NickNackLou #12 I can grab/manipulate anything better than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thinking about how this has played out. I can imagine all her fellow cancer followers, who’ve felt pretty rank at times, feel a measure of anxiety because of how she’s portrayed cancer as fun, full of holidays and freebies. And now it’s over.
I wonder what BBB is feeling / thinking.

Reactions: 9
Will they (her team) have explained this to her?
I just wonder if she’s aware. Her posts doesn’t seem so. Unless I just don’t get her on more levels that I thought.
She doesn't seem that bothered, does she? That's her attitude to everything. Most peculiar. How about a post from the heart, rather than just paying lip-service? Even the 'the post I never wanted to write' was lifted from BowelBabe.

Reactions: 9
This is very sad. My mom has same mutation and same spread. I wonder why they didn’t let her try the medicine meant for her PIK3CA mutation. It raises blood sugar but doesn’t lower WBC. So sad.
Reading between the lines, and without being nasty, her body is just done. She simply wont tolerate any more treatment and is probably weeks away from dying. she is too far gone for the treatment to provide any real benefit now.

Reactions: 8
Yes her team should have explained it all to her.

i think her post is just her trying to remain as positive and as upbeat as she can. But she has basically been allowed to go home now and for nature to take its course. She will be kept comfortable with pain relief etc but id imagine she will more than likely end up in the hospice.
It quite sobering as an onlooker. I can’t imagine how they’re all coping. At least NNL will have medication for pain and anxiety.
I still don’t like her but I feel sickened by this news and the likely speed it will happen.
---
She doesn't seem that bothered, does she? That's her attitude to everything. Most peculiar. How about a post from the heart, rather than just paying lip-service? Even the 'the post I never wanted to write' was lifted from BowelBabe.
Yep. My thoughts too. There just doesn’t seem to be anything real about her. Everything, even this, the saddest of news, seems plastic.

Reactions: 13
My sister in law had the exact same cancer and complications as NNL. When she was told hat there were no lines of treatment for her she lasted 10 days. She made it to her daughters wedding two days before she passed though so that was amazing for our whole family

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
That post is really very odd - this big, serious, life-changing announcement followed by 'thanks for the dress with pockets!' Sigh. If she's expecting Prince William to rock up with a Damehood over the next few weeks she's going to very disappointed.
I found that odd as well. So much to take on board than mention doing a couple of projects and her dress, but l suppose we're all different 🥴

Reactions: 7
As much as I dislike her I can only imagine what’s she’s trying to deal with right now. And her parents and Alex. It’s very sad

Reactions: 34
As much as I dislike her I can only imagine what’s she’s trying to deal with right now. And her parents and Alex. It’s very sad
I can’t imagine being told you’re close to the end. The thought of having to leave my kids and missing the rest of their lives just breaks me. I’m not going to pretend I like NNL but I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. It’s a horrific way to go

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Thinking about how this has played out. I can imagine all her fellow cancer followers, who’ve felt pretty rank at times, feel a measure of anxiety because of how she’s portrayed cancer as fun, full of holidays and freebies. And now it’s over.
I wonder what BBB is feeling / thinking.
Well going by the reply that laura has written on Nicks post she found out along with the rest of us so doesnt seem like they are all that close really if Nick hadnt even given her the heads up ahead of time

Reactions: 5
It might have been too difficult for her to tell a lot of personal friends separately. She is probably very tired, both from the illness and the pain medication. (I know everyone knows this, just reflecting.)

So sad that it’s the end of the line for treatment. Even when someone has handled their illness badly, nothing can make it not-sad, in my opinion. She’s still far too young.

Reactions: 18
It might have been too difficult for her to tell a lot of personal friends separately. She is probably very tired, both from the illness and the pain medication. (I know everyone knows this, just reflecting.)

So sad that it’s the end of the line for treatment. Even when someone has handled their illness badly, nothing can make it not-sad, in my opinion. She’s still far too young.
Yes, she's very young. I feel for her family and hope she can get some time away from social media now (but I'm not optimistic about that - as she herself said, there are new projects in the pipeline!)

• Heart
It’s good that she grabbed life if that’s what she wanted … but maybe if she’d hadn’t grabbed it quite so hard her body wouldn’t have failed her as quickly as it has
Swings and roundabouts I guess, no one knows what goes on in a persons mind and how they wish to deal with the cards they’ve been dealt
At the end of the day cancer is a cock no matter who you are or how much money you have … it has touched my family and friends on numerous occasions and taken many people I love … I don’t like the way NNL behaves and never will….. BUT i wouldn’t wish that news on anyone

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
She may have done. She was however blurry over what she paid for and what was NHS.
Absolutely, I have always said she stayed alive because she had such wonderful health care/options, sadly many don’t get those.
---
Sadly not surprised by her news, I think we all knew it was coming. She has been too poorly on and off for the past year or so. Hopefully she will get all the care and support she needs and going forward her family and Alex will get the same.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Not a fan of all the grabbiness, Disney, twirling & dancing and babyish goings on but it is a very sad situation for her and her husband and family. She’s so young, got married and was planning a family and was then diagnosed. I guess all of the aforementioned was her way of coping with the absolutely crap hand she was given.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I think she’s trying to be an inspiration by being seemingly positive about the whole thing but actually, it’s ok to be bleeping angry at the world if that’s what she is actually feeling which I should imagine she probably is.

Reactions: 15
I think it was pretty obvious that this was going to be the outcome. She has been trying to get her head around it and love her or loathe her she tries to keep upbeat and positive. I can’t imagine coming home to die and actually facing that. It’s really sad to see it.

Reactions: 18
Sad news for NNL, I can’t imagine how she’s feeling, it’s just awful for her and her family. She reverts to a child like state with bad news doesn’t she.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I think she’s trying to be an inspiration by being seemingly positive about the whole thing but actually, it’s ok to be bleeping angry at the world if that’s what she is actually feeling which I should imagine she probably is.
It's also OK to feel scared and to express that. She risks alienating people even further by continuing to portray cancer as some sort of Disney ride.

Reactions: 12
She couldn't even let leann have her moment, all the time she had to do that post or wait til tomorrow but nope the nicky show continues. 😡

This is very cynical of me but I feel she had a deliberate plan not to launch whatever this new venture is until she had this news to accompany it with. Ensuring maximum support from her followers :(

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.