Ngozi Fulani and Sistah Space

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also “Sistah” So sick of anything “black” having stupid spellings. Its bloody insulting and racist. Like Caribbean or African people can’t be educated and spell properly, they aren't all from the “ghetto” duck off!

Reactions: 23
She says she has to "profile a particular way". Now this is not that she feels obligated by society to look a particular way, as she is dressed in very different clothes at the beginning. This sounds to me like a woman in an agenda who is adopting a "profile" to cause ruption.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
At first I agreed with you but Lady Hussey's job is to find out some facts about people in order to introduce them to the Queen Consort (and previously the Queen) so they can have some talking points.

It was obvious Fulani was being deliberately obtuse because she had an agenda.

anyway, her takedown was as swift as I suspected it would be. It doesn’t surprise me she was in charge of another dodgy charity she had vibes of that other fraudster Camila Batmanghelidjh.
But it doesn't matter if she did or didn't have an agenda, I have no idea. Yes, Lady Hussey's job is to find things out but not to keep going down a track where she was clearly unwelcome. There were plenty of talking points that don't start with the history of how somebody's family came to be in the UK and they are all a lot more relevant to the point of the event. She wouldn't have asked me how I'd ended up in the part of the UK I live in so why would she do that to somebody else? As I say, I don't have an in depth details of the charity and if it is valid or not but that is irrelevant to the fact that Lady Hussey was rude and unprofessional and almost certainly showed significant amounts of in built racism unfortunately. A separate discussion about the charity is fine but to blame her for being offended by being treated in that manner is not reasonable but happens all too often. I've put on another post, in a work type setting if I was asked where I was from I would state my company name as that would be who I were representing. If the question was repeated I'd say the location of my office and possibly explain that the head office was elsewhere in the country as it's a small organisation that most wouldn't have heard of. It wouldn't have occured to me that I were actually being asked where my grandparents or parents were from or where I were born as, I repeat, it's not relevant to the occasion so not sure why Camilla would need to know anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
But it doesn't matter if she did or didn't have an agenda, I have no idea. Yes, Lady Hussey's job is to find things out but not to keep going down a track where she was clearly unwelcome. There were plenty of talking points that don't start with the history of how somebody's family came to be in the UK and they are all a lot more relevant to the point of the event. She wouldn't have asked me how I'd ended up in the part of the UK I live in so why would she do that to somebody else? As I say, I don't have an in depth details of the charity and if it is valid or not but that is irrelevant to the fact that Lady Hussey was rude and unprofessional and almost certainly showed significant amounts of in built racism unfortunately. A separate discussion about the charity is fine but to blame her for being offended by being treated in that manner is not reasonable but happens all too often. I've put on another post, in a work type setting if I was asked where I was from I would state my company name as that would be who I were representing. If the question was repeated I'd say the location of my office and possibly explain that the head office was elsewhere in the country as it's a small organisation that most wouldn't have heard of. It wouldn't have occured to me that I were actually being asked where my grandparents or parents were from or where I were born as, I repeat, it's not relevant to the occasion so not sure why Camilla would need to know anyway.
I think it's a sad state of affairs if two people can't have a discussion about someone's ancestry.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
She says she has to "profile a particular way". Now this is not that she feels obligated by society to look a particular way, as she is dressed in very different clothes at the beginning. This sounds to me like a woman in an agenda who is adopting a "profile" to cause ruption.
I’d assume if people are dressed in full ethnic/ tribal attire it means they’re very proud of their heritage and would expect to be asked questions if they’ve made an effort to stand out or why go to the bother? there were other black women there dressed in normal UK attire that the old woman never looked twice at but made a beeline for Ngozi.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it's a sad state of affairs if two people can't have a discussion about someone's ancestry.
It’s a sad state of affairs that regardless of an initial assumption as to why anybody is doing anything that somebody doesn’t realise that it’s rude to keep asking the same question when it’s clearly a subject they don’t want to engage in. I was helping out at my godchild’s birthday party a few months ago. I was asked by one of the mums which child was mine. I explained I didn’t have a child. I didn’t know the woman and this should have been the end of the conversation. She spent the rest of the afternoon repeatedly asking why I didn’t have children and refused to accept my increasingly short answers. Did I have an agenda too for not giving the answer that was wanted or is it ok that I found her rude and overbearing? Even without any racist elements in the original situation, it’s just plain rude and to get to that age, in that job, without picking up on a dead end is laughable.

Reactions: 22
It’s a sad state of affairs that regardless of an initial assumption as to why anybody is doing anything that somebody doesn’t realise that it’s rude to keep asking the same question when it’s clearly a subject they don’t want to engage in. I was helping out at my godchild’s birthday party a few months ago. I was asked by one of the mums which child was mine. I explained I didn’t have a child. I didn’t know the woman and this should have been the end of the conversation. She spent the rest of the afternoon repeatedly asking why I didn’t have children and refused to accept my increasingly short answers. Did I have an agenda too for not giving the answer that was wanted or is it ok that I found her rude and overbearing? Even without any racist elements in the original situation, it’s just plain rude and to get to that age, in that job, without picking up on a dead end is laughable.
exactly this (and i’ve been in that exact situation you describe).

“what is your ancestry/heritage” is a very different question from “where you really from”. regardless of what’s come out about the charity later, i don’t get how the onus is immediately on the person being questioned to appease or help the person questioning.

