Ngozi Fulani and Sistah Space

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is no racism directed at white people?! If you actually think that then you are very, very naive.

While assumptions and stereotypes about white people do exist, this is considered racial prejudice, not racism.

Racial prejudice refers to a set of discriminatory or derogatory attitudes based on assumptions derived from perceptions about race and/or skin colour. Thus, racial prejudice can indeed be directed at white people (e.g., “White people can’t dance”) but is not considered racism because of the systemic relationship to power. When backed with power, prejudice results in acts of discrimination and oppression against groups or individuals

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Ngozi is on video, giving a public speech and asking the audience where they think she is from. I don't for one second believe she was distressed by such a question.

She chose to wear a traditional dress that reflects her ancestors' origin before they moved to the Caribbean. Why would she attend the event in heritage attire if she didn't want to draw attention to it?
I was talking generally about asking someone where they are from/what their ethnic origin is, and not Ngozi in this situation.

Ngozi is a scammer, a grifter and a race-baiter and probably went to the palace looking for a fight. But SH shouldn't have let herself be drawn into this. As soon as Ngozi said she was from Hackney, SH should have ended that line of questioning.

Reactions: 9
View attachment 1805179 It gets worse! They sell donated items to service users. Imagine this. You donate a pair of shoes to Sistah Space, thinking that it will be used to help someone in need, instead, it's sold to the person in need! Considering how interwoven the family seem to be with the charity, and what happened with The Captain Tom foundation (the daughter using the charity to generate work for her private business), this does not seem ethical or transparent towards people who donate to the charity in good faith.
The goods in the shop aren't donated, I don't think. They are bought from businesses run by members of the extended Ngozi-Headley family, and seemingly paid for by grants from the council.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
This woman has apparently exploited domestic abuse survivors, defrauded taxpayers via blatant nepotism, been a vexatious litigant against a council already underfunded, and taken funds that could have benefitted actual useful charities, and people want to talk about race instead of her seemingly shameful actions? Wow...

Reactions: 14
Everyone acting as if Ngozi is deceptive or appropriating African culture by dressing a certain way or changing her name needs to look into why the descendant of a slave has an anglicised name in the first place.

Black people, you know the people who originate from Africa, don't have the name Marlene Headley because it's traditionally African. Obviously something has happened along the way.

Maybe if her ancestor's owners allowed the slaves to retain their identities or better yet didn't separate them from their family to become property, then she'd have the African name she was originally intended to have.

Questioning her desire to connect with the roots that were stolen from her is ignorance and racism in itself. You're making light of the fact that she CAN'T trace her roots because they were stripped away from her ancestors.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Everyone acting as if Ngozi is deceptive or appropriating African culture by dressing a certain way or changing her name needs to look into why the ancestor of a slave has an anglicised name. Maybe if her ancestor's owners allowed them to retain their identities or better yet didn't separate them from their family to become property, then she'd have the African name she was originally intended to have.

Questioning her desire to connect with the roots that were stolen from her is ignorance and racism in itself. You're making light of the fact that she CAN'T trace her roots because they were stripped away from her ancestors.
We are questioning Fulani allegedly exploiting domestic violence victims for her family's own financial gain and misusing grants, funded by the tax payer for her allegedly fraudulent operation.

Reactions: 10
Well this has all back fired beautifully. Those in questionably funded glasshouses shouldn't throw stones and not expect to create ripples.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
As for colonialism, that ended many, many years before I was born. I am talking about life in 2022, not 1822.
You might need an updated, accurate history book because my mum was born during colonial times and she's not 200 years old. She's not even 70.

Other countries gained independence years later so even more recently. Unless you were born yesterday?

Screenshot_20221214-231522_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
In academia and the media we're always told to avoid thinking of "African" as a unified cultural descriptor. There are lots of different cultures and ethnicities in Africa, which is an enormous continent. The south coast of South Africa and the Sahara region are literally on different sides of the world. Mixing up Igbo and Fulani names from Nigeria, especially given the history of animosity between Igbo and Fulani people and then adopting dress styles more like a Zulu woman from thousands of miles away would wear, including a shell headband that apparently should only be worn by teenagers, is the sort of thing that gets celebrities crucified on social media. By the likes of Fulani and her supporters.

If the suggestions made by the anonymous tweeter are true, this is a handy smokescreen to hide behind. It also looks like Fulani was directly involved with service users of Sistah Space, despite having no relevant qualifications or experience in social work, counselling, law or similar.

Her professional background is teaching music and dance. She may well be a very skilled and inspirational teacher, but that doesn't qualify her to advise on social care matters.

Reactions: 7
And no, it's not racist to question the finances of a charity but it is questionable that someone gives their undisputed account of being subjected to prejudice and the main reaction is to find fault with that person. In any other circumstance this would be victim blaming.

