Ngozi Fulani and Sistah Space

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We only have Ngozi Fulani's word for what happened during the conversation. Apparently Lady Susan is a bit deaf - someone asked upthread.

It's possible to believe that Lady Susan was probably being a bit insensitive at the same time as being skeptical of Sistah Space's operations.

Reactions: 8
What the actual racist duck is the majority of this thread?? Calling Ms Felani a 'witch', a 'crook', a 'pathological fraudster' with a 'rancid wig'. Decrying words like 'Sistah.' Suggesting Lady Hussey's intrusive grilling/'othering' of a Black woman is no worse that Cilla asking which town you're from on a tv game show. I cringe that so many whites are blind to internalised bigotry. Can we try harder to just... not be racist.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Examining the activities of someone who appears to be engaged in deception and possible fraud, if that person happens to be black, is not racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
This is just hog wash. Ms fulani isn’t a trustee or the charities finance director so what does any of this have to do with her? (if even true, I’m inclined to believe the people making accusation just don’t know what they’re talking about and have little familiarity with charities or accounting)

the lengths people will go to to destroy a black woman who called out racism.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Examining the activities of someone who appears to be engaged in deception and possible fraud, if that person happens to be black, is not racist.
No but some of the comments are unfortunately

We only have Ngozi Fulani's word for what happened during the conversation. Apparently Lady Susan is a bit deaf - someone asked upthread.

It's possible to believe that Lady Susan was probably being a bit insensitive at the same time as being skeptical of Sistah Space's operations.
To the first sentence, there were witnesses who backed up Ngozi’s account of the conversation and to the second point, yes you can be sceptical but a lady Hussey was more than a bit insensitive.

Reactions: 10

Neither palace or lady Susan have disputed ms fulanis account of events. There were also independent witnesses who have been widely interviewed by the media who verify ms fulanis version of events

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Absolutely correct. Some people though have this bizarre attitude that any form of criticism of a black person is racism. It's actually very regressive as it makes it look like all they see is the colour of skin and reduce people of colour to being that and nothing else.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I think it's a sad state of affairs if two people can't have a discussion about someone's ancestry.
But what happens if someone doesn't want you to talk about their ancestry, or thinks it's none of your business, and that you're being rude? What if someone is estranged from most of their birth family, and you mentioning their ancestry is in fact painful for them? What is someone was adopted into a family of a different ethnic origin to them, and they don't know much about their ancestry?

Would you ask someone white what their ancestry was, or would you just ask someone who was visibly of an ethnicity different to yours?

Try and see different viewpoints apart from yours when it comes to this matter, as it's not as simple as you're making out.

However, now that more has come to light about Ngozi, I think she probably engineered the situation with Susan Hussey, or exaggerated it (particularly as she chose to wear that outfit to the palace, and doesn't normally dress like that). I'm delighted she and her dodgy charity dealings have now been exposed (I read the whole Twitter thread/investigation). What a disgusting race-baiting scammer, using domestic violence to make a profit.

I agree. Remember Blind Date with Cilla Black all those years ago, everyone she introduced was met with 'what’s your name and where do you come from'.

How times change in such short time.
"Where do you come from" is very different to saying "what ethnic origin are you" though, isn't it?

I'm very happy to talk about my hometown, but not happy if people ask me about my ethnic origin. The answer to that involved divulging personal information and a painful backstory which is none of the business of a stranger or casual acquaintance.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
But what happens if someone doesn't want you to talk about their ancestry, or thinks it's none of your business, and that you're being rude? What if someone is estranged from most of their birth family, and you mentioning their ancestry is in fact painful for them? What is someone was adopted into a family of a different ethnic origin to them, and they don't know much about their ancestry?
Ngozi is on video, giving a public speech and asking the audience where they think she is from. I don't for one second believe she was distressed by such a question.

She chose to wear a traditional dress that reflects her ancestors' origin before they moved to the Caribbean. Why would she attend the event in heritage attire if she didn't want to draw attention to it?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Do you know how annoying it is when people ask you where you're from, and then say "but where are you REALLY from?"... They are basically asking you why are you black. I'm mixed race, black dad, white mom & I get it ALL the damn time, especially on dating apps and such and its's bleeping rude & annoying. Why does someone need to know where I'm from? Even worse when they try to guess your race. Someone asked me if I was Nigerian. I'm not. Oh and we also can't say anything because then we get called "angry black women with a chip on our shoulder".

In regards to Ngozi, I think she underestimated the back lash. England is not ready for the conversation that is racism. It's been proven that the system is racist, they do a couple stories and it's never heard from again. You see how the press and everyone go after Megan because our press is racist - completely ignoring the fact Handy Andy is a ped0. I don't know why Ngozi thought she would be the voice that would get England talking about race when she has so many skeletons in her closet. I think if you want to talk about race & racism, you need to be squeaky clean so you can't get dragged all over the gaff with deflection.

Because Marlene's dodgy past - this is no longer about race, but about how dodgy she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Is it all about Meghans colour or just that she’s not from upperclass British stock 🤷🏼‍♀️Wallace Simpson faced the same barrage of abuse and she wasn’t black . I couldn’t see a white woman being accepted if she was from a council estate, Camilla is accepted because she’s from the right stock regardless of her adulterous affairs and divorcee status.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The anonymous Twitter thread suggests that she has been misusing grants meant to be for providing DV services. I'm not fully up to speed with what Sistah Space claims to do and what services they offer, but it appears that it runs a charity shop which is stocked with items supplied by businesses belonging to the Fulani-Headley family (they sometimes use that name) and Ngozi Fulani's sisters. Grants were used to buy these items for the shop, rather than the stock being donated, and Sistah Space service users are signposted to the shop, rather than being given the products. They are not even sold at a discounted rate. This is classic Kids Company stuff, charitable grants being used to prop up businesses run by associates of the founder.

