature and was diagnosed with a chest infection, which they caught early, so she has been sent home with antibiotics, her predominant concern being that an infection could delay chemo, and that could cause their Thailand holiday to be cancelled, but absolutely no concern about going to Thailand when she is so at risk of infection! 🙄🙄
I do wonder how it makes him feel… no doubt he’s worried about her. But she forces him to take a photo.

Reactions: 8
This has probably been said before but she strikes me as the sort of person who was REALLY annoying before cancer anyway

Reactions: 11
Will be interesting to see if she just completely drops off the radar now after drip feeding her A&E jolly ending with her slow walking into “Majors”. I’m guessing so to up engagement.

“Sorry for my radio silence I got home and went straight to bed and slept through for 16 hours apart from when I got up for food/toilet/meds/to watch a film yada yada”.

These Instagram people are so predictable 🥱
“Majors” jumped out at me! I doubt she would have filmed that sign if it said “minors” if that’s even a thing in A&e, I’m not sure?
Could she have faked the temperature? Could she just want the antibiotics be an immune booster for the impending trip? Sorry I’m not a medic so don’t know if that’s possible, it could be a ridiculous thought, but nothing would surprise me at this point with Nicky.
I just had to eye roll at the shorts drama, 2 things stood out for me there: 1. A chance to parade her stick thin body which she clearly LOVES and 2. Just a reminder of how ill she is and her fans will dig even deeper.

gosh, I’m such a cynic these days!

Reactions: 2
“Majors” jumped out at me! I doubt she would have filmed that sign if it said “minors” if that’s even a thing in A&e, I’m not sure?
Could she have faked the temperature? Could she just want the antibiotics be an immune booster for the impending trip? Sorry I’m not a medic so don’t know if that’s possible, it could be a ridiculous thought, but nothing would surprise me at this point with Nicky.
I just had to eye roll at the shorts drama, 2 things stood out for me there: 1. A chance to parade her stick thin body which she clearly LOVES and 2. Just a reminder of how ill she is and her fans will dig even deeper.

She has neutropenic sepsis .....an overwhelming infection - because of her low neutrophil/white blood cell count...in her case she has developed a chest infection which normally someone would have been able to shake off with their own body's immune response
However the infection has overwhelmed her body, this is a known consequence of her chemotherapy .Cancer patients are given guidelines on what to do if temp is above 37.5 degrees, and generally feeling unwell....to phone their cancer unit/ ward where they are triaged and if necessary told to come to hospital
its probably only because it's a Saturday that she had to go to A&E and she would be classed as major because of nature of symptoms
it is a life threatening condition .. requiring antibiotics ( often IV) , sometimes oxygen and often an inpatient stay)
It seems rather foolish that they've let her home on oral antibiotics....I her temp has been 39.9 overnight...she needs to let her team know again, as she may need IV antibiotics and admitted
she's an absolute fool if she thinks she can go to Thailand now! Although Thailand has decent hospitals in its larger cities, would you really risk such 2 long flights just to go on holiday and potentially risk your life just to see some poor elephants- I hope to god she wasn't planning on getting in river with them to wash them ( infection risk+++)
I'm on long term immunosuppressant medication and flew abroad long haul , for first time in 3 years last September....I knew the potential risks and took all necessary precautions and still ended up catching Covid on my return flight - which really floored me for a month
This was despite 6 vaccinations and mask wearing etc , god know how I'd have been if I'd got it on my flight there where medical treatment is not so hot
Go and see the elephants at Chester zoo instead Nic

Reactions: 15
She has neutropenic sepsis .....an overwhelming infection - because of her low neutrophil/white blood cell count...in her case she has developed a chest infection which normally someone would have been able to shake off with their own body's immune response
However the infection has overwhelmed her body, this is a known consequence of her chemotherapy .Cancer patients are given guidelines on what to do if temp is above 37.5 degrees, and generally feeling unwell....to phone their cancer unit/ ward where they are triaged and if necessary told to come to hospital
its probably only because it's a Saturday that she had to go to A&E and she would be classed as major because of nature of symptoms
it is a life threatening condition .. requiring antibiotics ( often IV) , sometimes oxygen and often an inpatient stay)
It seems rather foolish that they've let her home on oral antibiotics....I her temp has been 39.9 overnight...she needs to let her team know again, as she may need IV antibiotics and admitted
she's an absolute fool if she thinks she can go to Thailand now! Although Thailand has decent hospitals in its larger cities, would you really risk such 2 long flights just to go on holiday and potentially risk your life just to see some poor elephants- I hope to god she wasn't planning on getting in river with them to wash them ( infection risk+++)
I'm on long term immunosuppressant medication and flew abroad long haul , for first time in 3 years last September....I knew the potential risks and took all necessary precautions and still ended up catching Covid on my return flight - which really floored me for a month
This was despite 6 vaccinations and mask wearing etc , god know how I'd have been if I'd got it on my flight there where medical treatment is not so hot
Thankyou for the info 👌

Reactions: 3
Thread suggestion - NickNackLou #7 Come fly with me, to a certain and avoidable infection

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Re vaccinations. Would Nicky be able to have them due to her chemo?