What makes this witch hunt become racism is the attempt to suppress a black person and invalidate their experiences simply for asking not to be treated differently.

Just like it's not sexist to ask a woman if she plans to start a family, but it becomes so when done in a job interview and used against her.

No one has said what happened didn't happen so how does this all change the facts of the interaction between NF and LH? If Sistah Space is found to be dodgy, it won't make Lady Hussey's incessant questioning any less impolite or racially insensitive. The two aren't mutually exclusive. NF didn't force LH to be rude.

If Sistah Space was so questionable, why did it take for her being subjected to an uncomfortable situation for everyone to decide to do something about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
That's when this witch hunt becomes racism because you're suppressing a black person and invalidating their experiences.
@Eltonjohnsflorist Invalidated my experience of racism. What are your thoughts on that?

If Sistah Space was so questionable, why did it take for her being subjected to an uncomfortable situation for everyone to decide to do something about it?
Read the thread, there is evidence from 8 months ago to suggest that she is a crook.

In any other circumstance it would be called victim blaming.
If the suspicions are true, the only person to blame for the negative attention she has been getting online is Ngozi Fulani herself.

Reactions: 5
I'm with Ricky Gervais. Just because your offended doesn't make you right. An elderly lady asking someone where they are from, while said lady is CLEARLY wearing an outfit in a somewhat confused attempt to reflect her ancestry is not unreasonable at all. I'm sorry it's just not. Clothing and jewellery has been used since the dawn of time to identify your tribe, place of birth, profession, class, age and status. I doubt the old girl would have bothered asking if that woman had been wearing a Next trouser suit.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Eltonjohnsflorist Invalidated my experience of racism. What are your thoughts on that?

Read the thread, there is evidence from 8 months ago to suggest that she is a crook.

If the suspicions are true, the only person to blame for the negative attention she has been getting online is Ngozi Fulani herself.
And how does NF/Sistah Space being dodgy change the fact that LH was rude and racist in her questioning?

I'm with Ricky Gervais. Just because your offended doesn't make you right. An elderly lady asking someone where they are from, while said lady is CLEARLY wearing an outfit in a somewhat confused attempt to reflect her ancestry is not unreasonable at all. I'm sorry it's just not. Clothing and jewellery has been used since the dawn of time to identify your tribe, place of birth, profession, class, age and status. I doubt the old girl would have bothered asking if that woman had been wearing a Next trouser suit.
Asking someone where they're from is completely fine. Asking them again and again when they've already answered is rude. Using the phrase "really from" indicates the person is lying and doesn't belong to where they've claimed.

LH's "people" (to use her phrasing) are "really from" Germany but I bet no one asks her that question 12 times.

I bet when LH or any member of the royal family describes themselves as English or British no one accuses them of not being proud of their German roots.

I'm also waiting for the posts mocking the GERMAN royal family for adopting English names or laughing at them for wearing English clothing.

And how does NF/Sistah Space being dodgy change the fact that LH was rude and racist in her questioning?
If it was racist, there would have been a police investigation. Fulani has allegedly defrauded Hackney council of hundreds of thousands of pounds.

If it was racist, there would have been a police investigation. Fulani has allegedly defrauded Hackney council of hundreds of thousands of pounds.
The lack of a criminal charge or prosecution does not mean an event did not take place. That's a worrying precedent you've set. I hope you don't apply that mindset to all wrong behaviours because you and I both know people can misbehave for a lifetime and never face consequences. Try again.

Reactions: 6
Asking someone where they're from is completely fine. Asking them again and again when they've already answered is rude.
Right so now this lady is rude, not racist - hold the front page. Last time I heard being rude wasn't a crime or particularly newsworthy but NF has engineered it to be because she has conflated rudeness with racism.

The lack of a criminal charge or prosecution does not mean an event did not take place. That's a worrying precedent you've set. I hope you don't apply that mindset to all wrong behaviours because you and I both know people can misbehave for a lifetime and never face consequences. Try again.
There hasn't even been an investigation, let alone charge or prosecution. It seems you are deflecting from the seriousness of the alleged activities of this charity.

Right so now this lady is rude, not racist - hold the front page. Last time I heard being rude wasn't a crime or particularly newsworthy but NF has engineered it to be because she has conflated rudeness with racism.
And NF is suspected of committing an actual crime - fraud.

What does everyone think of my screenshot? I take issue with it for several reasons, but too tired to get into it yet. Personally, I'm just not very interested in Fulani and Hussey's interaction. I was initially interested in SS and came to similar conclusions about it though. Made me wonder how many dodgy charities we have. Probably more than we think!

fulani.jpg

• Wow