Fulani may not be a trustee or Sistah Space's financial officer, but the money is benefitting her family and probably her herself.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Do you know how annoying it is when people ask you where you're from, and then say "but where are you REALLY from?"... They are basically asking you why are you black. I'm mixed race, black dad, white mom & I get it ALL the damn time, especially on dating apps and such and its's bleeping rude & annoying. Why does someone need to know where I'm from? Even worse when they try to guess your race. Someone asked me if I was Nigerian. I'm not. Oh and we also can't say anything because then we get called "angry black women with a chip on our shoulder".
I can see how that would be annoying. If someone asked me something I didn't want to answer, I would say, I don't want to talk about it, but everyone is different and as you say, you worry about being perceived as hostile if you say something.

That said, I don't think we should ban or make it illegal to ask where someone's ancestry is from (I know L Hussey didn't word it that way). Freedom is important and that includes freedom of speech, as long as it's not extreme, harmful speech.
England is not ready for the conversation that is racism. It's been proven that the system is racist, they do a couple stories and it's never heard from again.
There have been many conversations about race, especially black race and people of mixed race recently.

Such as this:

And this:

Racism does exist, and racism towards people of black ethnictity, be it fully or mixed is a particular problem with the police force, the stop and searches and the aggressive manner in which some black people are treated. Everyone, black, white, Chinese should have an equal opportunity to lead a thriving life without discrimination.

Racism also exists towards white people. Several times this year, I have been called a white .... and I know people who have applied for senior roles and been told they will not be considered, because they are white!

Twitter is full of racial slurs towards white people, yet this does not get called out. I was banned from a forum for criticising a post which promotes discrimination against white people.

Personally, I think (my opinion), that Ngozi Fulani has bigotry towards white people and people with white ethnicity genes. A woman on Twitter claims that she wad refused help by Fulani because she is mixed race and has white genes. I find it hard to believe someone would lie about something as serious as domestic violence.

What the actual racist duck is the majority of this thread?? Calling Ms Felani a 'witch', a 'crook', a 'pathological fraudster'
That's not racist. She is suspected of fraud. And BTW, you may wish to get the lady's name right, who you are heroically defending, it's Fulani.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart

In regards to Ngozi, I think she underestimated the back lash. England is not ready for the conversation that is racism. It's been proven that the system is racist, they do a couple stories and it's never heard from again. You see how the press and everyone go after Megan because our press is racist - completely ignoring the fact Handy Andy is a ped0. I don't know why Ngozi thought she would be the voice that would get England talking about race when she has so many skeletons in her closet. I think if you want to talk about race & racism, you need to be squeaky clean so you can't get dragged all over the gaff with deflection.

Because Marlene's dodgy past - this is no longer about race, but about how dodgy she is.

Everything about this post is SOLID GOLD.

There is no racism to white people. You may experience prejudice- that is not the same. I don’t thnk the posters on this thread want to learn about racism 😟

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
There is no racism to white people.
Ignorance. Yes, there is racism to white people. I know so, because I have experienced it. Back to topic on the alleged fraudster Fulani. If the donations of goods were all brand new, I wonder if she contacted the suppliers to ask for them and if so, did she tell them that her intention was to sell them to service users? Hmmm.

Screenshot_20221214-180256_Chrome.jpg

Must be serious if the press are 'door-stepping' her.

Last edited:
  • Sick
You can’t possibly think the press doorstopping her is serious.

And you can’t argue what racism is, because it’s not your choice or view. White people in the U.K. can experience prejudice. This is not racism.

I am Not sure these statements are quite the gotchas you’re expecting.

Loving how white people can’t handle being told their views on racism don’t matter 😭 angry faces all the way. Things are changing and the immediate sacking of lady Susan was an overdue illustration of that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
It's always white people dragging out the 'reverse racism' card. It's a myth. There can be stereotyping or prejudice towards whites, yes, but not racism, simply because of whiteness's systemic relationship to power, rooted in colonialism which continues to privilege and reproduce itself even today. Educating yourself on this is a good first step towards understanding what it might feel like to be a person who is not white living in the UK.
It seems people on social media, including on here, have been affronted by Ms Fulani (ta for pointing out my typo, Gloria 👌) sticking up for herself and are determined to make her pay.
I'm also aware that, as Eltonjohn mentioned, my views on racism as a white person don't matter very much. What's more important is to work hard not to be a racist. Quite simple really. 😩👍

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
It's always white people dragging out the 'reverse racism' card. It's a myth.
Racism works both ways. It doesn't only apply to one race. As for colonialism, that ended many, many years before I was born. I am talking about life in 2022, not 1822.

I'm also aware that, as Eltonjohn mentioned, my views on racism as a white person don't matter very much.
Your views do matter. That was a ridiculous comment for them to make. White persons' views do matter. And for them to say I don't have a choice in how I feel about being the victim of racist abuse, as a white woman, is abhorrent.

I am not going to read or reply to any more comments about who can experience racism. This thread is about the suspected scandal of Sistah Space and it's representative, Ngozi Fulani.

Now, let's get back to the topic of Fulani and Sistah Space. 🙏

Fj9cp5KX0AMMzpq.jpeg

Not a very charitable thing to say!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Everything about this post is SOLID GOLD.

There is no racism to white people. You may experience prejudice- that is not the same. I don’t thnk the posters on this thread want to learn about racism 😟

There is no racism directed at white people?! If you actually think that then you are very, very naive.

• Heart
  • Haha