Reactions: 19
Screenshot_20221213-194727.png
It gets worse! They sell donated items to service users. Imagine this. You donate a pair of shoes to Sistah Space, thinking that it will be used to help someone in need, instead, it's sold to the person in need! Considering how interwoven the family seem to be with the charity, and what happened with The Captain Tom foundation (the daughter using the charity to generate work for her private business), this does not seem ethical or transparent towards people who donate to the charity in good faith.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
*I thought it is time this madam had her own thread.
Ngozi Fulani (Formerly Marlene Headley)

Ngozi Fulani came to public attention after claiming through the guise of her charity Sistah Space's Twitter that she was the victim of racist "abuse" by Lady Susan Hussey at a Royal event. Allegedly, Lady Hussey asked where she is from. Ngozi, dressed in traditional African attire replied "Hackney". Lady Hussey allegedly continued to ask where she is "really from". Finally, Fulani said that her ancestors were from the Caribbean and Africa. When a transcript of the conversation was posted on Twitter, a public debate began. The Royal Family quickly dismissed Lady Hussey of her duties and Ngozi Fulani set about giving television interviews, saying she felt abused by the questioning.

It is argued that asking where someone is from is not racist. Some say it was simply that the wording was wrong. Others say there is nothing wrong at all. Nana Akua, a journalist of African descent and presenter, criticised Ngozi Fulani's accusations. A woman on Twitter, said she was refused help from domestic violence charity Sistah Space, as Ngozi said she is mixed race and that means she has privileges. Some say this itself is discrimination.

Now, Sistah Space is under further questioning, after it was revealed that the bookkeeping raises concerns, as does the way donations are spent.

Quote From Unherd.com
Knew this witch was a crook from day 1 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
At first I agreed with you but Lady Hussey's job is to find out some facts about people in order to introduce them to the Queen Consort (and previously the Queen) so they can have some talking points.

It was obvious Fulani was being deliberately obtuse because she had an agenda.

anyway, her takedown was as swift as I suspected it would be. It doesn’t surprise me she was in charge of another dodgy charity she had vibes of that other fraudster Camila Batmanghelidjh.
I agree she was probably being deliberately obtuse but as a lady In Waiting of so many years standing, surely Hussey was capable of using a bit of charm in this situation eg admiring Fulani's dress, asking for background about the charity and why it was set up rather than demanding the same information in what sounds like a belligerent way.

Reactions: 13
I agree she was probably being deliberately obtuse but as a lady In Waiting of so many years standing, surely Hussey was capable of using a bit of charm in this situation eg admiring Fulani's dress, asking for background about the charity and why it was set up rather than demanding the same information in what sounds like a belligerent way.
I think L Hussey was trying to use some down to earth charm when she said something along the lines of "I can see you're going to be difficult".. Some people, when they meet someone, jokingly say "I can see you're going to be trouble". I am not saying that is right and it is inappropriate for a formal setting but after 60 years, perhaps L Hussey adopted a more casual attitude, especially with the more casual Charles on the throne.

As I said on the RF thread, I wonder if L Hussey had been indulging in the champagne.

I don't believe that N Fulani was personally offended, as I said, I think she had an agenda and she is on video putting on a piece of Carribbean headwear and asking the audien where they think she is from. Interesting that this was the same phrase she later claimed L Hussey used....

Reactions: 4
As a keen amateur genealogist if I met someone whose surname I knew was prevalent in a particular area of this country, I'd be asking them where they are from.

Well I probably wont now because its yet another thing you cant talk about.

As a keen amateur genealogist if I met someone whose surname I knew was prevalent in a particular area of this country, I'd be asking them where they are from.

Ironically, I have heard that Ngozi is an Igbo (Nigerian community division) name and would not traditionally be paired with Fulani.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Maybe she was a bit hard of hearing? I know quite a few oldies that need things repeated a few times before they grasp the conversation.

Reactions: 4
No one got Susan's recollection of the conversation. Marlene is a verified fraudster outside of this event, and the sad state of affairs is anyone believing anything a pathological fraudster has to say without questioning it, all in the name of wokery.

How could she have memorised that conversation word for word if it was completely unexpected? She got the question and began immediately acting obtuse to corner an octogenarian and launch a scam. It's disgusting. Soon people will stop believing reports of racist abuse altogether when we've got crap like this clogging up the channels.

Marlene was there to play pin the tail on the racist, so the "initial assumption" here is fundamental.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
No one got Susan's recollection of the conversation. Marlene is a verified fraudster outside of this event, and the sad state of affairs is anyone believing anything a pathological fraudster has to say without questioning it, all in the name of wokery.

How could she have memorised that conversation word for word if it was completely unexpected? She got the question and began immediately acting obtuse to corner an octogenarian and launch a scam. It's disgusting. Soon people will stop believing reports of racist abuse altogether when we've got crap like this clogging up the channels.

Marlene was there to play pin the tail on the racist, so the "initial assumption" here is fundamental.
Lad Hussey’s age is irrelevant, if she’s too old to be respectful she shouldn’t have been there plus there were other witnesses to the conversation. How anybody could scam somebody by making them ask you questions is beyond me. Regardless of if she is or isn’t a fraudster outside of these events, she wasn’t treated respectfully.

View attachment 1805179 It gets worse! They sell donated items to service users. Imagine this. You donate a pair of shoes to Sistah Space, thinking that it will be used to help someone in need, instead, it's sold to the person in need! Considering how interwoven the family seem to be with the charity, and what happened with The Captain Tom foundation (the daughter using the charity to generate work for her private business), this does not seem ethical or transparent towards people who donate to the charity in good faith.
Plus per their website, they only sell ✨brand new✨ items so don’t you dare think about donating something that’s been (urgh!) used. Heavens no.

Reactions: 6

I agree. Remember Blind Date with Cilla Black all those years ago, everyone she introduced was met with 'what’s your name and where do you come from'.

How times change in such short time.

Reactions: 7
And nor should she be as she IS a fraudster. I'd have kicked her arse out of the Palace and threw her rancid wig out after her 👊
It wasn't known at the time of the event that she was a fraudster and she isn’t wearing a wig. She has dreadlocks.

Reactions: 1