NickNackLou #12 I can grab/manipulate anything better than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The part that got me the most was the story of them in the garden together. Mr G looked like he'd been crying his eyes out and there was Nick, as happy and...clueless? Heavily medicated? Confused? In denial? As ever...

I don't care for either of them but I do think that Mr G has a kind face and is an overall good person, albeit very manipulated by our Princess. But there's no two ways about it, losing a person is hard and Mr G's situation is heartbreaking.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I agree the pic in the garden Mr G looks so sad. For him he will have to carry on when she is gone. I wonder if she's made him promise to find someone else to grab life with, because she comes across as weird like that.
Its very sad but it won't have been a shock that she's so poorly and no more treatment would have been a potential many times.
She posted about susie syringe driver not meaning end of life and then she is basically end of life, she must have known then, but to mislead people.
She has planned everything, hospice team, what her care will look like and in that respect she is very fortunate to have been able to do that.

Reactions: 9
I understand Mr G doing all the silly embarrassing things to please his wife, he has obviously been terrified of losing her for a long time. I had a cardiac arrest 2yrs ago,(life support for a week, and given little chance of waking up) before it happen my hubby tutted whenever I wanted to decorate, by new furniture, etc etc, since it happened and the diagnosis I got, I could decorate weekly, buy whatever I want, and he will smile and agree with my “wants” if I said I wanted a bunch of daffodils in December, he would find a way to get them.
I feel desperately sorry for Alex and yes she angers, infuriates and pisses me off no end but it’s so sad for Nicky, and all who love her,she is so young.
I wish she would say goodbye to the gram, and just give Alex-and her loved ones her full attention for the time she has left…… but she won’t

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I understand Mr G doing all the silly embarrassing things to please his wife, he has obviously been terrified of losing her for a long time. I had a cardiac arrest 2yrs ago,(life support for a week, and given little chance of waking up) before it happen my hubby tutted whenever I wanted to decorate, by new furniture, etc etc, since it happened and the diagnosis I got, I could decorate weekly, buy whatever I want, and he will smile and agree with my “wants” if I said I wanted a bunch of daffodils in December, he would find a way to get them.
I feel desperately sorry for Alex and yes she angers, infuriates and pisses me off no end but it’s so sad for Nicky, and all who love her,she is so young.
I wish she would say goodbye to the gram, and just give Alex-and her loved ones her full attention for the time she has left…… but she won’t
Unfortunately it just seems like Nicky has been more focused on instagram and doing brand work than she has anything else. Everything shes done over the past 2 or 3 years has all been for the purpose of content for social media. From holidays, to nights out having dinner with her family, from childrens parties to hospital admissions - shes 100% used every opportunity to create instagram content out of it. None of it has been genuine heartfelt real life captured organically and i find that sad - for Alex particularly, none of its been real - theyve had holidays and instead of them spending real genuine time together all she has done is treated it like work. His memories of her are all going to be tainted by her weird obsession with instagram.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Unfortunately it just seems like Nicky has been more focused on instagram and doing brand work than she has anything else. Everything shes done over the past 2 or 3 years has all been for the purpose of content for social media. From holidays, to nights out having dinner with her family, from childrens parties to hospital admissions - shes 100% used every opportunity to create instagram content out of it. None of it has been genuine heartfelt real life captured organically and i find that sad - for Alex particularly, none of its been real - theyve had holidays and instead of them spending real genuine time together all she has done is treated it like work. His memories of her are all going to be tainted by her weird obsession with instagram.
He will truly look back and think, why didn’t I ‘stop her’ his memories of the holidays they’ve had will be .. Nicky making him retake the pose, retake what he or she said etc etc . It’s desperately sad tbh

Reactions: 12
He will truly look back and think, why didn’t I ‘stop her’ his memories of the holidays they’ve had will be .. Nicky making him retake the pose, retake what he or she said etc etc . It’s desperately sad tbh
Once this is all over the best thing Alex could do would be to close all his social media down and stay the hell away from the whole entire thing. Get back to living a real life in the real world, privately and with people who feel the same

• Heart
Reactions: 24
He will at least have a hell of a lot of photos and videos to look at.....

Reactions: 10
I feel like and hope-- for her, Alex, and everyone who loves her-- that she might be around for quite a while yet. Idk she just doesn't seem as sick as BB was when she ended treatment. BB looked like the end was near, and had been so severely ill for so long, whereas NNL looks remarkably well, and has had only one long-ish admission... also 100% there's a port accessible clothing line about to drop, she's been hinting at it for months.

Reactions: 7
I feel sad for her husband too. He seems like a quiet guy who may need normality after this. It seems like he's being groomed to continue the account and I'm not sure the public sharing/ grieving that will involve is always healthy. Raising money/awareness etc is admirable but there is absolutely nothing wrong in choosing not to go down that path either.