Re vaccinations. Would Nicky be able to have them due to her chemo?
Yes, in fact they would be advised ( but not if on active treatment- but have them before treatment starts)
....the ones to avoid are "live" vaccines ( yellow fever MMR, Shingles)

Reactions: 2
Jesus, when I had sepsis I was on iv antibiotics and oxygen. I nearly died and had it not been for the IV antibiotics I probably would have done. I was in hospital for nearly a week. I can't believe she has been sent home with oral antibiotics, although I think she will be back because oral antibiotics just arnt enough! Theres no way she will get a valid insuarnce policy now what a bleeping dick!!

Reactions: 6
Jesus, when I had sepsis I was on iv antibiotics and oxygen. I nearly died and had it not been for the IV antibiotics I probably would have done. I was in hospital for nearly a week. I can't believe she has been sent home with oral antibiotics, although I think she will be back because oral antibiotics just arnt enough! Theres no way she will get a valid insuarnce policy now what a bleeping dick!!
This is the sepsis protocol from the hospital where( I'm pretty sure) Nic is treated.....nowhere does it say oral antibiotics and send patient home!
these are NICE guidelines, so should be adhered to irrespective of where your a patient
she should have been kept in for at least 24 hrs ....and she has a port have they checked that's not where the infection is from?
utter foolish to have been sent home

i genuinely didn't know the difference between "majors" and "minors", as i thought A&E was just A&E, but a quick google tells me that "minors" is when you have an injury which isn't deemed as a huge emergency, like a potential fracture, in that it is an "emergency", but you can sit and wait for hours, whereas "majors" is where you are triaged more quickly as there is a potential that you are more seriously unwell, but it is not deemed an "emergency" in the sense that you are rushed to resus. i don't remember ever seeing separate "majors" and "minors" specified signage, but my local A&E isn't a huge hospital and i also haven't been there for years, so it may have changed - but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if she had traisped around to find a "majors" sign to pose for a selfie in front of, regardless of whether it was an area she was actually waiting in.

it seems likely she would have been triaged pretty quickly given that she is obviously vulnerable to infection and of low immunity, as they are likely going to want to get her away from a crowded A&E waiting room where the risk of infection is likely fin a be higher, but i definitely got the impression she was dramatising the situation for content, because if you are genuinely been feeling very unwell, your priority is not to pose for photos and film footage for reels to then immediately upload to IG for clout and attention! she didn't seem to be feeling particularly rough, and explained she had only gone to A&E due to a slightly elevated temperature, thus advice to do so due to her neutropenia and and weakened immune system.

of she was unwell as she was making out, she wouldn't have been discharged with antibiotics. and for someone with a temperature of over 40°, again it just highlights how reckless and irresponsible it is still be planning to fly to Thailand when she is clearly at such high risk of infection! contracting diseases like malaria and dengue fever etc may be pretty unlikely generally, but the risk is still there, and for someone whose body is so unable to fight infection, it is a stupidly needless risk. 🤷🏻‍♂️

of she was unwell as she was making out, she wouldn't have been discharged with antibiotics. and for someone with a temperature of over 40°, again it just highlights how reckless and irresponsible it is still be planning to fly to Thailand when she is clearly at such high risk of infection! contracting diseases like malaria and dengue fever etc may be pretty unlikely generally, but the risk is still there, and for someone whose body is so unable to fight infection, it is a stupidly needless risk. 🤷🏻‍♂️
When I had sepsis my temp was 39.5 and I was so unwell. I was begging for a doctor and ripping my clothes off because i was so hot. I'm actually concerned that she's been allowed home with oral antibiotics and that she is massively underplaying a potentially fatal situation to 179,000 people. Talk about irresponsible. She either totally down played her symptoms to the medics in A+E or she has continued to get worse throughout the night especially with a temp so high, I hope she's gone back in to get the proper care she needs!

I knew she'd be back in 🤣🙄🤬 what an idiot!! I can't believe she even risked two night's at home with a temp of 40. When does she go to Thailand?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.