Reactions: 7
Ps totally agree with what everyone has been saying about BB-- didn't always agree with her approach, but she was smart, courageous, stubborn, and open about her flaws. I also loved how sincerely she cared about research-- she was a science nerd, and I always enjoyed her genuine engagement with, knowledge of, and enthusiasm for cancer research.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm not sure why that is strange tbh. It's a conversation many of us have that are seriously ill.
Maybe I feel like she will be pushy with it like 'find someone else and carry on living, you mustn't stay on your own at all' but actually he might want to be on his own, I just feel like it would be her almost forcing him into it rather than it be a conversation of his choice to do as he wants in his chapters after nicky. I know she won't be able to force him to do anything but put pressure on him. Of course they are both young so why shouldn't he find someone else eventually as with anyone that their porogative, I just think she will push it, in her whiny tiny voice 'pwomise me you WILL find someone and go gwab yife wiv them for my sake'. Many widows choose to stay on their own quite happily, it's their choice at the end of the day.

Reactions: 2
He will at least have a hell of a lot of photos and videos to look at.....
yeah millions of photos and videos, all staged and posed and rehearsed and scripted, fake "surprise" and fake "joy" retaken repeatedly until they were insta "perfect" and sparkling with positivity - no genuine photos capturing real moments of happiness, all posed and taken for the sake of content. it's sad. they're hardly memories he's gonna wanna frame, because they are simply memories of being expected to perform for content, whether paling awkwardly for a photo or dressing up as a lobster to create a "positive" reel in an awful situation. 😔

Reactions: 2
I feel like and hope-- for her, Alex, and everyone who loves her-- that she might be around for quite a while yet. Idk she just doesn't seem as sick as BB was when she ended treatment. BB looked like the end was near, and had been so severely ill for so long, whereas NNL looks remarkably well, and has had only one long-ish admission.
BB and N have two different sorts of cancer. There is no 'right way' for someone to look. My mum didn't 'look' ill and we lost her quickly. The same with my friend.

Reactions: 9
Leane flynn who passed today looked remarkably well. Shows you can just never tell..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel like and hope-- for her, Alex, and everyone who loves her-- that she might be around for quite a while yet. Idk she just doesn't seem as sick as BB was when she ended treatment. BB looked like the end was near, and had been so severely ill for so long, whereas NNL looks remarkably well, and has had only one long-ish admission... also 100% there's a port accessible clothing line about to drop, she's been hinting at it for months.
I don't think how people look is a major sign tbh. Obviously Deborah looked extremely ill, but that changed quickly and often does, leading up to her death Deborah was still doing pretty well until the very end. I imagine Nic will be the same. Given the fact she's off all treatment now and had recent progression after years without, that isn't a good sign. My Dad (although a totally different cancer and different set of mets/more extensive) was at home and made the decision to stop treatment, the next day he went to a hospice unplanned for more intensive care and was dead two weeks later having never managed to leave. He looked dramatically different to the man who entered that hospice. Everyone's illness takes a different course but one thing that is quite common is that people go from seemingly doing 'well' (as far as you can be), to a rapid decline and dead not long after. It's a bleeping evil, evil illness. I really hope she has alot more time and gets to slip away comfortably in her own home, but life has a magical way of teaching us that's how most people/animals die and very few do :'(

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thing Nicky and Richard ( Bowelbro) have in common is they are both making out they are raising funds / awareness - but the Bike Ride was going to be set up direct to him instead of the charity as he did previously as well - and the painting that if you read the artist post from a selfie Nicky had sent her ? - is asking for donations from followers
I’m not sure who wants a naked pic of Nicky above fireplace in front room 🤣
These followers have donated to their GFM isn’t it time to pay back / give back to the charities themselves ?
I follow a young girl with cancer who has managed to write and get printed a book about her experiences for young cancer patients - in a few months - that’s free!! Now that’s amazing

• Heart
Leane flynn who passed today looked remarkably well. Shows you can just never tell..
She looked awful recently but was very skilled with wigs and make-up, and like Deborah was a truly beautiful radiant woman.

Reactions: 4
She has extensive bone mets and now liver mets. active cancer running rampant. her bloods are on the floor. it wont be long, a couple of months if that - and if she doesn’t get any infections or illnesses before that.
Betty thanks for sharing that. I’m still shocked but knew it was coming because of a couple of things she said and it felt different this time. I don’t mean to be a hypocrite but I’m going to be. I’m sad for her and she must be terrified I know I would be. I feel very sad for Alex and her family I hope it will be peaceful and painless when the time comes 🩷

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.